Page 3230 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 2230 2730 3130 3180 3220 3228 3229 3230 3231 3232 3240 3280 3330 ... LastLast
Results 48,436 to 48,450 of 55058

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

My phone:

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-19-2020), Muddy (06-19-2020), RBP (06-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    That's better. You seemed way too happy this morning.

My phone:

It's on mine too but turned off. I just got the phone and haven't messed with any of the settings yet.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

RBP (06-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    It's on mine too but turned off. I just got the phone and haven't messed with any of the settings yet.
    It's 'off' on my phone too, only because allegedly it needs a companion app from your local government health department to be active. The things I do not like about it are (A) I never asked for this and never gave the OK for it to download and install on my phone and (B) there is no way to uninstall it.

So my question is, if it's voluntary and you need to "opt in" for it to work, then why was it automatically downloaded onto my phone without my permission? And are we supposed to take both Google's and Apple's (it's on iPhones as well) word that the app isn't doing anything unless you explicitly turn it on? I mean, I'm not much for conspiracy theories, but anything like this should really need your permission to be on your phone, whether it needs some other app to work or not (allegedly).

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

KevinD (06-20-2020), Pony (06-19-2020), RBP (06-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    Agreed. It's probably on page 128 in fine print that "they" still "own" your phone and can do anything they damn well please. Just like Microsoft and Apple.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Trump has cleared up the issue with the ramp, yet again. Thank Christ, because I was really losing sleep over this..

Bender: No, but I watched. It looked like a really nice day.

Trump: Yeah. After the helicopters came over, the hats went up, the general said, Sir, Are you ready? I said, I'm ready. And he led me to a ramp that was long and steep and slippery. And I said, I got a problem because I wear, you know, the leather bottom shoes. I can show them to you if you like. Same pair. And you know what I mean, they're slippery. I like them better than the rubber because they don't catch. So they're better for this. But they're not good for ramps. I said, General, I got a problem here. That ramp is slippery....

So I'm going to go real easy. So I did. And then the last 10 feet I ran down. They always stop it just before I ran, they always stop it. So, I spent three hours between speeches and saluting people and they end up, all they talked about is ramp. ... If you would have seen this ramp, it was like an ice skating rink...

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Trump has cleared up the issue with the ramp, yet again. Thank Christ, because I was really losing sleep over this..
    If you're not losing sleep over it, then why bother commenting on it at all?

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    If you're not losing sleep over it, then why bother commenting on it at all?
    I wanted to share the good news

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    I wanted to share the good news
    How does it feel knowing that a man you despise owns so much real estate in your head free of charge and this man doesn't even know that you exist?

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

KevinD (06-21-2020)

Shelter Dweller In Training Placid's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post

Are you another Aussie? Forgive me if I pegged that wrong.

And I submit to you that sometimes the best leaders are not always the best people. We knew what we were getting when we voted him in. I will paraphrase another poster on this forum: The left wants us to hate the policies because of the man, but we tolerate the man because of his policies.

I don't agree with everything he does, and I wish to hell that we could stop him from tweeting and put a filter on his brain to stop his stream of consciousness press conferences (he's pretty good when he sticks to a script), but for the most part, I think he's done ok. He ran on punishing China, and he has done a pretty good job with making us happy in that respect. I don't believe Bolton when he says that Trump's selling us out to China. In fact, most of the excerpts that I've read makes Bolton look petulant. I'll say it again: I've been watching Bolton for a long time. He's a warhawk Neocon and while he was in Trump's administration, he called for war on several occasion, and Trump ran on stopping unnecessary wars and bringing our troops home. Trump fired him and Bolton's been screaming to high heaven cursing Trump's name ever since. I've watched him do it on Fox News before Fox News dropped him, and he's doing it again with this book.

If you want to know who's really been selling us out to foreign countries, I'll throw you out some names: Biden, Pelosi, Romney, Schumer, Warren. Romney really disappoints me, because I've backed him in the past. But he's a politician first and he plays the game well. They all do. You know who doesn't play the political game well? Trump. He's not part of the system and that's why everybody hates him. And that's exactly why he's going to win again in November.

Do you know who else is really good at the political game? Bolton.

Fair comments but in all fairness, do you really not put any credence in all those that have written these books. So far I have read 5 books about the man with only one being nothing but compliments, 1 was about equal good and bad about him but another was quite frightening if assumed it is true.

