Page 3320 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 2320 2820 3220 3270 3310 3318 3319 3320 3321 3322 3330 3370 3420 ... LastLast
Results 49,786 to 49,800 of 55060

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Ok, so it kind of pertains to a privately own community. Everything is public here so your local council take care of that sort of stuff, although residents are (by and large) responsible for the lawn strips outside the front of houses. It's a grey area.

Yep, there's always one loudmouthed do-gooder. Hopefully her energy can be directed towards something useful!
    It's kinda weird, because where I'm at, our HOA is really lax, but there are two other developments with HOAs that force their residents to do shit like eat at a restaurant inside their development twice a month, which I would be all like, "Go fuck yourself, man" if they tried to pull that horseshit on me. Several years ago, one of the restaurants fired its entire staff, and they brought in a guy claiming to be a cook, but all he knew how to do was make hot dogs, so the residents had to buy an $8 hot dog twice a month as per their by-laws. That shit only lasted for like 4 months, but it was funny as hell.

And as for the do-gooder, she's an old lady retiree that has nothing better to do. She ain't gonna do anything useful. Like I said, she's from Jersey. I grew up in Jersey, I know how Jersey people are. She just needs to get a hobby and mind her own business. People around here are gonna end up shooting her if she isn't careful. And there's a big-ass swamp not that far away. I'm sure they've got bodies in that swamp, and could probably hide a bunch more.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,772 Times in 4,011 Posts
    We call HOA's Strata corporations or condominium corporations here. I'm not sure if you have those too?

Stratas or Condos are their own legal entity owned by the unit owners collectively that set bylaws and pay utilities. Usually they exist to own residential high-rises or townhouses - apartment style buildings where you own your own unit (or the air inside the walls basically), and the strata/condo owns the building which the owners collectively run to maintain it, pay insurance, etc. They can be a nightmare when they're run by Karen's who love making rules...

Occasionally these Stratas/Condos are set up for detached home developments, and in those cases they just own the land, while the individuals own the homes that sit on them (the actual building itself, but not the lawns, roads, driveway, etc). That sounds more like what I understand HOA's to be. But they're pretty rare here. Usually detached homes are not on HOA's and just adhere to local municipal bylaws.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (11-28-2020), FBD (11-28-2020)

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    back when I had my condo my HOA called and bitched at me for a coffee can on my back porch....but then again, there was some bitchy old bat that lived 4-5 down from me that was on the board of the HOA and she literally had nothing better to do than walk around the grounds to find things to bitch at people about. that cunt should have been in the over 55 condos where everyone is like that.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    back when I had my condo my HOA called and bitched at me for a coffee can on my back porch....but then again, there was some bitchy old bat that lived 4-5 down from me that was on the board of the HOA and she literally had nothing better to do than walk around the grounds to find things to bitch at people about. that cunt should have been in the over 55 condos where everyone is like that.
    Yeah, I think everybody on my HOA board works 9-to-5 jobs and has families to take care of.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (11-28-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks

I'm sorry, hun. That wasn't an American phone number you gave me. There's 5 too many digits that I have no idea what to do with. No wonder why your company's in bankruptcy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,563 Times in 5,213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    It's kinda weird, because where I'm at, our HOA is really lax, but there are two other developments with HOAs that force their residents to do shit like eat at a restaurant inside their development twice a month, which I would be all like, "Go fuck yourself, man" if they tried to pull that horseshit on me. Several years ago, one of the restaurants fired its entire staff, and they brought in a guy claiming to be a cook, but all he knew how to do was make hot dogs, so the residents had to buy an $8 hot dog twice a month as per their by-laws. That shit only lasted for like 4 months, but it was funny as hell.

And as for the do-gooder, she's an old lady retiree that has nothing better to do. She ain't gonna do anything useful. Like I said, she's from Jersey. I grew up in Jersey, I know how Jersey people are. She just needs to get a hobby and mind her own business. People around here are gonna end up shooting her if she isn't careful. And there's a big-ass swamp not that far away. I'm sure they've got bodies in that swamp, and could probably hide a bunch more.
    Oh man, that is ridiculous. And un-american! what happened to competition and Darwinism?

