Page 3175 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 2175 2675 3075 3125 3165 3173 3174 3175 3176 3177 3185 3225 3275 ... LastLast
Results 47,611 to 47,625 of 55058

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    Govt: All non essential businesses closed, Stay at home!

Also Govt: Amazon, Walmart, Aldo ETC. are hiring, go get a new job!!

Govt: People over 60 are at high risk!

Also Govt: We need retired people in the medical field to come back to work!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

RBP (04-05-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Tomorrow is my oldest nephew's 21st birthday. If he celebrates it like we all did when we were his age, then he's a fucking moron. I seriously feel bad for him. I'm gonna wish him well, but I'm gonna tell him to be safe.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Godfather (04-06-2020), RBP (04-06-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Tomorrow is my oldest nephew's 21st birthday. If he celebrates it like we all did when we were his age, then he's a fucking moron. I seriously feel bad for him. I'm gonna wish him well, but I'm gonna tell him to be safe.
    That stinks, I'm glad I'm not younger right now, I'm going a bit crazy from lack of seeing friends and coworkers as it is, being 21 or a teen living at home right now would be hard.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-06-2020), RBP (04-06-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (04-06-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah, no shit. His younger brother is a senior in high school and it looks like he's not gonna get to have his final year proper. He's not gonna get to wrestle at the state tournament (cancelled and he was top 3 in his weight class), he's not gonna get his senior class trip, and he's not gonna get his senior prom.

So yeah, they're both getting screwed over. Fuck China.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (04-06-2020), RBP (04-06-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (04-06-2020)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    So whats an acceptable death numbers from a pandemic? And by acceptable, I mean without massive system disruptions. I am sticking my number of 40,000. If it's that or less, we fucked up.
    I would say that number could be even higher and still be acceptable. One of the worst years in recent history for the seasonal flu was just a few years ago (it was either 2016/2017 or 2017/2018, I don't remember now). The CDC (which I discovered doesn't keep actual deaths from the seasonal flu, which was mind boggling, but I guess it's because actual flu deaths aren't reported accurately) said that in the most recent bad year, between 61K and 80K Americans died from the flu. Granted, that's on the high end of seasonal flu deaths, but if this new Kung Flu is sooooooo much deadlier, then I would say that the number of deaths could be double that (up to 160K) and it will look like the government overreacted by destroying the economy. Not to mention the ancillary deaths that still could happen because of the collapse of the economy from the Wu Flu, like suicide from depression, drug addiction and overdose, domestic violence, just to name a few. So yeah, you are possibly saving lives because of the lock down, but how many people is the government killing because of the lockdown?

And one report I saw that granted, was not verified, said that if you die from something that normally would have been listed as natural causes, they are testing these asymptomatic people, and if they come back as positive for the Flu Manchu, that is what they are listing the the CoD as Wu Flu, whether that's what caused the death or not. So does that mean that the death toll is being artificially inflated? I don't know, but if it is, that's wrong, very wrong.

I stand by what I said, the government went way too far.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    I stand by what I said, the government went way too far.
    You're optimistic

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The UK Prime Minister's been moved to intensive care. His condition has worsened.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Godfather (04-06-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks

Stuart Gordon died last month.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    I bought a seed kit for my wife to plant a cactus and a succulent, came with little pots and soil, it was just a stocking stuffer I thought would be cute.

The cactus never sprouted, it's long gone. But this tiny little green thing sprouted in the 'succulent,' so I kept it in my office by the window and watered it weekly.

It's been growing little by little, while my wife insisted it wasn't what was shown on the box and looked more like a weed. My stubborn ass just kept watering it and telling her maybe as it gets bigger it will look better. Finally today I used an App to check what this thing was I've been watering: "Festuca ovina" aka Hard Fescue. I'm growing a single piece of friggin grass Dammit.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-06-2020), Pony (04-07-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (04-06-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    A visionary coward says that anger can be power
    As long as there's a victim on TV

And it's falling all around us
    Is this some kind of joke they're trying to pull on us?
    Falling all around us
    I turned my head off for a while

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    I bought a seed kit for my wife to plant a cactus and a succulent, came with little pots and soil, it was just a stocking stuffer I thought would be cute.

The cactus never sprouted, it's long gone. But this tiny little green thing sprouted in the 'succulent,' so I kept it in my office by the window and watered it weekly.

It's been growing little by little, while my wife insisted it wasn't what was shown on the box and looked more like a weed. My stubborn ass just kept watering it and telling her maybe as it gets bigger it will look better. Finally today I used an App to check what this thing was I've been watering: "Festuca ovina" aka Hard Fescue. I'm growing a single piece of friggin grass Dammit.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-07-2020), Godfather (04-07-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Tried my first grocery pick-up yesterday. I would have done it earlier, but it's been hell trying to schedule a time at Walmart for grocery pick-up, they fill up fast. But was able to secure one yesterday (shopping online Sunday morning). Worked pretty well actually. You do your shopping online, once you pick your pick-up time, you have an hour to checkout or else you lose your slot. You have the option of allowing substitutions on things or to just leave it off if it's out of stock, and you have the option of refusing the substitution at pick-up if you don't want it. Whole thing was free too. When you are on your way to go pick-up, you "check in" on the app and then when you get there, you tell them what spot you're parked in and they bring everything out to you. I was probably only waiting about 5 minutes before they brought my stuff out.

I think I still prefer shopping in person (I do about 99% of the grocery shopping), but in these new times, it worked pretty well. Also signed up with Instacart and have had groceries delivered a few times. Same thing as with Walmart, getting deliver times is hit or miss depending on when you are trying to shop and get things delivered. Not sure if I'll keep Instacart after the pandemic dies down ($9.99/month and you get unlimited free deliveries so long as you hit $35 and you can shop from a bunch of different stores from their app), but for now it works out pretty well, especially since the wife is stuck working from home, so that allows us to be really flexible on when we can have stuff delivered.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (04-07-2020), Muddy (04-07-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I've seen a number of people doing it by my house, Usually at least a few hundred bucks worth of groceries.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Nice one, Lance. Are you avoiding shopping due to the pandemic or just trying a quicker way to do it?

Our home deliveries are saturated here as well.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    I've seen a number of people doing it by my house, Usually at least a few hundred bucks worth of groceries.
    It sure is easy. One problem is though, I tend to be an impulse shopper at the grocery store. I'll go in to shop not really knowing what I'm wanting, so I like to browse. While the list of items available on the app is extensive, it's still not the same as wandering thru the grocery store and stumbling on new things you want to try.

Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Nice one, Lance. Are you avoiding shopping due to the pandemic or just trying a quicker way to do it?

Our home deliveries are saturated here as well.
    Trying to avoid going out to stores as much as I can. There are some things that you need to go buy in person, but as far as grocery shopping, other than what I mentioned above, it can pretty much be done from home and have it delivered or go and pick it up. Not sure if I will keep doing it after the pandemic recedes, but for now it's working out pretty well. Again, the biggest problem is getting delivery or pick-up slots in a timely matter.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (04-07-2020)