Page 2942 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 1942 2442 2842 2892 2932 2940 2941 2942 2943 2944 2952 2992 3042 3442 ... LastLast
Results 44,116 to 44,130 of 55059

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Today's a crappy day. My joints feel like rubber and I've had that lingering disconnected feeling you get when you're taking cold medicine and it wears off, only I haven't taken any cold medicine.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

KevinD (05-01-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    threesome?
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,888 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Today's edition of conversations with my wife...

Me: Can you believe 10 people are going to the musical for your birthday? People love every event we plan apparently!!
    Her: You think so?
    Me: They all came to our last event! Every single one!
    Her: That was our wedding.
    Me: I don't think that's it. They just love our event planning.
    Her:
    My conversations with my wife NEVER go that way, never have. Sounds cool and great though. Rock on.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-02-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,888 Posts
    Okaaaaayyyy...I just saw and advert for a TV show. I'm guessing a talk show format. It was called Wendy iirc. At any rate, the hostess is a blackish woman(trans?) with absolutely monsterish boobs. Smdh...
    Last edited by KevinD; 05-02-2019 at 02:53 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Okaaaaayyyy...I just saw and advert for a TV show. I'm guess8its a talk show format. It was called Wendy iirc. At any rate, the history is a blackish woman(trans?) With absolutely monsterish boobs. Smdh...
    Thats probably Wendy Williams and she definitly has some mannish qualities about her..

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Happy birthday, Pop. I miss you.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (05-02-2019), RBP (05-02-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (05-02-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    All of a sudden I'm very, very tired.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I was reading the local paper that was delivered today and noticed in the obituaries that a guy I graduated high school with passed away a few days ago.

He and I were bitter enemies back in the day. He was a bully back then, and even though he was close to a full foot bigger than me and probably weighed 100 lbs more (he was a big dude, played football for the high school team), I stood up to him and fought back the best I could. We never came to actual blows, but damn if we didn't try. He would have made me a stain on the sidewalk.

We never patched things up, and I never really had a good thing to say about him... in fact, nobody I went to high school with did. Still, it's very sad, as he was my age and he left behind a wife and several teen-aged kids. It's also scary. It hits close to home.

David, regardless of our past, I hope you have found peace. I'll say a prayer for you and your family.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 05-03-2019 at 12:47 AM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Godfather (05-03-2019), Hal-9000 (05-03-2019), Pony (05-03-2019), RBP (05-03-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (05-03-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    That's sad, leaving behind a family like that. It's an odd feeling when someone you really didn't like, even a total asshole from your past, dies young isn't it...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-03-2019), RBP (05-03-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (05-03-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Second wild day of the last few weeks at the office for me. They shitcanned the big boss of our branch. We're about 35 people in Vancouver, with a much larger head office in Ontario. The highest ranking person of the branch was this Director of Marketing guy who our underwriting managers (including my boss) didn't directly report to but he was still sort of considered everyone's boss if that makes sense. Young-ish guy for his seniority, maybe 45, tall strapping dude that our broker clients all liked. Wasn't a good leader for office though, never really showed up, didn't seem to care about us even though he was the most senior person and the de-facto office runner. More of an old-school, Mad Men type guy who spent his time taking clients for lunch and golfing on the road. Guess head office had enough, VP's flew in and made the surprise announcement today at 10am. It was a weird vibe, some of the staff were holding back smiles because they didn't like how little he did to advocate for us back to head office, whereas others were in tears. Not a great looking firing two staff in the course of a month either after going 7+ years without any drama - but the bottom line is neither were pulling weight so it's a wake-up call for anyone mailing it in.

Interesting for me though... fired guy's boss is Chief of Marketing and probably our next CEO. Pulled me aside for a meeting, asked if I'm ready for more, asked how well I get a long with my current boss (who I really like) and if I thought we could work together and run our entire department. I'm not holding my breath, this guy is a mysterious british dude, very smart and proper, pretty scary but blows smoke often too... anyways it felt promising I think. I'm feeling a tad stagnant in my career at the moment so change is welcome.
    Last edited by Godfather; 05-03-2019 at 02:02 AM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-03-2019), Pony (05-03-2019), RBP (05-03-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (05-03-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Gotta love office politics [/sarcasm]

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Second wild day of the last few weeks at the office for me. They shitcanned the big boss of our branch. We're about 35 people in Vancouver, with a much larger head office in Ontario. The highest ranking person of the branch was this Director of Marketing guy who our underwriting managers (including my boss) didn't directly report to but he was still sort of considered everyone's boss if that makes sense. Young-ish guy for his seniority, maybe 45, tall strapping dude that our broker clients all liked. Wasn't a good leader for office though, never really showed up, didn't seem to care about us even though he was the most senior person and the de-facto office runner. More of an old-school, Mad Men type guy who spent his time taking clients for lunch and golfing on the road. Guess head office had enough, VP's flew in and made the surprise announcement today at 10am. It was a weird vibe, some of the staff were holding back smiles because they didn't like how little he did to advocate for us back to head office, whereas others were in tears. Not a great looking firing two staff in the course of a month either after going 7+ years without any drama - but the bottom line is neither were pulling weight so it's a wake-up call for anyone mailing it in.

Interesting for me though... fired guy's boss is Chief of Marketing and probably our next CEO. Pulled me aside for a meeting, asked if I'm ready for more, asked how well I get a long with my current boss (who I really like) and if I thought we could work together and run our entire department. I'm not holding my breath, this guy is a mysterious british dude, very smart and proper, pretty scary but blows smoke often too... anyways it felt promising I think. I'm feeling a tad stagnant in my career at the moment so change is welcome.
    My gut reaction is he was assessing if he could trust you.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post

Maybe he's MI6 and you're going to be the next 007

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Ok, two cards from Amazon, one a birthday card for my sister and another a mother's day card. They both cost the same amount. One has prime shipping, and the other is an add-on item? And if I don't get $25 in my cart, then I won't get the "add-on" card until after the day I actually need it?

Wow.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Ok, two cards from Amazon, one a birthday card for my sister and another a mother's day card. They both cost the same amount. One has prime shipping, and the other is an add-on item? And if I don't get $25 in my cart, then I won't get the "add-on" card until after the day I actually need it?

Wow.
    The whole 'add on' thing at Amazon is bizarre. There are things we buy for our dogs from Amazon and one item is regular Prime eligible and then something else nearly identical from the same brand/company is an 'add on' item. It makes no sense how they determine that stuff.