Thread: Hillary Clinton says US gun culture is 'way out of balance and must be 'reined in'

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Politics Hillary Clinton says US gun culture is 'way out of balance and must be 'reined in'

The Associated Press

Hillary Rodham Clinton has declared that America's gun culture has gotten 'way out of balance' and the U.S. needs to rein in the notion that 'anybody can have a gun, anywhere, anytime'.

The former secretary of state and potential 2016 Democratic presidential candidate today told a gathering of mental health professionals that the idea that anyone can have a gun is not in the 'best interest of the vast majority of people.'

But she said that approach does not conflict with the rights of people to own firearms.

Clinton bravely waded into the polarizing issue of gun politics during an appearance at the National Council for Behavioral Health conference in Oxon Hill, Maryland.

She pointed to recent shootings that involved teens who had been playing loud music and chewing gum and a separate incident involving the typing of text messages in a movie theater.

'I think again we're way out of balance. I think that we've got to rein in what has become an almost article of faith that anybody can have a gun anywhere, anytime,' Clinton said.

'And I don't believe that is in the best interest of the vast majority of people. And I think you can say that and still support the right of people to own guns.'

The Democratic-controlled Senate voted against legislation pushed by President Barack Obama last year that would have expanded background checks for firearm purchases to gun shows and online sales.

The legislation came in the aftermath of the deadly Sandy Hook elementary school shootings in Connecticut.

If Clinton runs for president, her views on gun control would clash with Republicans, who have largely opposed efforts to tighten gun laws.

During a recent National Rifle Association conference in Indianapolis, for example, GOP Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana, a potential 2016 candidate, said Clinton and Vice President Joe Biden considered the Second Amendment to be little more than 'a phrase from a speech writer'.

Clinton told attendees at the mental health conference that 'at the rate we're going, we're going to have so many people with guns everywhere, fully licensed, fully validated' in settings like movie theaters where shootings have arisen over seemingly mundane things like loud gum chewing or cellphone use.

'That's what happens in the countries I've visited where there is no rule of law and no self-control and that is something that we cannot just let go without paying attention,' she said.

During a question-and-answer session, Clinton was asked about the 1993 suicide of Clinton White House lawyer Vince Foster.

Referring to him as 'our friend in the White House', she said he had been depressed and 'filled with anxieties'.

Like other men she has known who killed themselves, Clinton said, 'they did not want to be seen as weak, they didn't want to admit their problems'.

Her appearance coincided with the release by Vanity Fair magazine of excerpts from an article by Monica Lewinsky, who as a White House intern had an affair with Clinton's husband when he was president.

The subject of Bill Clinton's affair with Lewinsky did not arise during Hillary Clinton's appearance at the mental health summit or at an early childhood education event later Tuesday at the Inter-American Development Bank.

Clinton said she was still considering her political future, telling the Maryland audience she is someone 'who has to really mull things over'.

'So stay tuned,' Clinton said. 'When I know, you'll know.'

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post

Hillary Rodham Clinton has declared that America's political culture has gotten 'way out of balance' and the U.S. needs to rein in the notion that 'any politician can't simply bend or ignore the law any way they want, anywhere, anytime'.

The former secretary of state and potential 2016 Democratic presidential candidate today told a gathering of mental health professionals that unfortunately the idea that anyone can have a reasonably well functioning political system is not in the 'best interest of the vast majority of people.'

But she said that approach does not conflict with the rights of the federal government, which is now a person too since its a bigger entity than most any private corporation.

Clinton bravely waded into the polarizing issue of political failures during an appearance at the National Council for Behavioral Health conference in Oxon Hill, Maryland.

She pointed to recent constitutional travesties that involved a congress so completely bought out, an executive branch that has a hand up its sorry ass, a judicial branch that wrote law.

'I think again we're way out of balance. I think that we've got to rein in what has become an almost article of faith that the government can efficiently run anything, anywhere, anytime,' Clinton said.

'And I don't believe that is in the best interest of the vast majority of people. And I think you can say that and still support the right of government to print money.'

The Democratic-controlled Senate voted against legislation pushed by President Barack Obama last year that would have expanded background checks for potential legislation disproportionately helping out the company that wrote it and passed it to a legislator.

The legislation came in the aftermath of the deadly trifecta of congress not reading much less writing what's coded into law, president doing only what he feels like anyway, and a supreme court that has all but told us they have bills to pay so they dont want to hear it if they say something absurd or support a government action that is blatantly not within their power.

If Clinton runs for president, her views on government would clash with almost every sane american, who have largely opposed efforts to let the government print more money, implement more regime change, and piss off all of our allies.

During a recent National Rifle Association conference in Indianapolis, for example, GOP Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana, a potential 2016 candidate, said Clinton and Vice President Joe Biden considered Article X to be little more than 'a phrase from a speech writer'.

Clinton told attendees at the mental health conference that 'at the rate we're going, we're going to have so many police with guns everywhere, fully licensed, fully validated' in settings like movie theaters where shootings have arisen over seemingly mundane things like jaywalking or videotaping a police officer.

'That's what happens in the countries I've visited where there is no rule of law and no self-control and that is something that we cannot just let go without paying attention,' she said.

During a question-and-answer session, Clinton was asked about the 1993 suicide of Clinton White House lawyer Vince Foster that they had killed.

Referring to him as 'our friend in the White House', she said he had him depressed and 'filled with anxieties'.

Like other men she has known who killed themselves, Clinton said, 'they did not want to be seen as weak, they didn't want to admit their problems, so the only solution was termination'.

Her appearance coincided with the release by Vanity Fair magazine of excerpts from an article by Monica Lewinsky, who as a White House intern had an affair with Clinton's husband when he was president.

The subject of Bill Clinton's affair with Lewinsky did not arise during Hillary Clinton's appearance at the mental health summit or at an early childhood education event later Tuesday at the Inter-American Development Bank. But every woman in the room still thought she was stupid or just plain greedy to have "forgiven" bill in the first place.

Clinton said she was still considering her political future, telling the Maryland audience she is someone 'who has to really mull things over'.

'So stay tuned,' Clinton said. 'When I feel like telling a tall tale or have some nefarious activity to hide, you'll know.'
    ftfy bitch

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,888 Posts
    Crazy bitch.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    she just knows she is in america's top 5 for assassination, of course she wants guns confiscated.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    You guys crack me up

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Fuck her.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (05-07-2014), Loser (05-08-2014)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    No way. Even Bill wouldn't do that. lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

FBD (05-07-2014)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    The fact that her husband cheated on her multiple times, the public found out about it, and she still stayed with him should disqualify her from even thinking about running for President.

If you can't keep your own house in order...

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Pony (05-08-2014)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    She's getting prettier with age...

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    You guys crack me up
    man they're to take away their guns

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    the fkn hell they are!

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I do believe if they actually tried, you'd see the 2nd civil war, and like the last, it would not be pretty.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-08-2014), Loser (05-08-2014), Pony (05-08-2014)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,164 Times in 800 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    I do believe if they actually tried, you'd see the 2nd civil war, and like the last, it would not be pretty.
    It wouldn't be a war, more like a massacre.

All the liberals I know don't own guns so they'd get rick rolled by the pissed off conservatives.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Acid Trip For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-08-2014)