Page 2965 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 1965 2465 2865 2915 2955 2963 2964 2965 2966 2967 2975 3015 3065 3465 ... LastLast
Results 44,461 to 44,475 of 55059

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Reading about the Virginia Beach shooting and there's been 150 mass shootings during the past 151 days in America?

that can't be right
    It's not.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-03-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    fuck this shit I'm going to subscribe to a cryptids news feed rather than regular news

too much for a Monday morning

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Imgur isn't posting properly again and I can barely sit here...gotta go

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Have you noticed that the shooting in Virginia Beach has pretty much dropped out of the news cycle a;ready even though 12 people were shot and killed? I wonder if that has anything to do with the shooter being a black man using a handgun instead of an "angry white Trump supporter with an AR-15"?

Nah, that can't be it......

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Have you noticed that the shooting in Virginia Beach has pretty much dropped out of the news cycle a;ready even though 12 people were shot and killed? I wonder if that has anything to do with the shooter being a black man using a handgun instead of an "angry white Trump supporter with an AR-15"?

Nah, that can't be it......

Its still rotating pretty heavy around here obviously.. It appears the guy lost his mental shit or something.. He was an American engineer.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (06-03-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Its still rotating pretty heavy around here obviously.. It appears the guy lost his mental shit or something.. He was an American engineer.
    Yeah, I would expect it to be big there being local and all, but as far as here and on national stuff I've seen, it's dropping off fast.

From what I've seen he's black, a registered democrat, and I've seen reports that he was also a Muslim (not the bad kind, just that was his religion). So none of that fits the narrative.

It's the same as the kids here that shot up the school. That story is gone even from the local news and that was only a month ago, because it was "troubled" kids and one was transgendered.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Yeah, I would expect it to be big there being local and all, but as far as here and on national stuff I've seen, it's dropping off fast.

From what I've seen he's black, a registered democrat, and I've seen reports that he was also a Muslim (not the bad kind, just that was his religion). So none of that fits the narrative.

It's the same as the kids here that shot up the school. That story is gone even from the local news and that was only a month ago, because it was "troubled" kids and one was transgendered.
    It wasn't an ideologically motivated shooting. Perhaps there is no fear of a follow up or more of them, so people aren't so interested.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    A bunch of people came to the house. In the middle of the conversations they all agreed that I look no older than 25.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    A bunch of people came to the house. In the middle of the conversations they all agreed that I look no older than 25.
    In dog years?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (06-03-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    It wasn't an ideologically motivated shooting. Perhaps there is no fear of a follow up or more of them, so people aren't so interested.
    No, the anti-gun narrative in this country is that there's a MAGA hat wearing, NRA supporting, racist, angry, male, white man with an AR-15 just ready to snap and massacre a bunch of people for no reason. If that isn't the case, the media drops the story because they aren't going to demonize anyone that doesn't fit that description. Whereas if they were REALLY anti-gun and it was all about the safety of people, EVERY shooting would be major national news and would be a call to arms to ban firearms from private possession. Notice how all the shootings in Chicago aren't part of the drum beating? That's because it's black on black (for the most part) and that's not the "right story" for the news media or anti-gun politicians.

And your theory about the shootings not being idealogical is wrong, because the kids that shot up the school here a month ago were/are the prototypical loner kids with an axe to grind because they are "different" and "don't fit in" and that's what most of the school shootings in this country are a pattern of. So there is no reason for that story to have faded from the news so quickly other than the fact that it doesn't fit the 'scary racist angry white man with his assault weapon' narrative.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Man that's really great and I'm happy for you.. I hope you enjoy the new gig..!
    Honestly? It's about half the money but then I am only working 8 months. My stress levels and wear and tear on my body are way lower, I'm much happier. Once I sell my house in town and get out from that $1400 a month burden I'll be in pretty good shape. Summers on the islands, winters mostly with my aunt down south or traveling. Living on the cheap with disposable income. Hopefully by fall my two year "experiment" with life other than the "typical american dream" works out as planned.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-03-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (06-03-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    No, the anti-gun narrative in this country is that there's a MAGA hat wearing, NRA supporting, racist, angry, male, white man with an AR-15 just ready to snap and massacre a bunch of people for no reason. If that isn't the case, the media drops the story because they aren't going to demonize anyone that doesn't fit that description. Whereas if they were REALLY anti-gun and it was all about the safety of people, EVERY shooting would be major national news and would be a call to arms to ban firearms from private possession. Notice how all the shootings in Chicago aren't part of the drum beating? That's because it's black on black (for the most part) and that's not the "right story" for the news media or anti-gun politicians.

And your theory about the shootings not being idealogical is wrong, because the kids that shot up the school here a month ago were/are the prototypical loner kids with an axe to grind because they are "different" and "don't fit in" and that's what most of the school shootings in this country are a pattern of. So there is no reason for that story to have faded from the news so quickly other than the fact that it doesn't fit the 'scary racist angry white man with his assault weapon' narrative.
    I think you're right, in part.

I can keep finding justifications - for example school shootings get more coverage because children are involved. But I do acknowledge that if someone more right-wingish ( whatever that is ) starts killing people it *can* get more coverage than it deserves. I just don't think it's as one-sided as you think. This shooting was on my news feed, as well.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    Honestly? It's about half the money but then I am only working 8 months. My stress levels and wear and tear on my body are way lower, I'm much happier. Once I sell my house in town and get out from that $1400 a month burden I'll be in pretty good shape. Summers on the islands, winters mostly with my aunt down south or traveling. Living on the cheap with disposable income. Hopefully by fall my two year "experiment" with life other than the "typical american dream" works out as planned.
    Did you say you're selling up your house? Interesting move. I dug in and paid off my first mortgage while I was young, but this was a year 1999 purchase and I lost a few years eating rice and beans, so to speak. I wouldn't go through it again with the current house prices!

However, it lined my up for my second house. I can basically live off the rent and travel if I wanted. I could make more money, but
    I am afraid to sell it and put my cash into shit that can disappear. There's something about bricks and mortar...
    Last edited by lost in melb.; 06-03-2019 at 08:32 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Did you say you're selling up your house? Interesting move. I dug in and paid off my first mortgage while I was young, but this was a year 1999 purchase and I lost a few years eating rice and beans, so to speak. I wouldn't go through it again with the current house prices!

However, it lined my up for my second house. I can basically live off the rent and travel if I wanted. I could make more money, but
    I am afraid to sell it and put my cash into shit that can disappear. There's something about bricks and mortar...
    Yea, I bought around the same time, current value is right about what I paid for it after 20 years of mortgage payments.

Renting isn't a good option for me considering rates in the ares are only about $200 above my payment. After taxes etc I'd be lucky to break even and with an aging roof and furnace it's not a good gamble. I need to be out before the next election cycle in case the market tanks.

Problem right now is I'm spending so much time on the islands working to sock away enough for winter I can't be home to finish the house and sell everything. Currently juggling a lot. Tis why I'm not around as much as I was.