Page 3025 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 2025 2525 2925 2975 3015 3023 3024 3025 3026 3027 3035 3075 3125 3525 ... LastLast
Results 45,361 to 45,375 of 55058

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,556 Times in 5,208 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    Disney released their bundle pricing: $12.99 per month for Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+. Individually, they would cost $5.99/month for Hulu and $4.99/month for Disney+ and ESPN+ each. Disney+ is gonna have Disney Pictures, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars/Lucasfilm, 20th Century Fox, National Geographic, and additional original content. I'm not sure what that additional OC stuff is gonna be.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,923 Times in 6,613 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Disney released their bundle pricing: $12.99 per month for Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+. Individually, they would cost $5.99/month for Hulu and $4.99/month for Disney+ and ESPN+ each. Disney+ is gonna have Disney Pictures, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars/Lucasfilm, 20th Century Fox, National Geographic, and additional original content. I'm not sure what that additional OC stuff is gonna be.
    So if I want to bundle it Ill have to have ESPN too?

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,091 Times in 59,905 Posts
    Yeah, I saw that earlier today. I hope they do other bundles instead of just what they've listed. I already subscribe to Hulu with no commercials and I don't want or need ESPN+ so I'll have to see what they offer.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It looks like ESPN+ sucks.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,923 Times in 6,613 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Yeah, I saw that earlier today. I hope they do other bundles instead of just what they've listed. I already subscribe to Hulu with no commercials and I don't want or need ESPN+ so I'll have to see what they offer.
    Same but I have a bad feeling Disney is going to use that to screw over the consumer.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    ESPN+ has nothing with respect to the big 4 on it, from what I'm reading. Why bother?

If they had Hulu and Disney+ in a package, I might go for that.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    They're making a really hard push for red flag laws and gun bans. This is gonna be bad.
    Me and my boss were talking about this yesterday, especially since they are saying that the Colorado law might be the blueprint for a national law. We're more than likely going to end up with something because of all of this, whether we want it or not. So, we were discussing that if they are going to push a national red flag law, then they need to write it so there are safeguards in place for gun owners. Such as, if a person files a 'complaint' under the red flag law, then there needs to be repercussions if the complaint wasn't filed in good faith. Starting with a minimum penalty of filing a false police report as a first offense and then steadily getting worse if you keep doing it.

The biggest issue with a vaguely written red flag bill is that it can easily be abused, especially if you are allowed to file the complaint anonymously. Know someone that has weapons that you don't like? Call in a fake red flag complaint against them and the cops will show up and take his guns and then he's the one that needs to prove he's not guilty of anything. Whereas if you have to file a report and give your personal information and then YOU face legal issues if the complaint was filed in bad faith, then at least you (the gun owner) know that you will be safe from 'revenge' calls from people that don't like you.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Me and my boss were talking about this yesterday, especially since they are saying that the Colorado law might be the blueprint for a national law. We're more than likely going to end up with something because of all of this, whether we want it or not. So, we were discussing that if they are going to push a national red flag law, then they need to write it so there are safeguards in place for gun owners. Such as, if a person files a 'complaint' under the red flag law, then there needs to be repercussions if the complaint wasn't filed in good faith. Starting with a minimum penalty of filing a false police report as a first offense and then steadily getting worse if you keep doing it.

The biggest issue with a vaguely written red flag bill is that it can easily be abused, especially if you are allowed to file the complaint anonymously. Know someone that has weapons that you don't like? Call in a fake red flag complaint against them and the cops will show up and take his guns and then he's the one that needs to prove he's not guilty of anything. Whereas if you have to file a report and give your personal information and then YOU face legal issues if the complaint was filed in bad faith, then at least you (the gun owner) know that you will be safe from 'revenge' calls from people that don't like you.
    Yeah, but we all know that it's not going to be 'the best case scenario out of a bad situation' kinda deal.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fricnjay View Post
    Same but I have a bad feeling Disney is going to use that to screw over the consumer.
    ESPN+ has nothing with respect to the big 4 on it, from what I'm reading. Why bother?

If they had Hulu and Disney+ in a package, I might go for that.
    Yup, nobody is going to want ESPN+ just the Disney+ and Hulu combo, so of course they won't offer that one.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (08-07-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    My personal opinion, and I know a lot of people think I'm going to extremes with respect to this, but if there were no such things as gun free zones then there would be no soft targets in the minds of the people responsible for these kinds of crimes. That's what they look for: soft targets. Gun free zones tell psychos "Look! A bunch of unarmed people all in one place! Easy pickins!" Repeal all gun laws, pass a national constitutional conceal carry law and when somebody does come out of the woodwork looking for carnage, after the initial assault, the people in the situation turn on the shooter, draw, and make him Swiss cheese. Arm teachers in schools, for those that don't mind being armed. I do appreciate the fact that some just won't want to be armed, and no one should be forced to carry a firearm if they don't want to. Place armed security guards in schools. We've got armed security guards in banks protecting our money, why the hell not in schools protecting our kids? Kids are more important than money, aren't they? And forbid the media from focusing on the shooters. Don't let them become famous. Most of them want to go out in a blaze of glory. They want to be remembered. They want to be infamous. Don't give it to them. And beef up our mental health laws to get kids help when they obviously need it. A lot of these shooters needed help and they were ignored.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

KevinD (08-09-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yup, nobody is going to want ESPN+ just the Disney+ and Hulu combo, so of course they won't offer that one.
    https://preview.disneyplus.com

Here's the website, give a little more detail about what they will offer in the way of content.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    How is it only Wednesday?

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Well today was interesting.

One of my closest friends G is getting married. He's been with his fiance for about 8 years now. They're due to have a very expensive wedding (that they can't really afford) in 3 weeks. My wife just got back from the bachelorette party for the bride in Portland on Sunday, pricey little trip. Us guys have a bachelor party planned for our friend G in two weeks... there are a dozen guys coming, some from as far as Hong Kong and Denmark. This couple has always seemed solid. My friend G is a stand-up dude, the friend who is always there for everyone, always a voice of reason, just an all around stand-up human. The girl... eh I like her, but she's complicated. She was a nightmare on the stag with my wife, total drama queen, and called her fiance about 6 times a day, even going home early twice from the activities they'd planned because 'social anxiety.' But it's always been like that, we figured maybe they just even each other out (despite quietly wondering why such our rock-solid friend would be with a delicate, sickly person). We saw our buddy this weekend though, and didn't get any hints there was a problem whatsoever.

Well something snapped. We all get an email out of the blue today saying the wedding is off. I'm stunned. Nobody has got a full story. Being so close to the wedding I'm sure they've lost thousands of dollars in deposits. We also have a very expensive deposit paid on a house we rented in the US for this stag party in two weeks, and people have flights booked in from around the world to surprise him for it. I guess we'll just go anyways?

I'm not even sure what to say to my buddy, other than I'm here to talk if he wants. All of our friends are floored because we see them weekly and nobody had a clue.

Well, better now than a divorce. Pretty crazy though, first time this has happened to a friend I'm close with.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

KevinD (08-09-2019), Pony (08-08-2019), RBP (08-10-2019), richard3280 (08-08-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (08-08-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    She sounds a bit smothering. Maybe there's a trust issue? If I was dating somebody and she became like that, I'd dump her. But that's just me.

Definitely be there for your boy, if he needs you. Other than that, make the best out of a bad situation? Go to where ever it was you were gonna go for the stag in the first place and party with your friends.

Maybe they'll reconcile in between now and 2 weeks. Maybe not. But hell, you don't really need a reason to party, now do you?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Godfather (08-08-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (08-08-2019)