Page 3429 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 2429 2929 3329 3379 3419 3427 3428 3429 3430 3431 3439 3479 3529 ... LastLast
Results 51,421 to 51,435 of 55059

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    I was almost going to say what a privilege GF. But, even as an Australian I can understand you drawing the line at hundreds of 'em

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    So here's my first world problems today.

South Australia has gone into lockdown as of 6 p.m. tonight. And I have a colonoscopy tomorrow which means the purging today. So I've been waiting all day to hear from the hospital to find out if they are going ahead. They ARE, but instead of being in a local town for a relaxed afternoon procedure, it's now 7 a.m. in a distant larger town. My colleague who is driving me is a little freaked out and is asking me to be driver in the way so he can meditate in the morning. Fine.

It gets worse though. I've delayed doing the purge until the whole thing was confirmed, and with the late prep and the early procedure I risk weeping diarrhoea in the car on the way (while I'm driving).

Final nail in the coffin. The stuff I must drink looks and tastes like piss!

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    1/4 mile??
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    No, not full 1/4 anymore. Only 1000ft iirc. The NHRA made that change in an effort to slow the cars down.
    Kev is right, it used to be 1/4 mile but they shortened it to 1000 feet for 'safety' reasons (for the nitro powered cars only). So she ran the 3.717 at 326 mph in 1000 feet, or less than a 1/5 mile.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Goofy (07-21-2021), KevinD (07-20-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    It's almost 1am. About an hour ago, I looked up at the ceiling in my office and was horrified to see dozens of baby spiders crawling around. My wife left the window in here open overnight after exercising so I chose to blame her.

I don't mind spiders, I'll even let a harmless looking one live in a closet because I figure it's eating other critters.... but I draw a hard line at turning my room into a god damn spider daycare.

I've been in here for the past hour vacuuming and wiping down every surface and corner imaginable. The vacuum will be sleeping outside now that it's filled with some spider's nasty little spawn. My wife woke up and came in to see why I was vacuuming. I told her to put in earplugs and that she didn't want to know. While this is her fault in my brain, I'll spare her the horror for tonight.

I think I got most of them.... at least I haven't seen one in a little while now. I just ordered next-day delivery of a dozen spider traps but I'm still debating burning the place to the ground.
    You should have put the vacuum cleaner right next to her side of the bed so it would be there when she woke up...and THEN when she wakes up tell her what you were doing last night

South Australia has gone into lockdown as of 6 p.m. tonight. And I have a colonoscopy tomorrow which means the purging today. So I've been waiting all day to hear from the hospital to find out if they are going ahead. They ARE, but instead of being in a local town for a relaxed afternoon procedure, it's now 7 a.m. in a distant larger town. My colleague who is driving me is a little freaked out and is asking me to be driver in the way so he can meditate in the morning. Fine.

It gets worse though. I've delayed doing the purge until the whole thing was confirmed, and with the late prep and the early procedure I risk weeping diarrhoea in the car on the way (while I'm driving).

Don't envy you. At least the stuff I had to drink was tasteless and colorless. Just a powder to mix that you can get at Walmart here.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Godfather (07-20-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post

Don't envy you. At least the stuff I had to drink was tasteless and colorless. Just a powder to mix that you can get at Walmart here.

Oh, that would have made it easier. Our medicine is chemist only and only one option.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    I was almost going to say what a privilege GF. But, even as an Australian I can understand you drawing the line at hundreds of 'em

We are indeed lucky here, I think there are only 1 or 2 rare types of spiders here that might be venomous. Just gross is all.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts

You should have put the vacuum cleaner right next to her side of the bed so it would be there when she woke up...and THEN when she wakes up tell her what you were doing last night

That is a serious conundrum How'd it turn out?

I'm just glad to hear you guys are getting your colonoscopies. Lost my father in law to a cancer that should've been detected if he'd just gone to his damn appointments. Sucks.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

I'm just glad to hear you guys are getting your colonoscopies. Lost my father in law to a cancer that should've been detected if he'd just gone to his damn appointments. Sucks.
    I got mine 2 years ago. The wife goes for her first one tomorrow.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Is it bad that I am actually happy that the SJW loud mouth US Womens soccer team lost their first match at the Olympics 3-0 to the Swedes?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (07-21-2021), Goofy (07-21-2021), KevinD (07-21-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks

It's a great preventative. They'll do a little trim while they're there and pick off anything that could be a problem later.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Godfather (07-22-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Rant

Well, we will make sure to never ever buy any appliances from Home Depot again. We got our Samsung (a premium brand) washer and dryer set from them several years ago. We have had nothing but problems with the dryer. We've had to pay to get it fixed twice now and then it broke AGAIN and we said fuck it, no more. We found the same model for sale on Facebook and bought it since we already had the matching washer that, so far, has been fine. The dryer we got used looked like it had been barely used, and so far, so good.

Then, on Sunday, the wife went to take a bath and at first the water coming out was just warm and by the time she was done filling the tub, the water was cold. I went down and checked it out and the pilot light was out and the tank was off. Pulled the cover and it was leaking. Badly. Had a company we've used in the past come out and look at it on Monday and they told us the tank was cracked and it was a total loss. Guess where we bought the water heater just barely 3 years ago. Yup, Home Depot. And it's a Rheem water heater, not some shitty off brand. Total warranty ran out after 2 years, but there was a limited warranty on the tank still for another 7 years. The guy that looked at the tank for us said we'd be best off to call Home depot and see if they would honor the warranty. They would, if we got authorization from Rheem. The wife spent 2 FUCKING HOURS on hold waiting to talk to someone from Rheem on Monday afternoon/evening. Finally after she got through, we got the authorization and had to call Home Depot back. Luckily, they were able to get someone out yesterday to swap out the tank, but we were still responsible for the labor which came to just under $800. And, to make it even better, the warranty on the new tank picks up where the warranty on the shit one left off, so instead of starting over with a 9 year warranty, we only have 6 years on the new tank.

Fuck Home Depot and their fucking factory seconds appliances. Never again.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (07-21-2021), FBD (07-22-2021), lost in melb. (07-22-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    Is it bad that I am actually happy that the SJW loud mouth US Womens soccer team lost their first match at the Olympics 3-0 to the Swedes?
    Did they win the diversity title? Because that's all that matters.

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    bridget phetasy is amazing

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

They sell these at Walmart and they are delicious. That is all.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts

They sell these at Walmart and they are delicious. That is all.
    $10.68 for a 2.75 lb bag.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.