Page 2952 of 3670 FirstFirst ... 1952 2452 2852 2902 2942 2950 2951 2952 2953 2954 2962 3002 3052 3452 ... LastLast
Results 44,266 to 44,280 of 55050

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Sounds to me like y'all were a bunch of drinkers and shouldn't have harassed that nice waitress. You came at a bad time!

Sounds horrible Lance and the 'rejected tip' part was the icing on the cake.

You want to really alienate customers? - Don't bring them the regular things that come with meals like sauces etc and make them ask.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (05-15-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Sounds to me like y'all were a bunch of drinkers and shouldn't have harassed that nice waitress. You came at a bad time!

Sounds horrible Lance and the 'rejected tip' part was the icing on the cake.

You want to really alienate customers? - Don't bring them the regular things that come with meals like sauces etc and make them ask.
    Yeah, she turned into a real bitch. She was all about "poor me"

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    I'm reading some of the reviews about the Ruby Tuesday restaurant here on Yelp, and honestly, I can't see how me leaving a review about them not helping out a guy with shellfish allergies is gonna get a positive response with all of the horrible reviews that people have left for this restaurant. There are a few that are whiny nitpicking, but the majority of these are legitimate complaints. Dirty dishes, tables, silverware, long waits, shit on the floor that the servers just leave there even when pointed out, wrong food, moldy shit on the salad bar, shit not cooked... etc etc etc....

I think I'll just let this go.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (05-15-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Yeah, she turned into a real bitch. She was all about "poor me"
    I took my folks out to nice place after finishing paying off a small loan they gave me.

Dad ordered salmon, Mom ordered chicken breasts. They always ordered basic items at restaurants, never anything wild.

Dad didn't finish his salmon, Mom picked at her chicken. There was nothing else on her plate Asked to see a menu again and sure enough she was supposed to get potatoes and veggies, along with a choice of something else. My meal was less than great too.

My folks never complain if you buy them something. Old school manners I think.

Long one short as I was paying I expressed my displeasure to the girl on the way out and she looked at me like a deer in the headlights. No offer of anything or even an I'm sorry.

Driving home I lose my temper and say it was a horrible place, we will never go again etc and finally my Dad says - Yes, I wouldn't spend my money at a place like that.

close as he would come to saying - it fucking really sucked

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-15-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (05-15-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I'm reading some of the reviews about the Ruby Tuesday restaurant here on Yelp, and honestly, I can't see how me leaving a review about them not helping out a guy with shellfish allergies is gonna get a positive response with all of the horrible reviews that people have left for this restaurant. There are a few that are whiny nitpicking, but the majority of these are legitimate complaints. Dirty dishes, tables, silverware, long waits, shit on the floor that the servers just leave there even when pointed out, wrong food, moldy shit on the salad bar, shit not cooked... etc etc etc....

I think I'll just let this go.

I tried a pizza place near me and ran into the same thing. Food looked nothing like the ads online, kid couldn't even work the debit machine when I paid...and I tried their 'signature' pizza and a donair.

Both were almost inedible.

Their site didn't have YELP reviews but they did have google reviews. Lots of them. The average star rating was 1.5

I'm all fired up to leave a bad review and warn people off from the place - Nope, too late. Smarter and more creative people had been there before me writing reviews

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-15-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (05-15-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I took my folks out to nice place after finishing paying off a small loan they gave me.

Dad ordered salmon, Mom ordered chicken breasts. They always ordered basic items at restaurants, never anything wild.

Dad didn't finish his salmon, Mom picked at her chicken. There was nothing else on her plate Asked to see a menu again and sure enough she was supposed to get potatoes and veggies, along with a choice of something else. My meal was less than great too.

My folks never complain if you buy them something. Old school manners I think.

Long one short as I was paying I expressed my displeasure to the girl on the way out and she looked at me like a deer in the headlights. No offer of anything or even an I'm sorry.

Driving home I lose my temper and say it was a horrible place, we will never go again etc and finally my Dad says - Yes, I wouldn't spend my money at a place like that.

