Page 3442 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 2442 2942 3342 3392 3432 3440 3441 3442 3443 3444 3452 3492 3542 ... LastLast
Results 51,616 to 51,630 of 55059

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    So.... The monitor would be for my PC at home because my eyes suck. Thinking 32" curved. And would probably get a cheap graphics card as well just to milk a few more years out of the old girl.

The Laptop or mini PC would just be to replace my antique Dell 5110 core I5/8gb/ssd from 2011 that I use at nights at work, usually plugged into a tv.

My "Good" laptop is an aging Toshiba 17" Core I7,1080p display, dual SSD/HDD drives, backlit keyboard W10 16gb ram. Dated 2014? Still runs fast and great.

Or I could just buy another gun.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    check for availability of ammo for the gun

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (08-21-2021), Pony (08-21-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    So.... The monitor would be for my PC at home because my eyes suck. Thinking 32" curved. And would probably get a cheap graphics card as well just to milk a few more years out of the old girl.

The Laptop or mini PC would just be to replace my antique Dell 5110 core I5/8gb/ssd from 2011 that I use at nights at work, usually plugged into a tv.

My "Good" laptop is an aging Toshiba 17" Core I7,1080p display, dual SSD/HDD drives, backlit keyboard W10 16gb ram. Dated 2014? Still runs fast and great.

My monster rig from 2009 (i7 920) still runs like a champ. I was considering upgrading it, but then Biden got elected (gun concerns), I wanted to start recording some stuff (guitar concerns), and I wanted to take a stab at the stock market (dreams of being a millionaire). I've been using my AMD Dell (2013) a lot lately, and that still runs awesome.

If you can exist fine with your current setup for a while longer and you don't have everything you want in the firearms department, you may want to start hunting down what it is that you're after, because the Biden Administration's really trying to find a way to take away our guns in a way that can't be challenged as an infringement of the Second Amendment. That Russian thing is masked as a punishment for Putin's political persecution and attempted murder of Alexei Navalny, but given that Biden shut down the Keystone pipeline construction and lifted sanctions on Russia so that they could build their own pipeline in Europe, it's obvious it's just about the guns.

Grif's right, ammo is scarce, so you better be sure you can source a few boxes if you're going with a caliber you don't already have.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    My monster rig from 2009 (i7 920) still runs like a champ. I was considering upgrading it, but then Biden got elected (gun concerns), I wanted to start recording some stuff (guitar concerns), and I wanted to take a stab at the stock market (dreams of being a millionaire). I've been using my AMD Dell (2013) a lot lately, and that still runs awesome.

If you can exist fine with your current setup for a while longer and you don't have everything you want in the firearms department, you may want to start hunting down what it is that you're after, because the Biden Administration's really trying to find a way to take away our guns in a way that can't be challenged as an infringement of the Second Amendment. That Russian thing is masked as a punishment for Putin's political persecution and attempted murder of Alexei Navalny, but given that Biden shut down the Keystone pipeline construction and lifted sanctions on Russia so that they could build their own pipeline in Europe, it's obvious it's just about the guns.

Grif's right, ammo is scarce, so you better be sure you can source a few boxes if you're going with a caliber you don't already have.
    I was thinking something smaller for a CCW. Subcompact or micro 9mm. The Sig p365 keeps jumping out at me, or I saw a number of vids on the new Kimber R7 Mako that's coming out.
    What's the availability of 9mm like?
    Any recommendations on a small-ish carry pistol that wouldn't be uncomfortable but also big enough to be controllable? Some of those tiny pocket guns look great to conceal but don't hold more than a few rounds and kick too much. Broke my wrist years ago and it can get real uncomfortable to shoot anything too aggressive.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    And my home built I5 PC from probably around the same time still runs good, but I do use it as a Plex media server, Trying to re-encode and watch 1080P video from a remote location is a bit much for 12+ year old onboard graphics, Thats why I want to throw a cheap GPU in it, take some of the work off the CPU.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I was thinking something smaller for a CCW. Subcompact or micro 9mm. The Sig p365 keeps jumping out at me, or I saw a number of vids on the new Kimber R7 Mako that's coming out.
    What's the availability of 9mm like?
    Any recommendations on a small-ish carry pistol that wouldn't be uncomfortable but also big enough to be controllable? Some of those tiny pocket guns look great to conceal but don't hold more than a few rounds and kick too much. Broke my wrist years ago and it can get real uncomfortable to shoot anything too aggressive.
    9mm is kinda available, but it's been over priced ever since Covid started. I say kinda available because I can't get it at the normal places I buy ammo from, but it seems to be all over the place on Ammo Seek. I'm not entirely certain about the "stores" selling it. I'm stocked with 9mm, in both FMJ and hollow points, and have been for a while. I was waiting for the prices to come back down before adding to what I already have (around 10000 rounds). I can tell you that I have purchased some ammo from freedom munitions, their own stuff, and I haven't had a single bad round, but again prices are ridiculous. I picked up some 308 win from them a while back. I haven't picked up any of their 9mm, but I know it's available and it is their own stuff, both new and remanufactured for a dollar less than new.

I don't have a subcompact, my smallest is my S&W M&P9c which is a strict compact. I hear people like the newer M&P 9 Shield 2.0. I do have a micro, but it's an antique in 25acp/6mm (circa 1920s), so I never shoot it. I really can't help you in the micro department, although you could look smaller than 9mm (380 acp, 32 acp, etc). Smaller rounds = smaller kick. Maybe Grif can lead you down the right path if he's so inclined. I know people love the Sig P365. I haven't heard a single bad thing about it, but I haven't fired it myself.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts

If you're running such a large monitor, you want it to be high rez, which means you want a decent laptop. But you could try...

The desktop system will be a much cheaper price for the same grunt. But obviously not portable.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Toshiba is a great brand, by the way. Underrated in my opinion

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Now you have to buy another gun, Pony.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    If you're running such a large monitor, you want it to be high rez, which means you want a decent laptop. But you could try...

The desktop system will be a much cheaper price for the same grunt. But obviously not portable.
    The monitor is for my PC that stays at home as a media server. Both my current laptops are mostly used plugged into TV's. The older Dell beater is the one at work that could use an upgrade, and for the purpose I use it for I'm not looking to spend $1000+ for something good.
    I don't do any gaming so basically I'm looking for a cheap rig with "ok" graphics with the best CPU I can afford. That is what got me looking at the Mini PC's. It's portable, 4k capable and in the $500 range I can get something with a decent chip in it.
    Example: https://www.amazon.com/i5-8279U-Beel...pc&sr=1-3&th=1
    Toshiba is a great brand, by the way. Underrated in my opinion
    I love my Toshiba, way underrated. Even their hard drives/SSD drives and portables seem to be bulletproof.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (08-23-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I just saw the line item charges on an impending bill for the outpatient medical center that I've been going to once a week. Thank God I have insurance. The money these people are asking for is ridiculous. These people are fucking insane.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Next MCU big bad... the Celestials?

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I knew it was a bad idea to go to the gun shop.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

KevinD (08-23-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    I knew it was a bad idea to go to the gun shop.
    Bought 3 boxes of ammo and they threw in a free gun?

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Next MCU big bad... the Celestials?
    Soooooo....tea brewers?