It is difficult to accept anyone who resorts to name calling and has so many 'about faces' on previous comments of people. Praising no end when they support him and calling them whackos etc... when they don't agree with him.

I want to believe him now because he controls so much and it would be absolutely terrifying for everyone if he is what he is being portrayed as.

What I am thinking at this very moment is there's a lot to be said that there are so many critics and so few praisers..... but history will tell a better story in 10-15 years than we are getting now.

I may have a thought about something totally irrelevant tomorrow..... (different subject)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Placid View Post
    Fair comments but in all fairness, do you really not put any credence in all those that have written these books. So far I have read 5 books about the man with only one being nothing but compliments, 1 was about equal good and bad about him but another was quite frightening if assumed it is true.

It is difficult to accept anyone who resorts to name calling and has so many 'about faces' on previous comments of people. Praising no end when they support him and calling them whackos etc... when they don't agree with him.

I want to believe him now because he controls so much and it would be absolutely terrifying for everyone if he is what he is being portrayed as.

What I am thinking at this very moment is there's a lot to be said that there are so many critics and so few praisers..... but history will tell a better story in 10-15 years than we are getting now.

I may have a thought about something totally irrelevant tomorrow..... (different subject)
    These books? So far we've only been talking about 1, and you already know my thoughts on Bolton. Now you're mentioning 5 unnamed books by unnamed authors that I probably haven't even read and you're asking me to lend credence to them? What are the titles of the books? Who are the authors? What did they say and what scared you so much about them? If I know who the authors are, I might not have to read the books.

You've gotta understand, I'm watching you play your hand now. You're looking a lot like a Progressive to me. What you say scares you might be heaven to a conservative/libertarian/constitutionalist like me.

Fair point about the about face, but I'd hate to break it to you, that's Washington DC. All politicians only praise those that give them what they want and then bury the same people when they don't. Seriously, they all do it. They've been doing it forever. DC's a viper pit. I'm not kidding. It is a soulless viper pit. Keep your eyes open and take notes on all of the Representatives and Senators in Congress. I guarantee you, you will see them do it, and twenty times over. Former FBI director Jim Comey is a prime example. Every Democrat was praising his name when he was working under Obama. When he opened the email investigation into Hillary Clinton, everybody in blue turned on him and Comey was the biggest piece of shit the Democrats had ever seen. When Comey came out and said Clinton wasn't being charged with anything (which was a crock of shit, by the way), then Comey was back in the Dem's good graces again. The only reason you're seeing Trump doing this is because that's who the media focuses on. If the very same microscope that's on Trump was on every Representative and Senator in Congress, you would have nightmares for the rest of your life. The media picks sides. Keep that in mind.

What do you think Trump controls? What exactly do you know about the US's system of government? I think you might be due for a tutorial. Trump might be the chief executive, but keep in mind, this country has no king, and our system of government is set up so that it never will. The power in this nation lies with Congress. But if you want to go a little further, the real power in this nation lies with the citizens. Full stop.

What Trump is and what he's portrayed as are two entirely different things. You seem to be getting your impressions from a lot of media types. Be careful about that. Did those same media types portray Obama as a devil or an angel? Wanna know how I look at Obama? It's not very good.

Or maybe you're getting your impressions from Trump's political rivals? Not very trustworthy sources. And it's nothing new. Sullying your political rival's name has been going on since the very first Presidential election. The junk that John Adams and Thomas Jefferson said about each other during their campaigns was horrible and legendary. The difference today is that the mainstream media is picking sides. They side with the Democrats. And we all know they're full of shit. The political game never ends. The Democrats have nothing nice to say about Trump, and it's not because he's a bad guy. He could be the nicest guy in the world and they would still lie and call him the devil. It's because they want to win the next election. Some of those aforementioned unnamed authors probably are trying to help them.

I don't know what critics you're talking about, but if you name them, maybe I can give you a line on what I think of them. History may be the best judge, if people write the history books fairly, with an unbiased pen. There's not a whole lot of that going around lately.

You know, if you look at history, we've had several Presidents that would be considered worse, behavior wise, then Trump. I'm not kidding. The world survived them, it'll survive Trump.

You never answered my question about where you're from.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 06-20-2020 at 11:08 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

KevinD (06-21-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
    Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
    Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
    Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
    Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
    Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
    Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
    That gets me hooked on a feeling.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (06-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Wife and kid are going to a baby shower later, will have the place to myself for a few hours today.