Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian government caught changing Wikipedia entry on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17: report

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Oops Russian government caught changing Wikipedia entry on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17: report

BY David Harding - NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

The Russian government has reportedly been trying to tamper with the Wikipedia page relating to the Malaysian Airlines MH17 flight tragedy.

A Twitter bot that keeps watch on Wikipedia pages edited by Moscow spotted major changes to an entry about the crash.

A Russian language page originally said that the plane was "shot down by terrorists of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic.”

This was subsequently changed to was "shot down by Ukrainian soldiers."

The edit was discovered by an automated Twitter account @RUGoveEdits, which keeps an eye on changes to Wikipedia made by the Russian government, reports The Telegraph.

So far, the Russian government has denied any responsibility for the crash that left 298 people dead.

Despite many pointing the finger at the Russian-backed rebels, Moscow said Ukraine bears "responsibility" for the tragedy.

President Obama said the passenger plane, flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, was shot down by a surface-to-air missile.

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,822 Times in 3,934 Posts
    Amazing all the news that is not even ON in this country.

So tell us, then, why did Ukranian airspace tell the plane to fly at 33,000 feet instead of its usual 55,000??? Why was the normal altitude 'restricted'??

'Splain that one to me, pseudo government in Kiev!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 869 Posts
    Doesn't matter FBD, the rocket that shot down the plane could reach 75,000 feet and was radar guided.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    I already have your name on my butthole...too bad the tattoo artist couldn't spell
    Looser
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    murder my ass..shove it up my ass....both are beautiful terms of endearment

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Loser For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (07-21-2014)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    I'm starting to think that FBD is Russian.

Russia should pay heavily for this whole shindig. Unfortunately, because they're a permanent member of the UN, it'll never happen.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 863 Posts
    We should recall our ambassadors from Russia and boot theirs from here; bar Russian banks from our financial system, and discount natural gas we produce and sell it to Europe to replace Russian sales.

Would probably get better results than putting Secretary of State Kerry on the talk show circuit to orate the Russians to death.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to perrhaps For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    your math is a little off, loser

Reuters points out:

As Russia and Ukraine trade blame over the apparent shooting down of a Malaysian airliner, they appear to agree on one thing: the type of Soviet-era missile that brought it down.

But if an SA-11 Buk missile, known as “Gadfly” in NATO, struck the aircraft and killed all 298 on board, that won’t solve the mystery of who did it: Russia, Ukraine and Russian-speaking rebels have all claimed the missile in their arsenals.
    BUK/SA-11 by the numbers:

Simultaneous targets (when used with radar and command post): 18

Slant range: 9800 meters 6.08 miles

Altitude: 22,000 metres 13.67 miles

Speed of rockets launched:3,000 km/hr
    So since all sides seem to agree that this was an SA-11, it was close to impossible for the site they pointed the finger at to have shot this plane down. But it still seems that everyone wants to refuse to consider an air to air missile having taken this plane down...it seems the SA-11 was fingered as the obvious ground based method. The next step up in SA missile is much much more complex than the SA-11 buk system, I dont know how they ruled it out other than "no way the separatists had that setup." But the Russians know exactly what they sold to the Ukranian military. And many of the system's capabilities see boosted by some reports, what I quoted above was a little lower than what was on wiki's SA-11 page, for example.

Did you see the story about a Ukranian fighter jet getting shot down on the same day? (would not be surprised if you didnt.) Of course, the Russians were shooting down quite a few of Ukraine's military planes, on a regular basis. You dont hear that reported in our media here. You dont see the shit like Ukranian military shelling a town in eastern ukr and killing 60 people, like happened in the last couple days.

http://en.itar-tass.com/russia/741521
    Kiev’s evidence of militia’s responsibility for airliner crash faked - expert
    “This audio recording is not an integral file and is made up of several fragments,” said Nikolai Popov, a reputable expert in sound and voice analysis.

and also consider that no actual information about the plane, its type, origin, flight # etc, are mentioned in that "recording."

Or if you consider that supposedly a plane carrying Putin was in a very similar window...
    http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014...craig-roberts/

The Interfax news agency citing anonymous sources, apparently air traffic controllers, reported that the Malaysian airliner and Putin’s airliner were traveling almost the identical route within a few minutes of one another. Interfax quotes its source: “I can say that Putin’s plane and the Malaysian Boeing intersected at the same point and the same echelon. That was close to Warsaw on 330-m echelon at the height of 10,100 meters. The presidential jet was there at 16:21 Moscow time and the Malaysian aircraft at 15:44 Moscow time. The contours of the aircrafts are similar, linear dimensions are also very similar, as for the coloring, at a quite remote distance they are almost identical.”

I have not seen an official Russian denial, but according to news reports, the Russian government in response to the Interfax news report said that Putin’s presidential plane no longer flies the Ukraine route since the outbreak of hostilities.

So why then would Kiev do this...

BBC reports "Ukraine's SBU security service has confiscated recordings of conversations between Ukrainian air traffic control officers and the crew of the doomed airliner, a source in Kiev has told Interfax news agency."

Because they dont want people to know that the air traffic controllers were directed to tell the plane to fly abnormally low.

As Star Tribune reports,

Rebels have recovered the black boxes from downed Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 and will hand them over to the International Civil Aviation Organization, a rebel leader said Sunday
    and the "west?" (or would youo like me to just say, at the behest of the international banking cartel,)

The US is pushing the "Russia is responsible" meme harder this weekend...

The U.S. embassy in Kiev issued a strong statement Sunday pointing to Russian complicity in arming the rebels, saying it has concluded "that Flight MH17 was likely downed by a SA-11 surface-to-air missile from separatist-controlled territory in eastern Ukraine."

It said over the weekend of July 12-13, "Russia sent a convoy of military equipment with up to 150 vehicles, including tanks armored personnel carriers artillery, and multiple rockets launchers" to the separatists. The statement also said Russia was training separatist fighters in southwest Russia, including on air defense systems.

And the rest of The West...

In a blistering article for the Sunday Times, British Prime Minister David Cameron called the attack a "direct result of Russia destabilizing a sovereign state, violating its territorial integrity, backing thuggish militias and training and arming them."

"We must turn this moment of outrage into a moment of action," he wrote.

In a coded rebuke of German Chancellor Angela Merkel and other European leaders who have blocked efforts to impose tougher sanctions on Russian President Vladimir Putin for Russia's actions in Ukraine, Cameron said Europe must now "respond robustly."

"For too long, there has been a reluctance on the part of too many European countries to face up to the implications of what is happening in eastern Ukraine," Cameron wrote.

Dutch Foreign Minister Frans Timmermans, speaking in Kiev, demanded that the culprits be found.

"Once we have the proof, we will not stop until the people are brought to justice

Here is Putin's speech from yesterday

And a transcript:

In connection with the terrible tragic events that happened in the skies over Donetsk, I would like to explain once again Russian attitude to events that are taking place in Ukraine.

We have repeatedly called on all parties of the conflict to immediately stop the bloodshed and sit down at the negotiating table. We strongly believe that if military action in the East of Ukraine was not renewed on the 28th of June, this tragedy most likely wouldn’t have happened. However, no one should have the right to use this tragedy to pursue egoistic political aims. Such events should unite and not divide people. It is necessary that all the people who are accounted for the situation in the region took more responsibility and reported to their own people and to the peoples of those countries whose representatives have become victims of this disaster.

Everything must be done to ensure the safety of international experts on the crash scene. Today representatives of Donbass, Donetsk, representatives of Ministry of Emergency Situations of Ukraine and Malaysian experts are already working there. But this is not enough. It is necessary to ensure that at the crash site works a full team of experts under the auspices of ICAO, the corresponding international commission. We must do everything to provide them with full and absolute security and all humanitarian corridors necessary for their operation.

In its turn, Russia will do everything possible to transfer the conflict in Eastern Ukraine from today's military phase to a discussion at the negotiating table, using exclusively peaceful and diplomatic means.

Now who seems like they want to do what?

We're all being lied to, YET AGAIN. The information is out there, if you care to go look for it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Putin's full of shit.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I'm starting to think that FBD is Russian.

Russia should pay heavily for this whole shindig. Unfortunately, because they're a permanent member of the UN, it'll never happen.
    my great grumps was from Kyiv, Russia...and refused to ever acknowledge the creation of the country of Ukraine. but that is entirely aside the point, because I am more interested in calling balls and strikes instead of making sure "my team" wins at any and all costs.

your second statement is *exactly* to a T what the intended reaction this propaganda was designed to elicit.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    and wrt the OP - anyone can edit a wiki entry when they see something that is obviously incorrect, right? that's been my experience with it, I went and rewrote some wiki postings on internal alchemy before.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    So you are a Russian, you commie bastard!!!

