Page 2959 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 1959 2459 2859 2909 2949 2957 2958 2959 2960 2961 2969 3009 3059 3459 ... LastLast
Results 44,371 to 44,385 of 55058

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,843 Times in 8,181 Posts
    It continues. I get referred for physio and my guy is about 6'2'', totally buff and bald. He introduces himself and says - Hey, I'm Damien Wild and I'll be helping you.

Me - Damien Wild?? No way, so what is your other stripper name?

More nearby patients laughing in other beds and this huge guy has to sit down while he facepalms and laughs his ass off

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Sometimes on redditt I wish I could get my hands around the throats of some of these people mid type.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-21-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (05-21-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Sometimes on redditt I wish I could get my hands around the throats of some of these people mid type.
    I pretty much loathe Reddit

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Muddy (05-23-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Really good source of smut; really bad source of political and social information.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Muddy (05-23-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    I'm not going to change your mind, but there's a stark contrast between the 'Front Page' that most people's reddit experience is based on, and the niche subreddits. The algorithms and administration of the overall front page is hard left (although The_Donald is always on the front page now too), and they've done some shady shit to steer the general direction of discussions, so I can't defend them as a company. I'd entirely stay off their political and news subs as they're just echo chambers too...

I will say though, there are some really cool subreddits all lumped together on one website that can be extremely handy (versus subscribing to many various forums for example). You can highly customize your own splash page to only see the subs that you like. The Watches subreddit is fantastic, there are some good cooking and grilling subs, the legal advice sub has helped me a few times, the Canucks subreddit is hilarious and has decent commentary, my wife likes the make-up and fashion subs, my brother loves the fishing subs, etc. Personally I hate YouTube's recommended videos these days so much, I heavily rely on /r/videos to find new and interesting channels because it's got better quality control than whatever the fuck goes into Youtube's 'trending' bullshit tabs. There's a subs for really any hobby or special interest you might have, and a lot of good people. Not to mention the A++ smut like RBP pointed out It's an ugly UI though so even knowing there are some great small communities I can still see why some people hate it.
    Last edited by Godfather; 05-22-2019 at 01:22 AM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-22-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (05-22-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    I'm not going to change your mind, but there's a stark contrast between the 'Front Page' that most people's reddit experience is based on, and the niche subreddits. The algorithms and administration of the overall front page is hard left (although The_Donald is always on the front page now too), and they've done some shady shit to steer the general direction of discussions, so I can't defend them as a company. I'd entirely stay off their political and news subs as they're just echo chambers too...

I will say though, there are some really cool subreddits all lumped together on one website that can be extremely handy (versus subscribing to many various forums for example). You can highly customize your own splash page to only see the subs that you like. The Watches subreddit is fantastic, there are some good cooking and grilling subs, the legal advice sub has helped me a few times, the Canucks subreddit is hilarious and has decent commentary, my wife likes the make-up and fashion subs, my brother loves the fishing subs, etc. Personally I hate YouTube's recommended videos these days so much, I heavily rely on /r/videos to find new and interesting channels because it's got better quality control than whatever the fuck goes into Youtube's 'trending' bullshit tabs. There's a subs for really any hobby or special interest you might have, and a lot of good people. Not to mention the A++ smut like RBP pointed out It's an ugly UI though so even knowing there are some great small communities I can still see why some people hate it.
    My problems with Reddit are many and varied Their shitty UI is the least of the issues, but it definitely is bothersome, considering how big an entity they are and they do nothing to improve it. From my, albeit limited, interactions on Reditt, I find the people there arrogant, full of themselves, and a lot of those sub-reddits I found where I might be interested in some of their stuff are run like a Nazi internment camp. Fall in line or get booted. There is one (sub-reddit) for a TV show that I enjoy and wanted to read up on the comments and add my 2 cents here and there until I found out that it's not allowed to be critical of the show in your posts. Huh? And the politics on that site lean soooooo far left that I'm surprised they don't tip over. And from several sub-reddits I have looked into, that ideology permeates the whole site, excpet for maybe that 'The_Donald' one, which I have no desire to be a part of. To me, a lot of posters there take themselves way too seriously and a lot of them are combative if you don't believe what they are preaching. For an 'all inclusive' kinda site, they sure do have a very narrow view on lots of things. Not to mention that hals the shit posted on there I think is made up just so some 'redditor' (they have their own name for being a poster there, not conceited at all )can get their 15 minutes of fame because now news sites runs actual stories on some of the BS posted on some of those sub-reddits.

As for smut, there plenty of that on the world wibe interwebz, I don't need Reddit for that But hey, whatever people like, they like, and it's not my position to change that, but I'm not going to think less of anyone that likes going there (okay, well maybe I will judge a little bit, to myself ), it's just not for me.

/rant

TL;DR - I don't like Reddit, but 'you do you' in the general sense

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I think this is the first time that I've had my phone paid off and don't have the desire to upgrade. My S8 still runs like a top and it just might be the best phone I've ever had, no real desire (or need) to upgrade to a new on e at this point.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I think this is the first time that I've had my phone paid off and don't have the desire to upgrade. My S8 still runs like a top and it just might be the best phone I've ever had, no real desire (or need) to upgrade to a new on e at this point.
    Decreasing phone sales may indicate a lot of people have reached that point. Diminishing returns.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (05-22-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Decreasing phone sales may indicate a lot of people have reached that point. Diminishing returns.
    Yeah, I mean there's nothing really I can gain by upgrading that would justify the expense. Maybe the new phone would be a little faster? But it wouldn't be enough to make it worth it. My phone does everything I need/want it to do just fine.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-22-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Sharif don't like it
    Rockin' the Casbah
    Rock the Casbah
    Sharif don't like it
    Rockin' the Casbah
    Rock the Casbah

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    S7 edge over here.. same feeling

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-23-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Same here... phone is 2.5 years old, contract was up in September. The battery life is getting bad but nothing released in the last year or so has me itching to upgrade... Going to give it another 6 months to see what else comes out.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-23-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Same here... phone is 2.5 years old, contract was up in September. The battery life is getting bad but nothing released in the last year or so has me itching to upgrade... Going to give it another 6 months to see what else comes out.
    So far, I love my Mophie battery case. First full test is on 2 AMZL routes today. Going to see if I can only charge between routes.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Battery in my phone is pretty decent still. Goes down faster than it used to, especially with heavy usage, but I have chargers everywhere whether at work, home, or in my truck. And if it's just on standby, it goes down faster than it used to, but still will last me at least a full day before it's really low.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-23-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    I still have my S5. Works fine for me, although the battery drains faster than it used to.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.