Thread: Driver given red light camera ticket for car he doesn’t own, has never driven, from a city he’s never visited

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts

Driver given red light camera ticket for car he doesn’t own, has never driven, from a city he’s never visited

For weeks, Andrew Rainey of Orlando, Florida has been fighting a red light camera ticket he received for a car he doesn’t own, and never drove, from a camera in a city he’s never been to. As reported by WFTV Channel 9, Miami-Dade County sent the 20-year-old student the ticket along with a picture of what the court was claiming to be his car committing the violation.

The license plate shown in the fuzzy pictures sent by Miami-Dade County looked very similar to Rainey’s license plate, but the fourth letter was questionable and could be a “D,” “Q,” or “0.”

Aside from that point, Rainey saw a more obvious discrepancy. “Immediately I noticed the roundness of the car. I was like, my car’s a truck. It has a square back,” said Rainey.

With that evidence, Mr. Rainey called the courts to get the ticket dismissed, thinking it would be a simple matter to clear up. It wasn’t. “They told me I’d have to take it up with the Miami-Dade court,” Rainey recounted. He would have to travel to Miami to appeal the ticket in person. While the busy student with two jobs can’t afford to take the trip, he is now trying to make it to Miami because if it isn’t resolved Rainey says, “it’s pending on suspending my license.”

WFTV reporter Renee Stoll received no response when attempting to contact the Miami-Dade court.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...t-car-s/nfG42/

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    #policestate

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Those Florida cameras are a freakin' racket. I have a friend that was driving down that way that stopped and paid a toll, but was sent a fine for not paying the toll and the envelope included a series of pictures of her car for good measure.

The pictures made it look like she skipped the toll without stopping. There was nothing she could do about it either.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    don't you get receipts after paying?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hugh_Janus For This Useful Post:

Muddy (03-23-2014)