Page 226 of 478 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 236 276 326 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 7156

Thread: :rbp:

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    No, I couldn't find any systematic data. I call this a little cherry-picky, certain demographic, certain cities, certain types of work... still it's valid so thanks for the effort.

Quite frankly I'm used to HR and psychology being female dominated. They like this stuff more than males. But you're talking about systematic exclusion of males by female-dominated areas, correct?

Time to quit beating around the bush...assuming it's true and talking generally, worst scenario where do you see this heading ultimately ( right to the end of your chain of thoughts) and why does it concern you?
    First, the reason I find that data credible is is strips away the life choices that muddies the wage data. Just single men and single women working full time careers.

HR and and psychology are decent examples but hardly the only. First, without understanding reasoning, men move away from fields that become female dominated. You can argue why that is... historically it was because they were then viewed as less prestigious. That accelerates it. It is also true them women hire more women. The system stays the same, basically, where the boys network becomes the girls network. Said another way, the patriarchy gets replaced by a matriarchy functioning the same way. In the current environment, there is likely more direct exclusion as women are socially instructed that men are bad and promoting female hiring is progressive. That's my conjecture, but follows a logical path.

I think I have outlined why it concerns me ad nauseum. There is nothing to assume regarding the truth of the data. Boys and men are failing and women are dominating - it's gotten progressively worse for over 20 years. We can either accept this as the new reality, or try to understand why and stop the bleeding. Why are boys failing in school, getting disciplined and medicated at disproportionate rates, and graduating at lower rates? Why are men entering college at lower rates, down to 40% of enrollments? Why are men then not graduating? With an industrial base decimated, what are the job prospects? Translate that to relationships where men are far more willing to marry down economically than women - is that the reason marriages rates are falling off the table and single mothers have peaked? Men are have lost the aggressive edge to compete and it shows in myriad cultural ways. Longer term, who are the keepers of tradition? Who are the keepers of family and social mores? What impact does creating an economic necessity for females to work long hours have on families and children?

I am not sure what you find objectionable in taking the position that men should understand their role in society and work their best interests. The feminists tell us to just become feminists and everything will be great. Utter tripe. Female advocacy does not have the future of men in society as their priority. The SJW base, which is the new radical feminism (not my words), despises cishet white males. I think that's a fair characterization given what we see and hear.

Most men are passively going about, as if nothing has changed. Yet everything has. Does it concern me that little attention is paid to men who are struggling now and what the trends indicate for larger struggles of men going forward? It does.

While the feminist goals have been achieved, the berating continues. Even with the data to support it. It doesn't matter. You want to know my end game? How can I answer that against the backdrop of aggressive female advocacy and men that continue to capitulate? I can't tell you how the game ends because we aren't even playing the game.

Edit: one afterthought. I don't think we need any more evidence than the explosion of Jordan Peterson. His seminars sell out all over the country. All Jordan Peterson is doing is reeducating men on how to be men. Let that wash over you.

Edit 2: I probably am jaded. I was just vacuuming while running both the dishwasher and the clothes dryer, periodically checking my phone hoping that some millennial named "zoey" would call me back about job placement.
    Last edited by RBP; 02-26-2019 at 06:01 PM.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    And somewhere in the midst of this all there's going be a confused kid

Yes and they talk about raising children in an open environment with no boundaries. The child will still look at other families and wonder - How come my Dad is a hot woman and my Mom has a beard?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (02-28-2019), RBP (02-26-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-26-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Is that Kamala Harris? ^^

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Is that Kamala Harris? ^^
    You're getting dangerously close to "they all look alike".

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (02-26-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-26-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Go home terrorist! ^^

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-26-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-27-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Toxic

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Shameful. Fucking Canadians.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    First, the reason I find that data credible is is strips away the life choices that muddies the wage data. Just single men and single women working full time careers.

HR and and psychology are decent examples but hardly the only. First, without understanding reasoning, men move away from fields that become female dominated. You can argue why that is... historically it was because they were then viewed as less prestigious. That accelerates it. It is also true them women hire more women. The system stays the same, basically, where the boys network becomes the girls network. Said another way, the patriarchy gets replaced by a matriarchy functioning the same way. In the current environment, there is likely more direct exclusion as women are socially instructed that men are bad and promoting female hiring is progressive. That's my conjecture, but follows a logical path.

I think I have outlined why it concerns me ad nauseum. There is nothing to assume regarding the truth of the data. Boys and men are failing and women are dominating - it's gotten progressively worse for over 20 years. We can either accept this as the new reality, or try to understand why and stop the bleeding. Why are boys failing in school, getting disciplined and medicated at disproportionate rates, and graduating at lower rates? Why are men entering college at lower rates, down to 40% of enrollments? Why are men then not graduating? With an industrial base decimated, what are the job prospects? Translate that to relationships where men are far more willing to marry down economically than women - is that the reason marriages rates are falling off the table and single mothers have peaked? Men are have lost the aggressive edge to compete and it shows in myriad cultural ways. Longer term, who are the keepers of tradition? Who are the keepers of family and social mores? What impact does creating an economic necessity for females to work long hours have on families and children?

I am not sure what you find objectionable in taking the position that men should understand their role in society and work their best interests. The feminists tell us to just become feminists and everything will be great. Utter tripe. Female advocacy does not have the future of men in society as their priority. The SJW base, which is the new radical feminism (not my words), despises cishet white males. I think that's a fair characterization given what we see and hear.

Most men are passively going about, as if nothing has changed. Yet everything has. Does it concern me that little attention is paid to men who are struggling now and what the trends indicate for larger struggles of men going forward? It does.

While the feminist goals have been achieved, the berating continues. Even with the data to support it. It doesn't matter. You want to know my end game? How can I answer that against the backdrop of aggressive female advocacy and men that continue to capitulate? I can't tell you how the game ends because we aren't even playing the game.

Edit: one afterthought. I don't think we need any more evidence than the explosion of Jordan Peterson. His seminars sell out all over the country. All Jordan Peterson is doing is reeducating men on how to be men. Let that wash over you.

Edit 2: I probably am jaded. I was just vacuuming while running both the dishwasher and the clothes dryer, periodically checking my phone hoping that some millennial named "zoey" would call me back about job placement.
    Thanks for sharing. I have plenty of counter-arguments but I suspect they won't make a difference. Interesting perspective!

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Pope Francis says feminism is 'machismo with a skirt'

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts

I"ll check him out.

Now that I am in front of a computer not a phone, I wanted to add my ex-gf said that nothing turned her on more than a guy doing the dishes- with a tea towel over his arm - but you've got to be wearing a crisp fresh shirt for this to work

Although now that I have spent some quality time thinking about your thread I feel I was being manipulated into doing housework while she assumes control of the power dynamic and renders my pathetic ass into bondage.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-28-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    You'll never become an ally with that attitude

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-28-2019)