Thread: Tales of the Unexplained

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Paranormal Tales of the Unexplained

Ever have something happen to you that was creepy and kind of unexplainable? I had something like that happen the other night....

You know that feeling you have that, even without seeing someone, you can 'feel' them standing behind you? Well, I was at the kitchen sink filling the dogs water bowls up this past Wednesday night about 9 PM, so it was fairly dark except for the kitchen light. While I was standing there, I could feel someone behind me and I looked up and out of the corner of my eye I swear I saw someone there. I turned around to look, but there wasn't anyone there.

Gave me cold chills and it was rather warm in the house. Told the g/f about it when I went back upstairs and she was almost too scared to want to go back downstairs by herself.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

X-File

One other time, when I was a kid, we were living in downstate New York. We had a two story house with a ginormous back yard. One time during the middle of the night I was sitting up in bed yelling and it woke up my mom and she came running in to see what was wrong. Now, I don't know if was a dream or not, and I was only 7 or 8 years old at the time, but I told her that a UFO had landed in the backyard and it scared me...I don't remember any of it now because it was so long ago, but if you talk to my mom about, to this day she says that I described everything in such vivid detail that she was afraid to look out the window in to the back yard, which my bedroom window overlooked. By the time she finally did force herself to look outside, there was obviously nothing there...but who knows if there ever was or not?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    That corner of the eye shit happens to me all the time. It's happened to me since I was a little kid. There's a story associated with that back when I was in Jersey, but it's a long one and I don't feel like typing it out right now, so I'll tell y'all about it later. It's a doozy though.

However, what's worse is the corner of the eye thing while you're passing a mirror. Sometimes when I get the chills while passing by a mirror, I'll see something following behind me in the mirror. Just a glance, corner of the eye junk, mind you. Of course, I'll back up and look in the mirror full on and see nothing there, but every once in a while I'll see something moving in the far background of the mirror, like it's just escaping the frame of view when I look head on... like it's just getting out of sight intentionally. Then I grab the baseball bat and go hunting throughout the house.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    I walk around my place in the dark for the most part, out of respect for my relative/roommates...

One night I was walking down the hall and moved aside more out of instinct than seeing anything. I felt someone walk right past me...a big someone and my hair stood on end.

There's been quite a few strange occurrences in our house, felt and seen by both us and guests.

On an unrelated note we're excavating that old Indian burial ground beneath the garden and coming up with some neat antiques/bones

He who laughs, lasts. Noilly Pratt's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 705 Posts
    To preface this, if you believe in all this mysteriousness, it is said that the 7th sibling of the 7th sibling has psychic abilities. My mother was the 7th child and her mom was as well. My whole family has been a lightning rod for such stuff over the years. She had many stories that she didn't even share with us. I'll share a few that happened to me...

1) When we first moved into our apartment, my dad and I were hanging out in the living room and we both saw a figure walking in our hallway. I look at my dad, my dad looks at me, so we run to the hall. It's black, so we switch on the light. Nothing. I yell "check the den" (the only room near the hall/doorway) and I run down the common hallway. Nobody there, and my dad reports the same where he looks. There's only 1 entrance in or out, not counting windows.

I run back and say "Whoah...you saw that right?" and he describes the same thing that I know I saw...an old woman with a blue shawl.

2) We were driving home fairly late one night and on the way home my dad's driving, and he skids to a stop. We both see a figure dart in front of the car - my Mum's in the back seat and doesn't see anything. I say "oh shit, dad, you must've hit her for sure". He gulps and agrees but says "there was no impact though..." It's a fairly open, remote road and no one is out at this time of night, we stop right there and both get out of the car expecting to see her under the car. We check under the car and all over the front of the car with a flashlight. Nothing. We back up. Nothing.

My Mum asks what we saw. We both describe seeing a young girl with white hippie-type clothes and long, clean hair running across. There was no way we could miss where she went. It was a bright moonlit night and there was an empty open field to the left and to the right and a long well-lit road in front and behind - nowhere to hide.

My theory on these "sitings" -- I think we do not know all about what Time is... I've shared this theory with brains more versed in logic and science than I and they say it can't be right, but I know if I record myself (I'm an amateur musician) on an old 4-track reel to reel I have, sometimes you'll hear a faint echo of what was recorded because the erase head didn't quite remove the previous recording, and sometimes you'll hear faintly the other neighbouring tracks because the heads are slightly out of alignment.

I'm thinking sometimes the heads mis-align and we see "bleed-through" and see something from the same location but at another time. Or maybe I've watched too much Doctor Who...

