Thread: 30 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Minions From “Despicable Me”

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Interesting 30 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Minions From “Despicable Me”

1. In Despicable Me, the Minions’ teeth are slightly crooked, while in Despicable Me 2, they are aligned.

2. There are only 5 natural hairstyles for Minions in the Despicable Me films, including being bald.

3. Despite the limited number of distinct varieties of Minion, over 10,400 have been seen at once in advertisements and onscreen.

4. In the ride “Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem” at Universal Studios, Gru has a gun that can turn humans into Minions. This is not, however, the way Minions were first created.

5. Tall minions all have the same haircut.

6. One-eyed minions are rarely tall.

7. The directors of Despicable Me have stated that Minions were written into the script to make Gru more likeable.

8. They found the easiest way to do this was to surround him with incompetence.

9. The Minions were initially supposed to be large and orc-like, but through development they kept getting smaller and smaller.

10. The Minions were partly inspired by the Jawas in the original Star Wars franchise, and the Oompa Loompas in Willy Wonka.

11. Minions have only three fingers.

12. All Minions playing a significant role in the films are given male names.

13. If Minions have a sex and how they reproduce is unknown.

14. To promote Despicable Me 2, a blimp fashioned after a Minion was flown around the US.

15. At the time, the Despicablimp was one of only 15 airships flying worldwide.

16. Minions can survive in outer space, meaning they resist freezing and do not need to breathe oxygen.

17. Minions are now the official mascot of Illumination Entertainment.

18. Minions have been licensed by McDonalds, Hasbro, General Mills.

19. Despicable Me 2 was the first time since Jurassic Park that McDonalds and General Mills joined marketing for a Universal Studios film.

20. Chiquita Banana created over a half a billion stickers featuring Minions for their product ahead of the release of Despicable Me 2.

21. Minions speak a mixture of Spanish, English, French, and Italian, with additional elements of Russian and Korean.

22. The Minions in Despicable Me are voiced by the directors of the film, Pierre Coffin and Chris Renaud.

23. The evil Minions are purple because purple and yellow are on opposite sides of the color spectrum.

24. The idea for the evil Minions came from a cartoon in which Tweety Bird drinks a potion and turns into a monster.

25. The Minions are getting their own animated film.

26. Sandra Bullock and John Hamm are set to costar.

27. It’s called - of course - Minions. It will be released July 10, 2015.

28. The Minions plot will be an origin story, showing their evolution from yellow single-celled organisms to their current adorably nefarious state.

29. Bullock and Hamm will play the Minions’ first supervillain overlords.

30. A third Despicable Me film has also been confirmed by Universal for Summer 2017.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Love that last gif

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts