vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks

Joebob's Indie Music Thread Redux

it lives!

Last edited by Joebob034; 07-25-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: updated video

I am fixed

"Somedays I wake up and feel like nobody loves me. Other days I wake up and feel like I love nobody. Sometimes I wake up and feel tired, and worn out. Sometimes I wake up and feel like I cannot face the day. But someday I'll wake up and realize that waking up is pretty stupid because it just makes you feel like crap."

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Wooh! It lives

I'm trying to decide if I want tickets to Sasquatch in Washington this year Check out the line-up and tell me what you think. There are lots of bands I like, and a handful I haven't heard of (which is fun because you come home with new bands)

http://www.sasquatchfestival.com/lineup/

These are some I really want to see... I've seen a bunch of them before but they're all great bands. Deerhunter, Matt and Kim and Beachhouse are three I LOVE and haven't seen live before.

Deathcab, Wilco, Matt & Kim, Decemberists, Modest Mouse, Cold War Kids, Death From Above 1979, Deerhunter, Beachhouse, Local Natives, Sleigh Bells, City and Color, K-Os, Bonobo, Ratatat, Noah and the Whale... lots more good stuff too

I just hate buying tickets to shit this far in advance

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    that actually looks like a pretty sweet lineup. A lot of those bands I only know 1 or 2 songs by them. Most of those bands at the top though are bands that I really like a lot.
    Last edited by Joebob034; 02-09-2011 at 04:45 PM.

I am fixed

"Somedays I wake up and feel like nobody loves me. Other days I wake up and feel like I love nobody. Sometimes I wake up and feel tired, and worn out. Sometimes I wake up and feel like I cannot face the day. But someday I'll wake up and realize that waking up is pretty stupid because it just makes you feel like crap."

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Check out Deerhunter and Beachhouse.... they both had great albums last year

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    yeah i've heard some of beach house's stuff it's pretty good. my buddy is already talking to me about lolla.

I am fixed

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Ya that sounds dope...

Coachella had a pretty unreal lineup. Some huge mainstream bands and some of the biggest indie ones too. Shame tickets sold out so fast but Cali is a fair drive from Vancouver

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks

I am fixed

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Arcade Fire's The Suburbs won best album at the grammys That's huge for us indie music lovers

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It was cool that they won but to tell you the truth i didn't think this album was that great. Funeral was a much better album than Suburbs.

I am fixed

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah I thought it was overrated... funny, The Funeral had a totally different sound all together. Really interesting it won... definitely not the best indie album of the year, and yet it wins a prestigious award like that

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    yeah but better they win than Bieber or whoever the hell was nominated, although it would've been cool if Eminem also won album of the year

I am fixed

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    If Kanye's album had been out in time it would have won... that album made the list of best album of the year even in some of the huge indie rock mags. Even Pitchfork gave it a 10/10... and those guys hate things that aren't from the indie scene

I don't think it's particularly good but whatever... it's what the critics think in the end.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I love his music for the most part, but I hate him. He is such an arrogant a-hole.

I am fixed

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah for sure... he has some great songs but I want to knock him out

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    In honor of the grammy winners, although this song isn't from the album that won

I am fixed