Page 115 of 478 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 7156

Thread: :rbp:

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    This is perhaps my favorite thread, but it does not foster an optimistic worldview
    That implies the world is worthy of an optimistic world view. We like to pretend, but the number of humans that live without basic needs being met is staggering. And then we have bored, spoiled, Westerners, who spend their lives on expensive electronics inventing bullshit to fill some purpose-void in their lives of relative luxury. Humans often lack humanity and it pisses me off sometimes...
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (02-26-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Sanity Sunday

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-26-2018), Teh One Who Knocks (02-26-2018)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    That implies the world is worthy of an optimistic world view. We like to pretend, but the number of humans that live without basic needs being met is staggering. And then we have bored, spoiled, Westerners, who spend their lives on expensive electronics inventing bullshit to fill some purpose-void in their lives of relative luxury. Humans often lack humanity and it pisses me off sometimes...

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (02-26-2018), RBP (02-26-2018), Teh One Who Knocks (02-27-2018), The Monk (03-03-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (02-26-2018), RBP (02-27-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Wanted to have a little chat about this. If you like the rock group Hedley, better get your songs now. The lead singer has been accused of sexual assault and another instance I'd like to discuss.

First claimant says the lead singer committed a brutal rape against her. Second claim is below.

There's a local woman that works as a DJ at one of our radio stations. She claims seven years ago while doing some PR with the station, that the lead singer 'made a suggestive comment and tapped her ass.' It was during a press tour and they were surrounded by people. After she complimented the band, the singer allegedly made a comment about 'getting some oral sex' and touched her ass. It was framed as a joke and everyone there heard it. None of the exchange was whispered or private.

From her statement:

"There were four or five other people there at the time, including representatives of the band and its record label, Summers said."

“It’s not like he said it to me in a dark hallway or in secret or anything,” said Summers. “He said it out loud like it was a joke, but it still made me feel uncomfortable.”

The lead singer has yet to be charged or shown evidence that he raped the first person in question. He claims she was a fan and they had consensual sex after a show.

The second incident with the DJ played out like this - In a group, the female DJ complimented the group and the singer. He made a comment in jest about getting a favor if they were that good. Then later, they were taking pictures and the same DJ stood beside the singer closely, arms around each other and he touched or grabbed her ass quickly after the pictures were taken.

I don't support things done against anyone's will and realize a lot of these old claims can be legitimate. But this DJ thing seems like piling on after she heard about the first incident. She had freely admitted that it was minor, and that no one else commented about his actions at the time. And she went and snuggled with him for pictures after the comment was made.

One of our female university profs on TV says that the #metoo movement is dangerous, we have to be careful not to vilify men. She said it's a one sided conversation and men are not being given a chance to defend themselves. I could have kissed her through the TV...well, shaken her hand anyways

Apologies, but I feel the DJ's story is just her trying to beef up the original claim by the other fan.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-02-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    #metoo is the social justice equivalent of owning ugg boots. Once it became popular everyone had to have a story.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    When I first got paralyzed back in '92, I was admitted into a hospital to make sure that shit wasn't going to get worse. A large black nurse, whose name I can't remember, kept commenting about how nice my ass was, because at the time, the injury was pretty new, and I hadn't yet lost any of the muscle mass and tonality that I had as a teenage athlete. Furthermore, being in a critical care unit in the hospital, nurses and doctors were poking and prodding me in all manners of states of undress, so it's not like my privacy was being violated. I laughed about it at the time. It still makes me chuckle to this day.

But given the current politically charged environment today, if I could remember that nurse's name, how much do you think I could get in compensation if I changed my tune and said her comments made me feel violated?

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-03-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Not much, Honky..

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Dammit

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Muddy (03-03-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Wanted to have a little chat about this. If you like the rock group Hedley, better get your songs now. The lead singer has been accused of sexual assault and another instance I'd like to discuss.

First claimant says the lead singer committed a brutal rape against her. Second claim is below.

There's a local woman that works as a DJ at one of our radio stations. She claims seven years ago while doing some PR with the station, that the lead singer 'made a suggestive comment and tapped her ass.' It was during a press tour and they were surrounded by people. After she complimented the band, the singer allegedly made a comment about 'getting some oral sex' and touched her ass. It was framed as a joke and everyone there heard it. None of the exchange was whispered or private.

From her statement:

"There were four or five other people there at the time, including representatives of the band and its record label, Summers said."

“It’s not like he said it to me in a dark hallway or in secret or anything,” said Summers. “He said it out loud like it was a joke, but it still made me feel uncomfortable.”

The lead singer has yet to be charged or shown evidence that he raped the first person in question. He claims she was a fan and they had consensual sex after a show.

The second incident with the DJ played out like this - In a group, the female DJ complimented the group and the singer. He made a comment in jest about getting a favor if they were that good. Then later, they were taking pictures and the same DJ stood beside the singer closely, arms around each other and he touched or grabbed her ass quickly after the pictures were taken.

I don't support things done against anyone's will and realize a lot of these old claims can be legitimate. But this DJ thing seems like piling on after she heard about the first incident. She had freely admitted that it was minor, and that no one else commented about his actions at the time. And she went and snuggled with him for pictures after the comment was made.

One of our female university profs on TV says that the #metoo movement is dangerous, we have to be careful not to vilify men. She said it's a one sided conversation and men are not being given a chance to defend themselves. I could have kissed her through the TV...well, shaken her hand anyways

Apologies, but I feel the DJ's story is just her trying to beef up the original claim by the other fan.

That explains why Monica Lewinsky is now putting her two bits worth into it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post

21. The Following User Says Thank You to The Monk For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-03-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monk View Post

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monk View Post
    That explains why Monica Lewinsky is now putting her two bits worth into it.
    She blew the pres, he spunked on her dress, and she had the presence of mind to seal the dress in plastic and not wash it for months.

When the incident first hit the news she portrayed herself as anything but a victim. She was enamored with Clinton/the president.