Page 225 of 478 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 275 325 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 7156

Thread: :rbp:

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    You've been asking me for years why I hate women. I do not. And yet, over time, you've come to agree. When the larger reality is discussed, you again put your head in the sand. That's exactly why we are where we are.
    You are fbd on this though.. You said something about listening to feminist podcasts.. You are so immersed in this subject that you have become as extreme as some of the other groups we bust on.. As an example the people that find racism where it really doesnt exist. Are there feminist women out there? Yes. Is this their time? Yes. Are they any more of a threat than white supremacy or the blm movement? Its all relative to where you are sitting I guess and what you perceive as a threat. Im not trying to bust your chops here.. Just being honest and sharing my thoughts.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (02-23-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    I still think cards are stacked in a man's favor, especially in less developed countries. More women are education but less end up in positions of power. What does that say? Individual examples and some groups, yes, but I don't see systematic attempts by women to suppress men. Easy to forget that the mothers of every person were/are women. Are you saying they want their sons not to succeed? Come on mate

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    I still think cards are stacked in a man's favor, especially in less developed countries. More women are education but less end up in positions of power. What does that say? Individual examples and some groups, yes, but I don't see systematic attempts by women to suppress men. Easy to forget that the mothers of every person were/are women. Are you saying they want their sons not to succeed? Come on mate
    But they aren't succeeding and male child preference is over in western culture; there is no longer an advantage to the "first born son". You have more access to data than most. Feel free to prove me wrong.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    You are fbd on this though.. You said something about listening to feminist podcasts.. You are so immersed in this subject that you have become as extreme as some of the other groups we bust on.. As an example the people that find racism where it really doesnt exist. Are there feminist women out there? Yes. Is this their time? Yes. Are they any more of a threat than white supremacy or the blm movement? Its all relative to where you are sitting I guess and what you perceive as a threat. Im not trying to bust your chops here.. Just being honest and sharing my thoughts.
    And your thoughts are appreciated, albeit a gross misinterpretation of my motivation. You think what upsets me is the screechers. They are a mosquito.

Maybe I shouldn't care about the boys failing. I don't have kids. Fuck 'em.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    But they aren't succeeding and male child preference is over in western culture; there is no longer an advantage to the "first born son". You have more access to data than most. Feel free to prove me wrong.
    I think first born sons achieve better as they are pushed harder. Probably less happy. Pure anecdote!

Many fields have more males: engineering & hard science for example. There are more women in health such as psychology and nursing. Of important not women do not translate academic ability into jobs and income as well as men.

However it's hard to prove that the lack of numbers is due to lack of interest, feeling intimidated, or ( controversially) lack of ability.

Do you think if your current domestic situation were reversed ( and it well could be) that you would feel as strongly about this?
    Last edited by lost in melb.; 02-24-2019 at 07:10 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I think first born sons achieve better as they are pushed harder. Probably less happy. Pure anecdote!

Many fields have more males: engineering & hard science for example. There are more women in health such as psychology and nursing. Of important not women do not translate academic ability into jobs and income as well as men.

However it's hard to prove that the lack of numbers is due to lack of interest, feeling intimidated, or ( controversially) lack of ability.

Do you think if your current domestic situation were reversed ( and it well could be) that you would feel as strongly about this?
    I have been on this subject for probably 16+ years, starting with Christina Hoff Sommer's "The war against boys" published in 2000. There is a ton of related literature if you look for it. Your implication that my "current domestic situation" has anything to do with this is just ignorant. Seeking a psychological trigger implies a pathology bias, doctor. Now the abusive first marriage? Maybe.

Your notion on first born sons is no longer true. Your notion that women don't translate education into jobs and income as well as men is also no longer true.

That's the most frustrating thing about trying to discuss this with anyone. Not only are boys and men being completely outperformed, most men are blissfully ignorant of the size of the power shift. It has radical implications not just for men and masculinity, but for society. I tend to think the gender role, economic power role, difficulties will work themselves out, largely with men playing subordinate earning roles. What I don't see working out is filling the void by females who abdicate social structure roles. Women have been the keepers of tradition, social mores, and maintainers of civility and decorum. The older women still keep us all in line, but that is lost on the generations coming behind them.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (02-25-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-24-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (02-25-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I have been on this subject for probably 16+ years, starting with Christina Hoff Sommer's "The war against boys" published in 2000. There is a ton of related literature if you look for it. Your implication that my "current domestic situation" has anything to do with this is just ignorant. Seeking a psychological trigger implies a pathology bias, doctor. Now the abusive first marriage? Maybe.
    Well, if I had you in the chair I'd be a lot more subtle. I'm sure you are aware that as a clinician I had to eliminate the most obvious explanation first

Since you haven't exploded with rage it is probably safe to say it's not an overwhelming factor

Your notion on first born sons is no longer true. Your notion that women don't translate education into jobs and income as well as men is also no longer true.