close as he would come to saying - it fucking really sucked
    Yeah, I'm one of those people that rarely, if ever, complains. If the food was edible I will eat it. I've heard too many horror stories about sending food back. At the end of the meal when the server asks how everything was, I might say something like, "it was okay" and they will ask what is wrong. And as long as it was decent, I really don't take it further than that. But usually at that point if the server is good and realizes that something wasn't perfect, they are already getting the check reduced, which I will always thank them profusely for and I give them a great tip for the extra service of doing that.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-15-2019), Hal-9000 (05-15-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I really don't want to complain, but I can't help but notice how 15 years ago, restaurants were ready and willing to bend over backwards to get me what I wanted without exposing me to the allergens I was trying to avoid, and now they just don't give a shit any more.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah, I'm one of those people that rarely, if ever, complains. If the food was edible I will eat it. I've had too many horror stories about sending food back. At the end of the meal when the server asks how everything was, I might say something like, "it was okay" and they will ask what is wrong. And as long as it was decent, I really don't take it further than that. But usually at that point if the server is good and realizes that something wasn't perfect, they are already getting the check reduced, which I will always thank them profusely for and I give them a great tip for the extra service of doing that.
    This same place had four young hot girls in short dresses standing near the front. Not servers or waitresses, just some sort of concierges? ...hospitality persons? ... Walmart Greeters?

I know they worked there because I had to pick the most intelligent looking one on the way out so I could complain. She really didn't know what to say or how to handle it so I left.

Do you guys have Phil's pancake houses down there? If not they're kind of like Denny's. Old school menu items and decor.

My Dad would take me and my Mom there and in over 30 years we've never had a bad meal. They've never forgotten an item and we've never waited for menus or items no matter how busy they are.

I'm beginning to see why my Dad liked it so much (I snobbily used to think it was a 'ghetto place' and embarrassing to visit)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I really don't want to complain, but I can't help but notice how 15 years ago, restaurants were ready and willing to bend over backwards to get me what I wanted without exposing me to the allergens I was trying to avoid, and now they just don't give a shit any more.
    That's weird because up here in recent years the restaurants are almost overly sensitive to people with allergies/specific food needs.(which they should be)

The social media aspect helps with that I think because they don't want any bad press if someone gets sick or has a reaction.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    That's weird because up here in recent years the restaurants are almost overly sensitive to people with allergies/specific food needs.(which they should be)

The social media aspect helps with that I think because they don't want any bad press if someone gets sick or has a reaction.
    I think part of the problem with the food allergies issue, at least here in the States, is that there are so many pompous 'self-diagnosed' people who claim to have this whole laundry list of allergies and expect the restaurant to cater to their every specific request. It's ruined it for people with actual food allergies.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    This same place had four young hot girls in short dresses standing near the front. Not servers or waitresses, just some sort of concierges? ...hospitality persons? ... Walmart Greeters?

I know they worked there because I had to pick the most intelligent looking one on the way out so I could complain. She really didn't know what to say or how to handle it so I left.

Do you guys have Phil's pancake houses down there? If not they're kind of like Denny's. Old school menu items and decor.

My Dad would take me and my Mom there and in over 30 years we've never had a bad meal. They've never forgotten an item and we've never waited for menus or items no matter how busy they are.

I'm beginning to see why my Dad liked it so much (I snobbily used to think it was a 'ghetto place' and embarrassing to visit)
    Nope, no Phil's down here, but I know what you mean about those kinds of places. Sadly they are becoming the exception rather than the rule when it comes to going out to eat.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (05-15-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I think part of the problem with the food allergies issue, at least here in the States, is that there are so many pompous 'self-diagnosed' people who claim to have this whole laundry list of allergies and expect the restaurant to cater to their every specific request. It's ruined it for people with actual food allergies.
    I think our country is a fairly leftist sort of environment due to all of the immigration and I guess our heritage and reputation of being polite and accommodating.

Meaning certain industries like food service have really had to adapt to ensure they don't get bad press. Hard to put in words but it does feel like a movement, rather than something restaurants should be practicing anyway.

Just try to sneak a little pork into a Muslim person's food and then buckle down for the ensuing jihad

that was mean, sorry

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah, there aren't nearly as many people that are sincerely allergic to gluten as there are people who claim they are, but lo and behold! Every restaurant has gluten-free options on their menus!

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah, there aren't nearly as many people that are sincerely allergic to gluten as there are people who claim they are, but lo and behold! Every restaurant has gluten-free options on their menus!

It's these kinds of people...I mean seriously, if you are REALLY allergic to all that shit, maybe you shouldn't be going out to eat at all. Expecting a restaurant/kitchen staff to cater to that kinda crap is way over the top and if you expect that, then you're an asshole.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-15-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    So you have the shellfish allergy?

Up here that's pretty common along with the peanut allergy. Not sure why places would have issues understanding it.
    Unless you keep going to Sam's Shellfish Hideaway for dinner

Seriously...we had a kid up here go into anaphylactic shock and it made the local news. He had the peanut allergy and got the reaction from a food you'd never think would come close to peanuts. Something like salad or another side dish.
    Last edited by Hal-9000; 05-15-2019 at 03:54 PM. Reason: grammar allergy

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-15-2019)