Page 3397 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 2397 2897 3297 3347 3387 3395 3396 3397 3398 3399 3407 3447 3497 ... LastLast
Results 50,941 to 50,955 of 55059

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Seriously, man. I could send Kevin a picture of it and I bet he could make it for $50 and a case of beer.
    Assuming mates rates

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    I'm looking for Mother's Day cards and I found one that says, "Thanks for being my Mom. If I had another Mom, I'd punch her in the face and go find you."

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (04-24-2021), Godfather (04-24-2021), Teh One Who Knocks (04-24-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Just got back from a few days in Tofino. Didn't surf, too cold and choppy for a rookie like me but ate tacos from dirty roadside stands, sat in a hot tub, day drank, and watched the dog run like a maniac on the beach for a couple days. Great way to unwind.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

FBD (04-24-2021), KevinD (04-24-2021), lost in melb. (04-24-2021), Teh One Who Knocks (04-24-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Just got back from a few days in Tofino. Didn't surf, too cold and choppy for a rookie like me but ate tacos from dirty roadside stands, sat in a hot tub, day drank, and watched the dog run like a maniac on the beach for a couple days. Great way to unwind.
    I was coastal for most of summer (taking a break from psychology and working on an organic bee farm )

I didn't go in the ocean once this time. My aging body can't generate the heat anymore - too cold!

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    Happy Anniversary Lance!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (04-24-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Pony (04-24-2021), Teh One Who Knocks (04-24-2021)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Man, I went to the dentist the other day and you would think that I was entering an ebola hot zone. The door is locked, so you need to call from your vehicle to check in. Then when they are ready for you, they call you back to meet them at the door to let you in. The staff is all basically wearing hazmat suits and they take your temp once you're inside. Then, after they bring you back, they make you rinse your mouth with peroxide for 30 seconds to "disinfect" your mouth.

What a pain in the ass that was.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Man, I my to the dentist the other day and you would think that I was entering an ebola hot zone. The door is locked, so you need to call from your vehicle to check in. Then when they are ready for you, they call you back to meet them at the door to let you in. The staff is all basically wearing hazmat suits and they take your temp once you're inside. Then, after they bring you back, they make you rinse your mouth with peroxide for 30 seconds to "disinfect" your mouth.

What a pain in the ass that was.
    Did he get to your teeth the long way through?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

FBD (04-24-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    My neighbors went away for the weekend and before they did, they brought over two meal kits from the Home Chef meal delivery service. I don't know how long they've been members, but they said they couldn't freeze the meal kits and they had to be eaten, so they gave them to me. I ate both of them yesterday and today. They were both so ridiculously good. I'm seriously considering signing up for the service.

Yesterday, I had a sausage spinach fettucine meal that was amazing. Today I had shredded beef gyros that were loaded with meat, and Christ, was that fucking incredible!

If I could figure out how to make this stuff from scratch, I'd open a restaurant.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (04-25-2021), Godfather (04-25-2021), KevinD (04-24-2021), Pony (04-24-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    My neighbors went away for the weekend and before they did, they brought over two meal kits from the Home Chef meal delivery service. I don't know how long they've been members, but they said they couldn't freeze the meal kits and they had to be eaten, so they gave them to me. I ate both of them yesterday and today. They were both so ridiculously good. I'm seriously considering signing up for the service.

Yesterday, I had a sausage spinach fettucine meal that was amazing. Today I had shredded beef gyros that were loaded with meat, and Christ, was that fucking incredible!

If I could figure out how to make this stuff from scratch, I'd open a restaurant.
    Funny, I just had a Home Chef meal myself tonite. The local King Soopers grocery chain sells them here in store. The one I had was baked mac and cheese and I was less than impressed with it. The frozen Stouffers is much better IMHO.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Funny, I just had a Home Chef meal myself tonite. The local King Soopers grocery chain sells them here in store. The one I had was baked mac and cheese and I was less than impressed with it. The frozen Stouffers is much better IMHO.
    I don't know about their in-store stuff, they're not affiliated with any of the supermarket chains I have in my town. Nobody carries them. I imagine the frozen junk is a whole different animal. But then again, I can't stand Stouffers' salt bombs.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (04-25-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I don't know about their in-store stuff, they're not affiliated with any of the supermarket chains I have in my town. Nobody carries them. I imagine the frozen junk is a whole different animal. But then again, I can't stand Stouffers' salt bombs.
    The Home Chef stuff at the grocery store isn't frozen, it's refrigerated and fresh.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts

We do meal kits fairly often, not sure if that's the same as Home Chef but we get raw ingredients for 2-3 meals a week, and have minimal prep to cook it all up. We switch it between Chef's Plate, Hello Fresh and Good Food (not sure if they're all available down there but I think you guys also have Blue Apron). I love the selection of meals you can chose from, learned some really good new recipes that we now just make ourselves, and it's a huge luxury not to have to go to the grocery store as often.

There are often first-time sign-up coupons floating around too so don't pay full price and try each service to take advantage of the discount. Just make sure to pause or cancel your weekly subscription a week beforehand or you're locked in
    Last edited by Godfather; 04-25-2021 at 01:49 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    We do meal kits fairly often, not sure if that's the same as Home Chef but we get raw ingredients for 2-3 meals a week, and have minimal prep to cook it all up. We switch it between Chef's Plate, Hello Fresh and Good Food (not sure if they're all available down there but I think you guys also have Blue Apron). I love the selection of meals you can chose from, learned some really good new recipes that we now just make ourselves, and it's a huge luxury not to have to go to the grocery store as often.

There are often first-time sign-up coupons floating around too so don't pay full price and try each service to take advantage of the discount. Just make sure to pause or cancel your weekly subscription a week beforehand or you're locked in
    Yeah, it's pretty much the same as the others, except Home Chef is supposed to be for people who love meat. There's like 25 other meal delivery services down here, and a few are vegetarian based. Some claim to be meal delivery services, but are really just online grocery stores that have a few prepackaged meals available for purchase. Chef's Plate is exclusive to Canada but it's owned by Hello Fresh. Good Food is Canadian as well. Don't know who owns them. Y'all also have one called 'Cook It', but I couldn't tell you anything about them.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Godfather (04-25-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The Home Chef stuff at the grocery store isn't frozen, it's refrigerated and fresh.
    Ok. But I still don't like Stouffers.