Page 3654 of 3671 FirstFirst ... 2654 3154 3554 3604 3644 3652 3653 3654 3655 3656 3664 ... LastLast
Results 54,796 to 54,810 of 55059

Thread: Post what you are thinking at this very moment

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    wild shit

irony this song is the proper tempo

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Hulu's $1/month for 12 months.
    Peacock's $2/month for 12 months
    Max's $3/month for 6 months

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Hulu's $1/month for 12 months.
    Peacock's $2/month for 12 months
    Max's $3/month for 6 months
    my buddy noticed that Shadow Hills was offering an insane deal on their mastering compressor, normally its like $11k but its on sale for like 8600 right now
    he and I are done with our days of running a studio, but we have another friend who is hellbent on it...will be interesting to see if he's that gung ho since my buddy said he'll let him use the N board if he buys a shadow hills

speaking of which, I never built those lunchboxes so that each eq/comp can just go direct into the DAW but if this all happens then it will be an absolute must and I'll have to get back on it, just need to figure out what transformer is proper to place off the back side of the modules....that technical douche had no good information for me when I consulted him, just said I dont need 36db of gain from that channel amp and made it like nothing else was required, then I see a month later he comments about someone making one and notes he used the right transformer off the back end. smh.

gotta finish drilling out that mf'in bolt in my exhaust first

but wait, there's dubs at Panthorn this morning....so its time to hurry up and eat and go do the important things first
    Last edited by FBD; 11-25-2023 at 02:34 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Crazy moment at the grocery store tonight!

Was heading to my folks' place for dinner and there was an accident on the highway, so we stopped at a random grocery store we don't normally visit to grab a couple things and wait out traffic. My wife and I split up to grab our stuff. I turn the corner on the meat aisle and see a heavy set, older store employee collapse. I called my wife's phone not knowing where she was in the store and was like "I think maybe you should run down to the meat aisle"

She runs down and her and a nurse who also happened to be right there immediately see the guy has no pulse and start doing chest compressions. Someone ran and grabbed an AED machine while we called 911. My wife and the nurse traded off doing compressions and running the AED machine, cut the dude's shirt off. My wife was a yard sale, kicked her slip on shoes and jacket off and was going ham pumping on this dude and taking charge of the scene. I mean, I knew she was a doctor obviously, but I'd never seen her in action like that - in hindsight it's impressive but at the time it was just kinda horrifying. The poor guy's ribs were clearly jellified by the compressions (which I understand means you're doing it right), he'd pissed himself, and the store employees were all crying because it looked like their coworker was dead. The nurse wanted to stop compressions because the guy was making some horrific noises but my wife knew better, apparently that doesn't mean you should stop, and so they kept going as they still could find no pulse. Just some real hardcore shit to witness as I stood there literally holding her purse.

Finally after about 10 minutes the fire department and paramedics showed up. The Fire guys were kind of big dicking my wife and nurse and shooed them away at that point (which is fair I guess, they're the real front line experts with this stuff). So my wife was kinda like "hmm, I'm used to running codes but they don't need me anymore so I guess we' just pay for our milk and bread and leave? This feels weird."

There's no way to know the outcome but he had a weak pulse when Fire took over so hopefully the man is alright.

It's not about me obviously, but it sure got my adrenaline PUMPING even just being a bystander, never seen that in real life before and it's not a pretty sight. We both needed a beer once we got to my parent's place

I guess if there's any moral to this story, we should all take a CPR class once in a while.
    Wow, that is an incredible story.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    There was a restructure at work this week. About 40 people let go (we had about 600 before so this is fairly huge). I kind of expected it was coming but didn't really know much so Monday was chaos when it went down. Sucks to see right before the holidays. Three of them were in our office including the manager who hired me 11 years ago, the Director/head of the region, and another employee. Not fun, it actually fucking sucks, but our results have been bad, and we're going in a new direction and that's just life in the business world I guess. On the plus side, we're very generous with our packages and support for these people.

On the plus side... they're making me head of the region now. Not how I'd ever have wanted it to go down but it's a huge opportunity and exciting challenge. Haven't got all the details yet but should be effective early December.
    Last edited by Godfather; 11-29-2023 at 04:23 AM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (11-29-2023), FBD (11-29-2023), lost in melb. (11-29-2023), Teh One Who Knocks (11-29-2023)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Congrats GF! Hopefully this comes with decent compensation.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    On the plus side... they're making me head of the region now. Not how I'd ever have wanted it to go down but it's a huge opportunity and exciting challenge. Haven't got all the details yet but should be effective early December.
    Look at the bright side, at least they didne put you in the position and then tell you that you have to go fire all these people

general counsel and another on exec row just announced they're retiring and out the door

