Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Death Pool 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Nope. He's gonna live until he's 101, and then when he dies, we're gonna subtract 1 from your total score.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Novelist Jackie Collins has died at 77 from breast cancer.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Former US Senator Fred Thompson, who was also an actor in TV and films, has died at age 73. He was in Law & Order, The Hunt for Red October, Die Hard 2, among others.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    dude

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Gunnar Hansen, the actor who played Leatherface in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre film, has died at age 68 of pancreatic cancer on Saturday, November 7th.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Scott Weiland, former vocalist of The Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver, has died at age 48 on December 3rd. He was found dead on his tour bus moments before he was supposed to go on stage with his band the Wildabouts.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,103 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Well, it's that time of year to start thinking about next year's death pool. I am going to tweak it a bit as far as what is considered a celebrity and what will be allowed in the 2016 version. Of course anyone at all in the entertainment industry is still fair game so long as they are considered a celebrity, even if it's a Z-list celebrity and they are known outside of the area you live in. Such as, while Howard Stern for example would be a fair entry, the local DJ on your local station, even though he may be famous in your neck of the woods, is not a legal choice because nobody else will have ever heard of them. Same goes for politicians and the like. The President of the United States is a fair entry, but the US Secretary of Transportation, for example, is not. Same goes for any other country in the world where you may reside and the politicians there. You may know who your Minister of Defense is, but I'm sure nobody else will unless they live in the same country as you. Also, no obscure individuals such as random terrorists that nobody may have heard of, especially since it's near impossible to even prove they have died.

The death pool for 2016 will begin at midnight (MST) on the 9th of January 2016. So, I must have received your PM's with your final lists by January 8th, 2016 at 11:59 PM (MST), after that point, no more lists, or changes to your lists will be allowed. Also, please limit yourself to just ONE change of your list after you submit it. In the past I have received 3 and 4 and even 5 list revisions. If you have already submitted your initial list, you may revise it ONE TIME and then that will become your final list. This is being done to avoid confusion on my end on who sent what list when and all of that.

Any questions? Let's discuss it and go from here.

And good luck to everyone in the rest of this year, time is running out.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    So what do you consider so obscure about two high profile leaders of well known terrorist organizations that pretty much everybody in the world wants dead?

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts
    i think they need a google info page and I think the top 10 in IS is out of order as every 1st world country now is trying to drop a bomb on there head
    Last edited by redred; 12-04-2015 at 12:34 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    So what do you consider so obscure about two high profile leaders of well known terrorist organizations that pretty much everybody in the world wants dead?
    A) Terrorists ≠ Celebrity by any stretch of the word 'celebrity'
    B) Someone somewhere is actively looking to kill them, defeats the purpose of picking people that will randomly die during the course of the year
    C) It's impossible to definitively prove whether they are alive or dead, especially when it's from something like a drone strike
    D) I said so

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Really?

A. Al-Baghdadi is being discussed as being considered Time's Man of the Year. If nobody knows who he is by now, then they most certainly will when that magazine comes out. He'll be a household name bigger than Peyton Manning.

B. By that logic, we should exclude all people known to be dying of a disease, since WE KNOW that they're going to die soon anyway. Kinda defeats the purpose of picking people that will randomly die during the course of the year.

C. If Baghdadi or Zawahiri dies, the world will know. It'll be all over the place like it was when Bin Laden was killed.

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts
    I think lances D answer works

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    D) I said so
    I feel oppressed by that microaggression. Now I need to spend some time in the safe zone.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

Muddy (12-04-2015)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Really?

A. Al-Baghdadi is being discussed as being considered Time's Man of the Year. If nobody knows who he is by now, then they most certainly will when that magazine comes out. He'll be a household name bigger than Peyton Manning.

B. By that logic, we should exclude all people known to be dying of a disease, since WE KNOW that they're going to die soon anyway. Kinda defeats the purpose of picking people that will randomly die during the course of the year.

C. If Baghdadi or Zawahiri dies, the world will know. It'll be all over the place like it was when Bin Laden was killed.

So we're going to use Time's Man of the Year to determine who's a celebrity? So these would have all been valid entries in the past using that logic:

And yes, the militaries of the world actively seeking out to kill terrorists is EXACTLY like someone who is sick

There are a zillion other people that are famous out there, why do you need the scope of the contest to be expanded to allow terrorists and count them as celebrities, honestly? I'm not being facetious, I really want to know.