Page 3122 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 2122 2622 3022 3072 3112 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3132 3172 3222 3622 ... LastLast
Results 46,816 to 46,830 of 55052

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Yes, but they're (the MSM) are dictating what the public is hearing on the news.
    Right, and that affects public sentiment and elections..

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

Pony (01-28-2020), RBP (01-28-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (01-28-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts

Here I am lamenting that the new place is located in an area that seems to be completely devoid of animals, and there's a fucking bobcat in my neighbor's backyard last week.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (01-29-2020), RBP (01-28-2020)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    I'm reckless and feelin' no pain
    You know I've got no need to control
    Livin' with the danger
    I'm always on the edge now
    With million dollar visions that I hold
    Livin' like this never ever tore my life apart
    I know how to maintain and you know I know my part

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    We're sponsoring one of our client's conferences and agreed to it months ago. The Director of our office and other managers are all out of town that week and it's my client anyways so I was supposed to go and we just had a 5-minute slot to play a little video and sponsor their lunch or whatever.

They call me Monday and go guess what - we're now giving you a half hour to talk because our team wants to hear more from our markets. My boss is like well I guess you're the one presenting Fuck me. I don't mind public speaking, but a little more than 4 days notice to prep a slide show and practice would've been fucking nice.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (01-30-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    We're sponsoring one of our client's conferences and agreed to it months ago. The Director of our office and other managers are all out of town that week and it's my client anyways so I was supposed to go and we just had a 5-minute slot to play a little video and sponsor their lunch or whatever.

They call me Monday and go guess what - we're now giving you a half hour to talk because our team wants to hear more from our markets. My boss is like well I guess you're the one presenting Fuck me. I don't mind public speaking, but a little more than 4 days notice to prep a slide show and practice would've been fucking nice.
    They're all going to be watching you and dissecting every word you say

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Nail in my hand
    From my creator
    You gave me life
    Now, show me how to live

God, I miss Chris.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    I don't understand how the world works now. I really don't. There doesn't seem to be a consistent set of rules, mores, standards that drive behavior. Nothing makes sense to me.

People NCNS for interviews, even first days of new jobs. Just call and say you changed your mind. Jesus fuck.
    I went to meet coworkers at their hotel during the free food and cocktails for guests. I'm not a guest, I shouldn't just steal free food nor drinks, but they didn't see it that way.
    The desk clerk was kind enough to find me a battery I needed. I later went to the store, replaced the battery, and gave her an extra to pay it forward. She acted like I was insane.
    We all read the stories and wonder what the fuck is going on with society, do we not?

Maybe I'm just old, but there are rules. Or at least there used to be and should be. Otherwise, there's nothing.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (01-31-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Elizabeth Warren is insane.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (01-31-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    I don't understand how the world works now. I really don't. There doesn't seem to be a consistent set of rules, mores, standards that drive behavior. Nothing makes sense to me.

People NCNS for interviews, even first days of new jobs. Just call and say you changed your mind. Jesus fuck.
    I went to meet coworkers at their hotel during the free food and cocktails for guests. I'm not a guest, I shouldn't just steal free food nor drinks, but they didn't see it that way.
    The desk clerk was kind enough to find me a battery I needed. I later went to the store, replaced the battery, and gave her an extra to pay it forward. She acted like I was insane.
    We all read the stories and wonder what the fuck is going on with society, do we not?

Maybe I'm just old, but there are rules. Or at least there used to be and should be. Otherwise, there's nothing.
    I have a response to this, but I don't think many people would want to read it.

Is pathological lying clinically recognized as insanity?

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I have a response to this, but I don't think many people would want to read it.

Is pathological lying clinically recognized as insanity?
    I want to read it! And yes,it is.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I want to read it! And yes,it is.
    Well, it's not a very long theory, but... society: a lot of people are turning their backs on believing in something greater than themselves, something they would have to answer to. In other words, God. Nobody wants to talk about it, but being brought up with a religious background puts morals and principles in your head. Atheists and agnostics would tell you that you could get those morals and principles without a religious upbringing, but look at where we're at. It's obviously not happening. People believe there are no consequences. They're brought up believing that. Now these people are getting elected and passing laws dumbing down the consequences for crime, because they don't believe in anything. Nobody's being taught manners. Nobody's being taught boundaries. Nobody's being taught to respect themselves and others. Because they don't believe there are consequences. They fear nothing.

The NCNS issue is a lack of respect, a lack of appreciation. It's like not sending a thank you card, or at the very least, calling or texting the person who sent you a gift to say thank you for the gift you've received from them. It boils down to manners and entitlement.

The coworkers thing: I don't know. Is it stealing if you're your coworkers' guest? Maybe they view it as them sharing what they've been given with you. If you feel that strongly about it, don't partake. That choice to partake was ultimately yours to begin with, right? Maybe you would feel differently about it if there were servers there that could refuse you, and didn't?

The battery: You are insane. Sure, it was a nice gesture, but wouldn't a tip have been nicer? She went out of her way to serve you. She's in the service industry, so doing that sort of thing is part of her job. Or she may have gone further than she needed to, but maybe she takes pride in going that extra mile while she's working. Or maybe batteries have become standard fare in the service industry nowadays because of technology. As technology changes, so does everything else that the technology permeates.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 01-31-2020 at 06:52 AM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-01-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (01-31-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

We deal with the NCNS bullshit all the time here. We actually have more NCNS's than we do have people that show up for either interviews or the job that they accepted. Three of the last four people that we "hired" never showed up for work or called at the last second and said they changed their mind.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-01-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Are you new here?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Man, my junk mail folder is loaded with political beggars, House and Senate politicians running for reelection. I'm not even sure any of these are legit.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

KevinD (02-01-2020), RBP (02-01-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Are you new here?
    Yes. And you are?