Anyway, that's my semi-uneducated thought about it...

Signature created way-back-when by Goofy

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Is this an overactive imagination or ???

My daughter at age 4 would say "The shadows" would visit her at night. She said she didn't know how she knew but they sometimes were little children who wanted to play with her toys and sometimes older people. My wife was really wigged out over it, but I took a more pragmatic approach, owing to the fact that strange phenomenon occurred on a fairly regular basis in my family.

I told her (and my wife) not to be afraid and that if they did anything she didn't like, tell them to go away and yell for me, and that I'd be there in an instant. She once yelled for me in the night, and I was there in a second - adrenaline flowing. The room was cold like it was winter. Nothing there but my beaming daughter saying "You just missed them! There were a whole bunch tonight - I wanted you to see!".

My wife was really upset about it all but I said that as long as she's not losing sleep, or is upset, I say we just roll with it. No point in seeing how unsettled you are about it - she'll just feed off that.

For about a year maybe every third night she said various "shadows" would visit. Sometimes she felt like they were kids, but often she described a couple and sometimes an older woman. She said that the kids were mischievous sometimes but that the older people were always kind. When I asked how she knew that - if they spoke to her, she said "no, but I just got this feeling that they were OK and just checking up on me".

As time went on the visits became more and more infrequent, and then 2 years later she came into our room at 5am and whispered to me "They're gone". I groggily said "who". She exasperatingly said "The shadows!. I just know that they're not coming back. I'm a little sad but they said I'd be OK now." And they didn't return.

**ADDENDUM** What I found out later is that I have Sleep Apnea, a condition that means you wake up without air, turn over or wake up gasping for air, then you go back to sleep and the cycle continues all night. Mine was so bad that I had a series of cat-naps, not actual restful sleep for a period of about 10 years. But, the good side of this was I was always responsive if ever the "Baby" ever cried in the night, I was there. And when my daughter cried out in the night later, I would always hear it.
    Last edited by Noilly Pratt; 08-15-2014 at 04:11 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I remember the shadow people visits your daughter mentioned from a previous post Noilly...

no offense, but 1-900-Exorcism

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    I remember the shadow people visits your daughter mentioned from a previous post Noilly...

no offense, but 1-900-Exorcism

Yes, I'm thankful they've left. Had to really poker-face it for my daughter AND my wife's sake.

Did the same thing when I was flying home from our honeymoon and we were being buffeted about by a storm, and the comforting words of the pilot "we have to ascend very rapidly to get out of this storm...hold tight".

I maintained an outward calm, but my innards were screaming. "Not to worry, I've seen this before" my mouth said (I hadn't!)

Got to see a lightning storm from above the cloud, which was cool.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I woke up to the sound of pool balls being slammed into pockets one night, sounded like 20 balls were put down in about three seconds....and then some very high pitched laughter....

we have an old pool table in the basement but I didn't bother going downstairs for a look.....

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I used to have a set of PC headphones hanging beside the computer, unplugged...

One night I heard music...and then someone talking...coming from the headphones. I got up, checked every room and tried to find out which radio or TV was on...

Nothing was on but my computer...next to the unplugged headphones

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    old story -

A friend was sleeping over after a night of drinking, he was in the downstairs bedroom.

He woke me up in my upstairs bed, claiming that he watched his bedroom door close slowly at first, then it slammed shut. He got out of bed and raced upstairs assuming it was me. I was fast asleep when he arrived.

I took him back downstairs and asked - Did you notice it was hard getting the bedroom door open? He agreed and I showed him that the carpet was too high for the door and almost impossible to close the door without bending it at the bottom.

we both just stared at the door and didn't go back to sleep that night

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I had a girl over one night watching a movie. I took out my dick, she opened her mouth and my dick vanished

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    Halloween's not too far away. We should try to fill this thread with some great stories.

When I was growing up in NJ there was a local legend about a woman that got killed by a drunk driver in the middle of the afternoon while she was walking down the street she lived on in Woodbury Heights. She was looking for her kid or something like that. The story goes that on the date of her death you could see her ghost walking down the street for about 15 to 20 feet and hear her calling her child's name before she disappeared into thin air. I've never seen it myself, but the I always thought the story was super freaky.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Halloween's not too far away.

It's 2 months away

Do you work for all these stores around here that have had Halloween crap up since mid August?

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The other night I was asleep but was briefly awakened by feeling someone get into bed next to me. Figured it was the wife coming back from the bathroom or something so I rolled over to give her a kiss and she wasn't there, no one was there. She had been downstairs in the kitchen. Freaked me the fuck out.