I sincerely believe that Putin and the Russian government is aiding the rebels in an attempt to regain the territories they lost when the Soviet Union fell. The Ukraine technically was never it's own country until '91, but that doesn't mean they don't deserve to be their own country now. But now, since our President is a fucking pussy, Mr Ex-KGB Putin feels there's no one to stop him from doing this duplicitous shit. It's their way. The Russians won't respect us because we're weaker, and everybody else is expecting us to be the world police to keep Russia in line.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    as it has been created, as it has been told...

I sincerely think that the international banking cartel believe any means will justify the ends of indebting any and all nations to them. You see what they have done to the US, to all these countries in europe...anyone that has gone against the petrodollar has been murdered, like saddam and khaddafi (brutal as they were, brutal only becomes a problem when they want gold for their oil instead of dollars...) and starting a war is not past them. All of these wars have been started by these people. This MH11 situation is an attempt at another Franz Ferdinand setup.

And as far as regaining territories for Russia, go look at the gas pipelines, that's all I gotta say. You think Ukraine, Crimea is strategic for no reason? 50 years of NATO containment strategy, hoss. You can see that, right?

After all the nefarious shit that our government has done...believing a story simply because "it was told by your side" is....how can I word this non offensively...

Critical thinking skills havent been taught in schools in forever for a reason.

Is there any other reason conceivable that Russia would do this? Is war some guarantee for them to "recover lost lands?" Not at all.

Is there any conceivable reason for US-EU-NATO-IMF alphabet soup to do this? Attack and isolate Russia as a containment strategy, who benefits from Russia losing their ability to get gas to the sea via those pipelines in ukraine and crimea???

ALWAYS ASK CUI BONO!!!! Who benefits from these actions?

You dont even see the atrocities committed by the figureheads installed in kiev, it is not reported - WHY....the media reports only what its told to!

I call them figureheads because I went and researched all the information about how this situation came about there. They are figureheads installed by a coup that nobody reported.

"serparatists" dont want to be under the IMF's thumb and have their grandchildren indebted to the international banking cartel? well hell we must eradicate them!!! I dont want my grandchildren indebted to them either, but I have no choice as it was already done long long ago.

Russians do not necessarily want to be "on the side" of the international banking cartel (even though they do significant business with them it appears...but then again, any country that does business...) and that's a bad thing? No, no. It is a good thing, trust me.

It sucks when your leaders are on the wrong side of a conflict, pushing as hard as they can towards outright war, what do you do about it.
    Last edited by FBD; 07-21-2014 at 03:07 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Ukraine hasn’t said how it immediately knew rebels downed Malaysian plane, notes the Russian Foreign Ministry, as it unveils 10 awkward questions for Ukraine (and perhaps the US 'snap judgment') to answer about the MH17 disaster. However, what is perhaps more concerning for the hordes of finger-pointers is that:

RUSSIA HAS IMAGES OF UKRAINE DEPLOYING BUK ROCKETS IN EAST: IFX
    RUSSIA: UKRAINE MOVED BUK NEAR REBELS IN DONETSK JULY 17: IFX
    RUSSIA DETECTED UKRAINIAN FIGHTER JET PICK UP SPEED TOWARD MH17

Russia wants to know why Ukraine moved its BUK missiles systems the day of the MH17 crash:

RUSSIAN GENERAL STAFF HAS SPACE IMAGES OF SECTORS OF UKRAINIAN FORCES' POSITIONS IN SOUTHEASTERN UKRAINE, INCLUDING BUK MISSILE LUNCH SITES 8 KILOMETERS FROM LUHANSK - RUSSIAN DEFENSE MINISTRY - interfax

The day the Malaysian airliner crashed, the Ukrainian forces deployed an air defense group of three or four Buk-M1 missile batteries near Donetsk, Lt. Gen. Andrei Kartapolov, head of the Russian General Staff's Main Operations Department, told reporters on Monday.IMHO Lugansk is also out of the correct range for an SA-11 attack...

"These surface-to-air systems are capable of hitting targets at a distance of up to 35 kilometers at an altitude of 22 kilometers. For what purpose and against whom were these missile systems deployed? As is known, the militia has no aviation," he said.