the other is old, general counsel? well...now that we have the aforementioned sicknesses having arrived in Washington DC...maybe nobody will notice that Gates & JHopkins modeled this one just like the first one, surmising a enterovirus that hits kids pretty hard
    Last edited by FBD; 11-29-2023 at 12:45 PM.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    I need a vacation.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Godfather (11-30-2023)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I need a vacation.
    one of the reasons I shied away from going into business for myself, I see almost every single one working insane hours and not having enough help so that they can have a normal work schedule/load. but also often this is because if you want a job done right, you have to do it yourself.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    one of the reasons I shied away from going into business for myself, I see almost every single one working insane hours and not having enough help so that they can have a normal work schedule/load. but also often this is because if you want a job done right, you have to do it yourself.
    Me and the wife were planning a vacation last year, we were going to go to either Iceland or Finland, but we needed to get passports. First, it was hard finding a Post Office close that had appointments for Passport renewal/ordering, but we found one that had an appointment about 3 weeks out. It would have been cutting it close, but we should have gotten our Passports back from the State Dept. in plenty of time for the trip. So we get all the forms and stuff and go to the Post Office. I have an expired passport, so I had no issues with my renewal application. When the clerk wen to process the wife's, there was an issue with her birth certificate, it was like a "short form" or something and wasn't good for a passport application. So, she had to order a new one from the state she was born in (not here in Colorado). That's where the vacation plans ended. It took 6 fucking months for her to get her replacement birth certificate. Absolutely ridiculous that it took that long. But because of the delay, it shot clear past when we were planning on going.

So thanks to that, the trip was canceled and put on an indefinite hold. Since then we've spent money on other things (got the house painted this past summer which it desperately needed) and with inflation and the cost of everything going up, we basically had to dip into what we were saving for vacation to take care of shit. Plus we've added two new rescue dogs to the family since then and that will make it hard to go somewhere unless we can get someone to watch all the dogs (since we have 4 again now). So who knows now when we will get to go.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

FBD (11-29-2023)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Me and the wife were planning a vacation last year, we were going to go to either Iceland or Finland, but we needed to get passports. First, it was hard finding a Post Office close that had appointments for Passport renewal/ordering, but we found one that had an appointment about 3 weeks out. It would have been cutting it close, but we should have gotten our Passports back from the State Dept. in plenty of time for the trip. So we get all the forms and stuff and go to the Post Office. I have an expired passport, so I had no issues with my renewal application. When the clerk wen to process the wife's, there was an issue with her birth certificate, it was like a "sort form" or something and wasn't good for a passport application. So, she had to order a new one from the state she was born in (not here in Colorado). That's where the vacation plans ended. It took 6 fucking months for her to get her replacement birth certificate. Absolutely ridiculous that it took that long. But because of the delay, it shot clear past when we were planning on going.

So thanks to that, the trip was canceled and put on an indefinite hold. Since then we've spent money on other things (got the house painted this past summer which it desperately needed) and with inflation and the cost of everything going up, we basically had to dip into what we were saving for vacation to take care of shit. Plus we've added two new rescue dogs to the family since then and that will make it hard to go somewhere unless we can get someone to watch all the dogs (since we have 4 again now). So who knows now when we will get to go.
    damn bro, sucks having stupid shit fuck up plans like that. maybe I'd get away more if I didnt have my kitties, only funtravel I've done in the past couple years is go visit my buddy over in PA for a weekend here or there. always love his wife's chinese food cooking

oh wait, ma rented the old cottage on Isle La Motte this year! that was a good week away, kinda pissed my Explorer wasnt cooperating and I missed out on attending disc golf worlds at smugs, had a ticket, got there too late, explorer did the notch but she was quite leaky when I got back home

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,888 Posts
    I feel brain dead. Just sat through 2 hours of interactive video training on Equality, inclusion and harassment.
    Apparently if I decide to not talk to someone I don't like, thats a bad thing now.
    Fucking snowflakes.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

FBD (11-29-2023), Teh One Who Knocks (11-29-2023)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    I feel brain dead. Just sat through 2 hours of interactive video training on Equality, inclusion and harassment.
    Apparently if I decide to not talk to someone I don't like, thats a bad thing now.
    Fucking snowflakes.
    when your company takes globohomo bucks and must obey their lendmasters otherwise suffer the consequences of having difficulty accessing credit for noncompliance

Disney just came right out and admitted that wokeism goes directly against profits

amusing that Dodge sued Ford over this and won like 90-100 years ago saying they had a fiduciary responsibility, when Henry Ford began paying his workers a bunch more
    Last edited by FBD; 11-29-2023 at 05:08 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Fucking snowflakes.
    Don't be going and microagressing people

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    thankfully this was just an M8.somethin, so shouldnt be too disruptive

we get an X20+ aimed this well and things could get a bit more serious
    it is uncertain what the actual impacts will be since our magnetic field is really in the shitter for strength, so x20 is pretty much the threshold where I would be concerned.
    I remember the handful of ~x45s that came off the sun over the past 15-20 years, none aimed at us
    I dont wanna live in interesting times its much better to live in entirely uninteresting times

I'll skip linking any Ben Davidson, I dont want to doompost too much, just to make note of some relevant happenings. I sincerely hope we all come through life's challenges alive and more solid for whatever comes.

I may link that paper he recently referenced on the galactic magnetic spiral, since that's some really cool shit.
    Last edited by FBD; 11-29-2023 at 07:33 PM.