Thread: House (spoilers possible)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

TV House (spoilers possible)

Anyone else see the season finale last night?

Did it just jump the shark with the way it ended?

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Did you watch it last night Porky?

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Well I just finished it an hour ago, I do wonder how they will pick it up again next season??

I guess they can now just explain her away real easy, she just had to leave because of what he did.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah, but this episode was in the can before she announced she was leaving the show

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Here's a Q&A session with executive producer David Shore discussing the finale:

'House' EP David Shore on the shocking season finale and the show sans Cuddy
    by Sandra Gonzalez

The creative team at House has their work cut out for them next season following the departure of one of their beloved leading ladies, Lisa Edelstein. But David Shore is more than up for the task. This morning, following last night’s shocking finale, Shore called up EW to reflect on the episode, the season of Huddy, and what fans can expect next season.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: I have to start off by asking, did House want to run over Cuddy and Co.?
    DAVID SHORE: No. I think he was aiming at the house — not at the people. Obviously, he was taking a huge risk, but I don’t think he was trying to kill anyone off, but I think he was risking killing some people.

Did you see the crash, that grand gesture, as closure for him or just a boiling over of emotion?
    Both and probably so much more. I hate to tell audiences what to think of gestures. We write the gestures, and the gestures are motivated, but complicated. So I’m sure it’s all those things and more.

What’s the “and more” in your perspective?
    Well, I’m sure there was a lot more going on in his head — what he was trying to achieve, what he was thinking about, what he wasn’t thinking about.

That last shot we saw him in, are we to assume he fled to a different country?
    Yup. Far away.

Last time time I talked to Greg Yaitanes, he mentioned that the Huddy existence had sort of become a bigger thing than y’all expected. Initially, when writing this finale, was this crash meant to be an eventual clean slate for them, a reset?
    It was a clean slate and a reset. I’m not sure those are different things. That [relationship] was something we enjoyed, but we don’t want to just continue retracing our steps. We want to move on to new things and different things. And perhaps to some extent go back to simpler times on the show. The purer times of House the character. We’d had enough — for the moment — of the relationship stuff. We’ll find more to do in the future. We wanted to be able to explore different aspects] in the future.

When you went into the finale, were you aware of the cast situation you’d be in? Did you get a chance to write accordingly? (Edelstein announced last week she would not be returning for the show’s eighth season.)
    No. We lucked out, I suppose, in that regard because [the finale] does allow for that creatively. But that was not what was intended. That was not what was planned. We have to figure out what’s going to happen. With problems, come opportunities. We’re looking forward to figuring out where we go next year and what cool stuff we’re going to do.

I think fans are excited to see where you go. Any idea what that looks like at this point?
    You’re going to have to watch next season. [Laughs]

In retrospect, what’s been the highlight storytelling wise, for you?
    You know, the Huddy stuff, it couldn’t work indefinitely. I never thought it could work indefinitely. House is just not somebody who is born to be in a nice, domestic relationship. But I did enjoy the relationship. I enjoyed the trip. I think we did a good job of letting House be House and Cuddy be Cuddy while still, at the same time, being House and Cuddy. I enjoyed that.

Switching gears really quick to Taub (Peter Jacobson), you left his story in a hilarious place. Two pregnancy announcements with two different women in two weeks?
    I’m amazed at how many people have since told me that, “Oh yeah, I got a friend who’s in a similar situation.” [Laughs] So I’m sorry! I’m sorry, world.

What made you want to do that to him?
    This is a character who just can’t control himself it seems. He loves his wife. He’s capable of great love, but also great mistakes. So throwing him in the middle of it seemed like an attractive option.

Lastly, the show is really good, I feel, at reinvention. You get House into these situations — like the psych ward — where it seems like there’s no way back. Then, you find this tiny thing to reset things with. Can we expect something similar here or can we expect a total 180 change?
    In a way, I think you can expect a similar recurrence. I never want to completely turn this show into a different show. That’s too easy. The challenge to me is to have life go on and yet it still be part and parcel in that life. Life goes on.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    I only saw the last 2 minutes of it. WTF?

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Wow... just watched it.

Very unexpected episode.... we always get cliff-hangers with House but jumping-shark was my concern there too. It's going to be very interesting to see if they can end the series next season while keeping the same essence of the show.

Really unsure of how I feel. This was one of my favorite seasons since the early ones, but now I'm not sure sure. The thing with Taub having two women pregnant is hilarious though

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Wow... just watched it.

Very unexpected episode.... we always get cliff-hangers with House but jumping-shark was my concern there too. It's going to be very interesting to see if they can end the series next season while keeping the same essence of the show.

Really unsure of how I feel. This was one of my favorite seasons since the early ones, but now I'm not sure sure. The thing with Taub having two women pregnant is hilarious though
    Yeah, I dunno about how the left the House/Cuddy thing. I mean House has always been a dick to people, especially people close to him, but he's never done something that stupid before where he could have actually killed someone. That just seems to me to be way over the top, even for someone as narcissistic as House is.

I agree, the Taub storyline was so much better and hilarious

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    I thought it was a horrible finale. Just watched it last night, I was very disappointed, especially after how good the previous episode was.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I don't see how they can resolve this situation they left and still have it be the same show.

How can House go back and work at the hospital like nothing happened? At the very least you would think there would be a warrant out for his arrest for what he did. I know they can get around the Cuddy thing since she's leaving the show, but would the new hospital director want a doctor there who tried to kill someone?

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Maybe it was all another Vicodin induced dream

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    That would even be worse!

Oh, that whole ending to last season? It never happened, House just imagined it

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Exactly, probably should have just ended right here instead of another year.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    All I hope is that with Cuddy gone for next season that they go back to focusing on the cases more instead of the stupid romance story lines.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I want more home based surgery