Russia has the flight paths of the Ukrainian fighters and MH17. Furthermore, it is asking the same question we asked last Thurday:

RUSSIA SAYS MH17 DIVERGED 14 KM FROM FLIGHT PATH NEAR DONETSK

And wants to know why. The image (as seen in the presentation above) allegedly shows Ukraine fighter jets near MH17:

“A Ukraine Air Force military jet was detected gaining height, it’s distance from the Malaysian Boeing was 3 to 5km,” said the head of the Main Operations Directorate of the HQ of Russia’s military forces, Lieutenant-General Andrey Kartopolov speaking at a media conference in Moscow on Monday.

“[We] would like to get an explanation as to why the military jet was flying along a civil aviation corridor at almost the same time and at the same level as a passenger plane,” he stated.

“The SU-25 fighter jet can gain an altitude of 10km, according to its specification,” he added. “It’s equipped with air-to-air R-60 missiles that can hit a target at a distance up to 12km, up to 5km for sure.”

The presence of the Ukrainian military jet can be confirmed by video shots made by the Rostov monitoring center, Kartopolov stated.
    I did say air to air, right that was just by my own logic.

And asks for US proof of their accusations:

RUSSIA SAYS U.S. SATELLITE FLEW OVER MH17 AT TIME IT WAS DOWNED... which would provide all the proof needed to show who is responsible - so why hasn't the US explained this or shown it?
    RUSSIA ASKS U.S. FOR EVIDENCE ROCKET FIRED FROM REBEL-HELD AREA
    RUSSIA: NO U.S. PROOF THAT MISSILE FIRED FROM REBEL-HELD AREA
    DEFENCE MINISTRY SAYS RUSSIA DID NOT DELIVER ANY SA-11 BUK MISSILE SYSTEMS TO SEPARATISTS IN EASTERN UKRAINE "OR ANY OTHER WEAPONS"

10 questions for the Ukranian gov:

1. Ukrainian authorities immediately identified the militia as the perpetrators of the tragedy. What is the basis of such findings?

2. Could official Kiev to report all the details of using [BUKs] in a war zone? Most importantly - why these systems are deployed there, as the militia no planes?

3. What are the causes of inactivity of Ukrainian authorities on the formation of an international commission? When such a committee will work?

4. Are the armed forces of Ukraine international experts to present papers on accounting for missiles, air-to-air and ground-to-air ammo and anti-aircraft missiles?

5. Whether these funds objective control on the movement of the Ukrainian Air Force aircraft on the day of the tragedy brought international commission?

6. Why Ukrainian air traffic controllers allowed deviation of the route of the aircraft to the north side of the "anti-terrorist operation zone"?

7. Why was not completely closed to civilian aircraft airspace over the combat zone, especially because in this area there was no solid field of radar navigation?

8. Could official Kiev to comment on reports in the net, ostensibly on behalf of the Spanish air traffic controllers working in Ukraine, which shot down over the territory of Ukraine "Boeing" was accompanied by two Ukrainian military aircraft?

9. Why Security Service of Ukraine has begun without international representatives work with recordings of talks with Ukrainian crew dispatchers "Boeing" and Ukrainian radar data?

10. How were the lessons from previous similar disasters Russian Tu-154 in 2001 in the Black Sea? Then the leaders of Ukraine until the last minute denied any involvement of the Armed Forces of the country to the tragedy until irrefutable evidence showed guilt official Kiev

now enough of these emotional based decisions and appeals, let's get some fuggin facts going on here. who's got the substantive things to say, the substantive questions, and who has information they are keeping secret?

that tells you all you need to know,

alllllmost as much as simply watching tower #7 tells you all you need to know about whether the government's story on 9-11 was fabricated or not
    Last edited by FBD; 07-21-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 863 Posts
    Once again, how are you related to Sertes?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to perrhaps For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (07-21-2014)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    how am I related the only similarity I know of is that we've both concluded the US government is a criminal enterprise that planned and executed 9-11. from the molten metal pouring out of the middle of the tower (jet fuel does not burn hot enough, simple as that) to 7 just dropping in a blatantly controlled demolition (which led me to conclude this was 93's destination had it not been interrupted....those people didnt know that by taking action they foiled the government and produced a smoking gun)...to the hole in the pentagon that just does not have any impact zone for a plane engine/wings to have hit...

sorry fellas if you still believe the 9-11 story...please examine the bias in your judgement. I did, it took me quite a few years to accept the fact, but the evidence is irrefutable if you examine it without prejudgement or heart based belief that "something like that couldn't happen."