Somebody just needs to feed her the right kind of mushrooms, and she'll go all dopey and submissive

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    you mean go all liberal?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

FBD (11-29-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,563 Times in 5,213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    you mean go all liberal?
    I'm not sure why you would associate being liberal with forcing people to eat at a restaurant?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Oh man, that is ridiculous. And un-american! what happened to competition and Darwinism?

Somebody just needs to feed her the right kind of mushrooms, and she'll go all dopey and submissive
    It's just an agreement that's made upfront. A choice you make. If you want to live in the development and don't mind having to go out to the development's restaurant twice a month (provided you can get good food for your money), then you do it. Technically, it's not really infringing on anything. You made that choice to agree to the terms of the HOA. You didn't have to move there. There are plenty of other places that you could move to in my county, but there's no security, and they don't have the perks that the HOA developments have. You know what you're getting into before you sign on the dotted line. Unless you're an idiot.

Personally, I'm fairly young and idealistic at 45. I have a problem with 'authority' telling me that I have to do something, and frankly, I prefer to stay at home and cook, so the restaurant requirement thing's a bit too much for me. The other stuff gets done through the HOA fee, or I take care of it myself and I don't mind that because that's stuff I would have done anyway. Truth be told, I don't know many people older than me that mind going out to eat instead of staying in and cooking themselves. Most of the older folks I know are going to restaurants once or twice a week anyway, so it works for them. I've gone out to these restaurants. They're not bad. They're not 4 or 5-star establishments, but they throw together decent meals for an ok price.

But the $8 hotdog for 4 months was still hilarious.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 11-28-2020 at 05:38 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (11-29-2020), lost in melb. (11-28-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    If I buy this now and the lowers become available, I'm gonna be pissed. Also, I will have proved FBD right.

Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    hell yeah man, I've got a Blackstar HT Dual with a '54 Tung Sol double d getter 12AX7 and it gives viciously searing distortion

kinda sounds like you have more of an immediate need for the combo
    That was from a conversation back in the beginning of September.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (11-29-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    And I did it.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (11-29-2020), lost in melb. (11-29-2020)

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    I didnt replace all the components in that mic, the row of resistors tested out fine and removing them was likely going to be a nightmare for the PCB. I didnt replace those two main caps because I was lazy, and in testing the son of a bitch was quiet. Not too pleased with that, but I guess now I replace those two caps and see what it does. Will post pics if I dont wind up putting it in the goddam 12 ton press and making a $750 hockey puck

fan fuckin tastic, I somehow only have one 1uf 250v, you mudda fugga

its ok I guess, I still havent gotten operation wolf working so I'm going to replace all the caps on those boards and have to put in another order anyway....still tho, wtf
    Last edited by FBD; 11-29-2020 at 07:15 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,772 Times in 4,011 Posts
    For some reason I've stumbled across a youtube rabbit hole of people reviewing first class flight experiences These videos have millions of views and I'm sure most people are like me and never plan to spend that much cash on an 8 hour flight... but I have to admit it's pretty entertaining to marvel at the product. Maybe it's so entertaining partly because it's such a stark contrast from economy flying.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,103 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    For some reason I've stumbled across a youtube rabbit hole of people reviewing first class flight experiences These videos have millions of views and I'm sure most people are like me and never plan to spend that much cash on an 8 hour flight... but I have to admit it's pretty entertaining to marvel at the product. Maybe it's so entertaining partly because it's such a stark contrast from economy flying.
    It would be nice to fly First Class just one time, but damn, the cost difference between Coach and First Class is absolutely ridiculous.

First Class Denver to Boston non-stop round trip:

Coach Denver to Boston non-stop round trip:

Almost three times the cost....would be REALLY hard to justify unless you were independently wealthy. Especially for a 4 hour flight.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

FBD (11-30-2020), Godfather (11-30-2020)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,103 Times in 59,908 Posts

First Class Denver to Paris, France