Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 'Macho Man' Savage dies in car wreck

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchop View Post
    Do you guys think he used steroids? He developed an involuntary risk factor being a male over the age of 40 but if you factor in the steroids and having a very stressful career it certainly isn't a surprise. Rest in peace dude.
    I think based on the era of pro wrestling that he was star during, it is pretty safe to assume that he took steriods. He was also a big star during the eighties and their are stories of big star spending their pay checks on coke. I think Savage must have tried a few drugs when he was wrestling. But alot of 58 years have massive heart attacks that never done drugs.

It kinda of makes me sad. My older cousin Marshall always got Wrestlemanias for his birthdays. Wrestlemani III was the first PPV I ever saw and I was five. Savage wrestled Ricky the Dragon in one of the best matches ever. THe next Wrestlemania is the first one I remember every detail too. I remember the storyline and build up with Hogan losing the title to ANdre the Giant. Andre sold the title to The Million Dollar Man who paid the ref off in the Hogan match. The Title was held up and at Wrestlemania IV was a title tourney to crown a new Champ. Savage wrestled four times to beat THe Million Dollar Man in the final. It was great. Makes me kinda of wish I was a six year old wide eyed kid again

never ran away for the sake of scars!!!

He who laughs, lasts. Noilly Pratt's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 705 Posts
    I remember that era well. It was entertaining, and you kinda knew it was fake but you didn't care. I'd imagine that that's what it was like, Hal, all of them hanging out like that. I knew a few 80's era Canucks and when the visiting teams came in, some of them would hang out at each other's houses.

Even those players who in the press are trumped up to be "bitter enemies" were sharing beer and burgers on the BBQ. Tiger Williams was a known "enforcer" but everybody was friendly off the ice.
    Last edited by Noilly Pratt; 05-21-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Signature created way-back-when by Goofy

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts