#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Gotcha! Teacher says he helped write Common Core to end white privilege

Caleb Bonham - Campus Reform

A teacher told attendees at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics Monday night that he helped write the controversial Common Core education standards to end white privilege.

Dr. David Pook, a professor at Granite State College and chair of the History department at The Derryfield School in Manchester, New Hampshire, argued in favor of Common Core.

“The reason why I helped write the standards and the reason why I am here today is that as a white male in society I am given a lot of privilege that I didn't earn.”

“The reason why I helped write the standards and the reason why I am here today is that as a white male in society I am given a lot of privilege that I didn't earn.”

Ironically, the $28,535 per year Derryfield School that Dr. Pook teaches at considers the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) inferior and does not use them on the student body that is 91% white.

AchieveTheCore.org notes that Dr. Pook “worked closely with Susan Pimentel and the Council of Chief State Officers in drafting the Core Standards for English Language Arts, and currently has several projects underway with Student Achievement Partners on work aligned with the CCSS.”

Earlier this year Campus Reform covered the tedious nature of an elementary level Common Core math problem on the campus of George Mason University.

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 863 Posts
    As a White man, I guess I'm privileged to see more and more of my money flushed down the government toilet.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,164 Times in 800 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    So how do us other white males get these privileges we didn't earn? I feel like I'm being cheated.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 869 Posts
    So he wants to dumb us all down to the stupidest possible level?

This is why I elected to be home schooled for highschool.

6th grade-pre algebra, 7th-algebra, 8th-pre calculus...

Freshman year in highschool? They wanted to put me in basic math, because their highest curriculum in math was geometry...

The highschool I went to had zero AP classes. None.

My freshman class was around 210 students, I found out from a friend that of those, only 19 graduated on time.

Fuck public schooling. Home school your children.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    I already have your name on my butthole...too bad the tattoo artist couldn't spell
    Looser
    murder my ass..shove it up my ass....both are beautiful terms of endearment

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Loser For This Useful Post:

FBD (05-28-2014)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    My son is in 8th grade Algebra, while home schooling sounds like a nice idea (I did it for one year, my mom couldnt keep up, I also finished half way through the school season ). My wife wouldn't be able to teach him the Sci/Math or Computer Science at the levels he is currently at. So, how can you home school a kid in something beyond your scope?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 869 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    My son is in 8th grade Algebra, while home schooling sounds like a nice idea (I did it for one year, my mom couldnt keep up, I also finished half way through the school season ). My wife wouldn't be able to teach him the Sci/Math or Computer Science at the levels he is currently at. So, how can you home school a kid in something beyond your scope?
    I was once asked who my most memorable teacher was, and why. It was my second grade math teacher, who later became superintendent of a major school system. She tutored me after school, but she didn't teach me math, english, etc.. She taught me how to teach myself and be self reliant. Her philosophy was, the only person on this earth you can rely on for your education, is you.

I did my high school homeschooling on my own, took the test, and graduated with a AP/Honors diploma *NOT GED*. Self taught in everything, from trig on down. In one year. I graduated at 16.

The ONLY subject I had difficulty with was foreign languages. My grandfather helped me with that. Considering he was fluent in 9 languages, that wasn't an issue.

I screwed myself though, I was technically a high school drop out. I had to stay in public school until I was old enough to drop out. Ruined any college ambitions. The state I live in doesn't allow you to drop out once you enroll, even with parents consent, until you're of a certain age.
    Last edited by Loser; 05-28-2014 at 05:52 PM.

I already have your name on my butthole...too bad the tattoo artist couldn't spell
    Looser
    murder my ass..shove it up my ass....both are beautiful terms of endearment

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Loser For This Useful Post:

FBD (05-28-2014)

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thats not bad, I dont think my son has the self motivation as of yet, but maybe if he knew he could only have to go to school half the time it would motivate him

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    Thats not bad, I dont think my son has the self motivation as of yet, but maybe if he knew he could only have to go to school half the time it would motivate him
    Wish i'd known that

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I would probably have signed onto to that plan as well