That's the most frustrating thing about trying to discuss this with anyone. Not only are boys and men being completely outperformed, most men are blissfully ignorant of the size of the power shift. It has radical implications not just for men and masculinity, but for society. I tend to think the gender role, economic power role, difficulties will work themselves out, largely with men playing subordinate earning roles. What I don't see working out is filling the void by females who abdicate social structure roles. Women have been the keepers of tradition, social mores, and maintainers of civility and decorum. The older women still keep us all in line, but that is lost on the generations coming behind them.
    Got any evidence to support first paragraph, last sentence ( sorry typing phone). I'm genuinely curious to have my ignorance dispelled!

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Got any evidence to support first paragraph, last sentence ( sorry typing phone). I'm genuinely curious to have my ignorance dispelled!
    Wage issues are always tricky. I would be hypocritical to argue that the wage gap has been debunked on one side and then use the same analysis to prove the opposite point. However, the trend lines seem pretty clear. Women are earning 3 college degrees for every 2 males. And single women in metropolitan areas, the trending demographic for societal change, are earning more than single men. Again, it's very hard to update wage data, so we can only use published reports to evaluate.

That is an American Enterprise Institute graph using data collected in a Time magazine study.

Time: http://content.time.com/time/busines...015274,00.html
    Politifact: https://www.politifact.com/punditfac...-cities-gop-p/

But despite Muddy's dig at me paying attention to feminist voices, I do so for Hanna Rosin. She was, and is, the first liberal feminist voice to openly admit to victory. That carries weight in my mind. She admits that the rape rates are the lowest in recorded history and how radical feminists hate that fact. She admits that boys and men are failing, although her exploitation of that issue is a bit self-serving and legitimate systemic explanations tend to get ignored.

For example, she admits that the rate of female workplace dominance has accelerated. She further admits that once females controlled HR, they hired more females. But she ignored the role that the more than 50% (now) female managers play in the hiring preferences that accelerate the transition.

Anyone that would like a link to the audiobook version of her book is welcome to ask. I'll even scan the bibliography if requested.

Hope that is a small answer to your question. But I suspect you didn't need an answer you could easily find yourself. You were asking to gauge my response.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (02-25-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (02-25-2019), Hal-9000 (02-25-2019), Muddy (02-25-2019), RBP (02-25-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (02-26-2019), RBP (02-25-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (02-25-2019), Muddy (02-25-2019), RBP (02-26-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I should get that on a teeshirt.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    And somewhere in the midst of this all there's going be a confused kid

22. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (02-26-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Wage issues are always tricky. I would be hypocritical to argue that the wage gap has been debunked on one side and then use the same analysis to prove the opposite point. However, the trend lines seem pretty clear. Women are earning 3 college degrees for every 2 males. And single women in metropolitan areas, the trending demographic for societal change, are earning more than single men. Again, it's very hard to update wage data, so we can only use published reports to evaluate.

That is an American Enterprise Institute graph using data collected in a Time magazine study.

Time: http://content.time.com/time/busines...015274,00.html
    Politifact: https://www.politifact.com/punditfac...-cities-gop-p/

But despite Muddy's dig at me paying attention to feminist voices, I do so for Hanna Rosin. She was, and is, the first liberal feminist voice to openly admit to victory. That carries weight in my mind. She admits that the rape rates are the lowest in recorded history and how radical feminists hate that fact. She admits that boys and men are failing, although her exploitation of that issue is a bit self-serving and legitimate systemic explanations tend to get ignored.

For example, she admits that the rate of female workplace dominance has accelerated. She further admits that once females controlled HR, they hired more females. But she ignored the role that the more than 50% (now) female managers play in the hiring preferences that accelerate the transition.

Anyone that would like a link to the audiobook version of her book is welcome to ask. I'll even scan the bibliography if requested.

Hope that is a small answer to your question. But I suspect you didn't need an answer you could easily find yourself. You were asking to gauge my response.
    No, I couldn't find any systematic data. I call this a little cherry-picky, certain demographic, certain cities, certain types of work... still it's valid so thanks for the effort.

Quite frankly I'm used to HR and psychology being female dominated. They like this stuff more than males. But you're talking about systematic exclusion of males by female-dominated areas, correct?

Time to quit beating around the bush...assuming it's true and talking generally, worst scenario where do you see this heading ultimately ( right to the end of your chain of thoughts) and why does it concern you?