Thanked 113,103 Times in 59,908 Posts
    And my back still hurts

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,923 Times in 6,613 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    She loses privileges all the time, doesn't seem to matter a lick most times.
    Man thats when you break out the wooden spoon and tan that bottom. My kids DREAD the wooden spoon.

Assistant Shelter Dweller allsmiles's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Strained/pulled my external oblique on my left side. Skipped the workout yesterday but went today but took it easy on the ab exercises. I guess I didn't take it easy enough. Feels fine to be still, but definitely screams when I move the wrong way. I still plan on going to the gym tomorrow, but I think I will forego all ab exercises and see how that goes.

Thank you, Jezter, for my signature :-)

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allsmiles View Post
    Strained/pulled my external oblique on my left side. Skipped the workout yesterday but went today but took it easy on the ab exercises. I guess I didn't take it easy enough. Feels fine to be still, but definitely screams when I move the wrong way. I still plan on going to the gym tomorrow, but I think I will forego all ab exercises and see how that goes.
    Get you some ice on it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fricnjay For This Useful Post:

allsmiles (04-29-2016)

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    I'm partial to moxa myself, but that shit get stinky. Thinking of picking up one of those infrared jammies, see how they compare to the real thing..

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,888 Posts
    I pulled my lefthe lat today at work, changing 2 electric motors. Had no pain med until I drove 100 miles back to apt. Took a hot shower, and was going to go soak in hot tub, but got called out to another rig. Now I have to climb a 75 foot derrick to change out a sensor. This getting old stuff sucks. Beats the alternative though, lol

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The pulled oblique muscle has gotten worse. One of my sisters, who is a personal trainer, told me to "RICE" it. Rest it. Ice it. Compress it. And normally elevate it, but not in the case of an oblique. Can't go to the gym for a few days and I will probably have to wear one of my corsets, or find a way to wrap an ace bandage where it won't roll up when I move.

Oh yeah, and I have a UTI. Yay.... My trip this weekend isn't looking like it's going to be as much fun as originally thought.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,139 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Goshdarnit girl! You really haven't followed the doctor's orders at all. Someone's in for a spanking.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    For a pulled muscle, unless its still inflamed, I personally wouldnt go for ice. If you've never had moxa before, its awesome for stuff like that. Its stinky, though. Specific, targeted heat. I use it regularly on my knees and ankles, hands, elbows. Pulled muscles often get collagen buildup in between the fibers - the targeted heat can help melt that and break up those collagen chains....ice, not so much. If you pulled it more than a few days ago, ice time has likely passed.

But I'm more chinese medicine oriented in dealing with this stuff, and they mostly dont use ice to treat things, imflammation is usually treated by herbs. What would really be good would be dit da jow (jow is the stuff Karate Kid used on his bruises...its amazing stuff.... a certain combination of herbs in an alcohol. I made a variant that I use with all the cayenne & habanero I grew, in grain alcohol to extract the capsacin and I apply it with a cotton swab. I've gotta get the herb recipe from my buddy so I can add all that in.)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FBD For This Useful Post:

allsmiles (05-05-2016)

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    So Tuesday night I could'nt sleep......again. I felt jittery and my heart was racing and would not come down. I was on the verge of a full blown anxiety attack. I went to check my blood sugar as I am Hypoglycemic and my glucose level was 41 which is dangerously low. I ate something sweet and got it up to 91 within minutes but I was having some digestive distress which always seems to accompany an episode like this. So I took off yesterday made an appointment and saw a doctor. After talking for about 30+ minutes they think I have a food allergy that is sparking the episodes. So they took 5 vials of blood and are going to run a full panel of tests including 20 known food allergies and celiacs disease. If this comes back clean I will have to go see an Endocrinologist and then a Gastroenterologist‎.

On a good note I found out that riding my stationary bike and changing my eating habits I have lost over 30lbs in about 5 months.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    be sure to avoid HFCS, that shit is evil

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    be sure to avoid HFCS, that shit is evil
    I have gone pretty much as close to 100% Organic and Non-GMO as possible. It just seems to digest smoother and doesn't give me an insulin spike. So I haven't had HFCS in over a year.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I've eaten substantially less sugars, gluten, etc since my ex's ass would explode the second she ate any of that stuff. (literally and figuratively)

I've HATED hfcs ever since I saw pantera at the new haven coliseum in 2001 and chugged some mt dew at the exit. it was the most disgusting thing ever, havent had mt dew since

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    For a pulled muscle, unless its still inflamed, I personally wouldnt go for ice. If you've never had moxa before, its awesome for stuff like that. Its stinky, though. Specific, targeted heat. I use it regularly on my knees and ankles, hands, elbows. Pulled muscles often get collagen buildup in between the fibers - the targeted heat can help melt that and break up those collagen chains....ice, not so much. If you pulled it more than a few days ago, ice time has likely passed.

But I'm more chinese medicine oriented in dealing with this stuff, and they mostly dont use ice to treat things, imflammation is usually treated by herbs. What would really be good would be dit da jow (jow is the stuff Karate Kid used on his bruises...its amazing stuff.... a certain combination of herbs in an alcohol. I made a variant that I use with all the cayenne & habanero I grew, in grain alcohol to extract the capsacin and I apply it with a cotton swab. I've gotta get the herb recipe from my buddy so I can add all that in.)
    Thank you, sugar. It's still giving me problems, but probably because I haven't been resting it. I don't sit still well. I would appreciate that recipe though, if you can find it. I will be out of town until Monday, but if it's still being an asshole then, I may try what you've got. Thanks, dear.

Quote Originally Posted by fricnjay View Post
    So Tuesday night I could'nt sleep......again. I felt jittery and my heart was racing and would not come down. I was on the verge of a full blown anxiety attack. I went to check my blood sugar as I am Hypoglycemic and my glucose level was 41 which is dangerously low. I ate something sweet and got it up to 91 within minutes but I was having some digestive distress which always seems to accompany an episode like this. So I took off yesterday made an appointment and saw a doctor. After talking for about 30+ minutes they think I have a food allergy that is sparking the episodes. So they took 5 vials of blood and are going to run a full panel of tests including 20 known food allergies and celiacs disease. If this comes back clean I will have to go see an Endocrinologist and then a Gastroenterologist‎.

On a good note I found out that riding my stationary bike and changing my eating habits I have lost over 30lbs in about 5 months.
    Hope you get it all sorted out, darlin. Congrats on the 30 lbs. That's quite the accomplishment.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to allsmiles For This Useful Post:

fricnjay (05-05-2016)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'm not sure if you might have any oriental medicine stores around, but they would have that sort of stuff. Making jow takes time, it has to steep for quite a while, not something you can just mix up in a day or two and have it ready to use - at least not the traditional way of making it.

Amazon has some

http://www.amazon.com/bamboo-gifts-8...3&keywords=jow

http://www.amazon.com/Family-Iron-Pa...4&keywords=jow

http://www.amazon.com/Dit-Liniment-b...5&keywords=jow

The stuff I made with the peppers is pretty good, but its missing some of the herbal component that kicks up its effectiveness.