Page 3432 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 2432 2932 3332 3382 3422 3430 3431 3432 3433 3434 3442 3482 3532 ... LastLast
Results 51,466 to 51,480 of 55058

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts
    I decided to try out a bunch of fuel stations apps that let you pay for gas through the app because you can save various amounts per gallon (depending on the station/company). I tried Shell first last week and it wouldn't work for me, at least at the particular station I was at. Earlier this week I tried the Exxon/Mobil app and it worked. So weird to use your phone to actually activate the pump and use it instead of the interface on the pump itself.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-31-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I decided to try out a bunch of fuel stations apps that let you pay for gas through the app because you can save various amounts per gallon (depending on the station/company). I tried Shell first last week and it wouldn't work for me, at least at the particular station I was at. Earlier this week I tried the Exxon/Mobil app and it worked. So weird to use your phone to actually activate the pump and use it instead of the interface on the pump itself.
    I've never heard of that.. I have a Costco a mile from my house and I swear every time I go there they are 20-30 cents cheaper per gallon. So I just stick with that.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    I've never heard of that.. I have a Costco a mile from my house and I swear every time I go there they are 20-30 cents cheaper per gallon. So I just stick with that.
    I'm a Sam's Club member and they are definitely cheaper, but the line for gas there is always ridiculous. As for using the app, yeah, you just do everything thru the app and then suddenly the pump says "authorizing" and then you are good to go to pump gas. Definitely different

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    That's interesting, hadn't heard of that. Also slightly ironic because every gas station (here at least) is plastered with 'no cell phone use' decals

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-31-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Heading out of town for a few days. It's always funny and a little sad how perturbed the animals are when the luggage comes out. The cat is running around all pissed off... the dog is laying beside the luggage making sure he isn't left behind. They definitely know.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (07-31-2021), Muddy (07-31-2021), RBP (07-31-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    That's interesting, hadn't heard of that. Also slightly ironic because every gas station (here at least) is plastered with 'no cell phone use' decals
    Hey, I'll do anything to save a few cents per gallon

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,558 Times in 5,209 Posts
    Heading out of town for a few days. It's always funny and a little sad how perturbed the animals are when the luggage comes out. The cat is running around all pissed off... the dog is laying beside the luggage making sure he isn't left behind. They definitely know.
    With my old border collie cross, I would merely glance at the hall stand (where the lead was hanging) and it was ON

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I don't know if it's allergies acting up or if it's the piss poor air quality from all the fires burning, but my eyes have been itchy as fuck the last several days.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (08-01-2021), RBP (08-02-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I've noticed on some forums that there are some people that you just cannot have a political conversation with without them losing their temper. I guess I just have to ignore them whenever they try and talk about politics to me

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

RBP (08-02-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    I've noticed on some forums that there are some people that you just cannot have a political conversation with without them losing their temper. I guess I just have to ignore them whenever they try and talk about politics to me
    So true - I don't understand why some take things so personally....

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Monk For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (08-02-2021), RBP (08-02-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'm with you on that - how the hell they know I have no idea but somehow they sense it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It's a 3 hour return drive for a swim because the local pool is shut

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Or maybe realize that when you're talking politics that you and the person you're talking with are both dug in and not willing to give up any ground. Which is fine, I guess, if you're willing to say, "We'll just have to agree to disagree" and then move on to other topics, like you would do in real life. Except that's not what's happening online. Everybody's a keyboard warrior. The conversation keeps coming back to the same crap over and over and over again. And you and everybody else keeps pounding away at the same ideas over and over and over again. And it's just the same back and forth, and everybody loses patience, and tempers flare, because everybody thinks they're right and everybody thinks that everyone that disagrees with them are wrong and should take a moment to reflect on why the original person is right, except everyone is thinking that, and no one is stepping back. And it happens over and over and over again. And everybody sounds like a broken record. And then the mods and the admin get pissed off because they're tired of refereeing the same old contest every damn day, and they try hard to not get sucked in, because the mods and admin have their opinions, and they probably disagree with everyone involved too. And honestly, I don't know about other forums, but I now we all really didn't come here for this crap. This is not why this forum was set up.

So maybe everybody should just grow the fuck up, realize that you wouldn't dare argue about in real life what you're arguing about online, and find something else to talk about. Cause you're not gonna change anybody's mind. And you know you're not gonna change anybody's mind. And you know your mind's not gonna get changed either. And realize if everybody was doing this face to face in real life, a lot of people would be getting punched in the face. Including you.

So find something else to talk about. Save your sanity. Save our sanity. Save everybody else's sanity. Or don't. Because I know you're not going to. And I'm probably not going to either. And neither is anybody else. Because that's just the way things go online.

Oh well.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (08-02-2021), Pony (08-02-2021), Teh One Who Knocks (08-02-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It's a 3 hour return drive for a swim because the local pool is shut
    Are you swimming in this weather.....

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Or maybe realize that when you're talking politics that you and the person you're talking with are both dug in and not willing to give up any ground. Which is fine, I guess, if you're willing to say, "We'll just have to agree to disagree" and then move on to other topics, like you would do in real life. Except that's not what's happening online. Everybody's a keyboard warrior. The conversation keeps coming back to the same crap over and over and over again. And you and everybody else keeps pounding away at the same ideas over and over and over again. And it's just the same back and forth, and everybody loses patience, and tempers flare, because everybody thinks they're right and everybody thinks that everyone that disagrees with them are wrong and should take a moment to reflect on why the original person is right, except everyone is thinking that, and no one is stepping back. And it happens over and over and over again. And everybody sounds like a broken record. And then the mods and the admin get pissed off because they're tired of refereeing the same old contest every damn day, and they try hard to not get sucked in, because the mods and admin have their opinions, and they probably disagree with everyone involved too. And honestly, I don't know about other forums, but I now we all really didn't come here for this crap. This is not why this forum was set up.

So maybe everybody should just grow the fuck up, realize that you wouldn't dare argue about in real life what you're arguing about online, and find something else to talk about. Cause you're not gonna change anybody's mind. And you know you're not gonna change anybody's mind. And you know your mind's not gonna get changed either. And realize if everybody was doing this face to face in real life, a lot of people would be getting punched in the face. Including you.

So find something else to talk about. Save your sanity. Save our sanity. Save everybody else's sanity. Or don't. Because I know you're not going to. And I'm probably not going to either. And neither is anybody else. Because that's just the way things go online.

Oh well.
    Haha, I like the last paragraph.

I'm just amazed at how little adults change, when you think about it... Although, there's definitely been some softening of the edges of everyone here over the past decade or two. So that's progress I guess