Really? boxer attacks referee

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 869 Posts
    Guaranteed he was taken out back in the alley

Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    I already have your name on my butthole...too bad the tattoo artist couldn't spell
    Looser
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    murder my ass..shove it up my ass....both are beautiful terms of endearment

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    jesus, what did the ref say to him?

funny watching that fatass half immobile cop jump the fence

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    jesus, what did the ref say to him?
    I'd assume it was purely down to the ref stopping the fight for zero reason.........

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I kinda got the impression that the loser was really getting it handed to him, beginning of round 2 or 3 and he took a bunch of hits and wasnt even able to land one. I'll betcha the ref said you werent knocking anyone out with that punch of yours

from what I could gander from some extra reading, it was a couple rounds in...and he was getting his ass handed to him

best comment, why the hell didnt he show that sort of intensity when the match was going on
    Last edited by FBD; 10-25-2014 at 04:32 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'm a huge boxing fan (just getting that out of the way), if you watch that, when the ref stops the fight there's really no reason to do so as the 'loser' is still throwing punches! Give that ref the job of the "rumble in the jungle" and ALI is not the greatest sportsman of all time.........

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    True, but these were youth championships, goof I think the weight on the ref to keep the kids safe is a much higher bar there than pro.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    True, but these were youth championships, goof I think the weight on the ref to keep the kids safe is a much higher bar there than pro.
    Depends on your point of view.......... if that me in the ring and some clown is throwing 1,000,000 punches per second then i'm gonna cover up and wait for the right moment to unleash hell. boxing isn't a "safe" sport, people get hurt, that's the nature of the game - if some muppet tells me i've lost a fight purely because i've decided to go on the defensive then i'm gonna be a bit pissed off. Did the guy look hurt when the chump ref waS COUNTING? No.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Accidental caps lock there^ Lager ftw

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

FBD (10-25-2014)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    Depends on your point of view.......... if that me in the ring and some clown is throwing 1,000,000 punches per second then i'm gonna cover up and wait for the right moment to unleash hell. boxing isn't a "safe" sport, people get hurt, that's the nature of the game - if some muppet tells me i've lost a fight purely because i've decided to go on the defensive then i'm gonna be a bit pissed off. Did the guy look hurt when the chump ref waS COUNTING? No.
    No, I saw him sitting there holding his head and I was wondering what was wrong with him, honestly.

Ready = hands up front, bounce on your feet if you really want to convince the ref.

Sitting there holding the sides of your head with both hands is damn near telling the ref I dont know how much longer I can keep this up.

I agree he didnt exactly look beaten to a pulp and was still moving and holding his own, but...if the kid's 16 or 17 and he's going to want a career in boxing, then its just a good idea for refs to be a little careful with the younger fighters.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    No, I saw him sitting there holding his head and I was wondering what was wrong with him, honestly.

Ready = hands up front, bounce on your feet if you really want to convince the ref.

Sitting there holding the sides of your head with both hands is damn near telling the ref I dont know how much longer I can keep this up.

I agree he didnt exactly look beaten to a pulp and was still moving and holding his own, but...if the kid's 16 or 17 and he's going to want a career in boxing, then its just a good idea for refs to be a little careful with the younger fighters.
    You ever watched a boxing match? (seriously)

If someone starts unloading you have two choices, you can either trade blows or cover up, this dude chose the second option......... which i feel was a good choice, give it another 30 secs and the other fucker will tire, then you claim him.

Honestly, your opinion (or anyone else's wrong opinion) isn't going to change my mind here, the ref stopped the fight far too early when the "loser" was nowhere near out of it. Boxing is a tough sport designed for men to find out who is the 'man', not who can throw their arms around quickest.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Watch this fight:

Why didn't the ref stop it? Ali was being brutalized............ but of course the referee knew it was a BOXING match and not a game of ping-pong

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I've watched here and there, but definitely by no means could be called a significant fan of it. As such, I like hearing your opinions of it since you're a big fan. If this were pro or semi pro then I would agree 100% and I would have been pissed as a spectator watching it, but its kinda tough with not seeing the previous rounds and knowing this is a youth championship, I'd think one would expect them to throw a towel much more quickly.

That's one thing I hate about so many news stories and stuff - you get context presented like this, leaving out a bunch of stuff before it that winds up being significant for the viewer to decide how he feels about the story.

If rounds 1&2 were pretty much the same as what we saw there...yeah, that does seem like the ref jumped the gun a bit. But if they were 50-2 in terms of punches landed, then...yeah, save this kid a concussion.

I still want to know what the ref said to that kid, it had to have been something insulting even if it was plainspeak.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    Watch this fight:
    Why didn't the ref stop it? Ali was being brutalized............ but of course the referee knew it was a BOXING match and not a game of ping-pong
    Heavyweight championship of the world vs a youth championship

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    I'll defer to Goofy on this one. The s.o.b. is a boxing connoisseur and has been all of his life. He probably would be a damn good professional commentator on boxing, based on the conversations we've had on the subject. Besides, outside of darts, drinking, screaming at your losing footy team, and kilt-ironing, there's just not much else to do in Scotland.

Amateur or not, his hands were still up. He may have been taking a beating, but when he's still aware enough to have his hands up and to protest the count, then he's good enough to continue.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 10-25-2014 at 09:02 PM.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.