Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Warfare 3

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    That looks moronic.

But I noticed the guy is just ranking up in the low levels, hopefully some more effective rifles get unlocked later. In fact... if I have one complaint about weapons it was that the ones you unlock slowly weren't a significant enough improvement on lower tiers *shrug*

I've always enjoyed hardcore more anyways... that's a pretty map and awesome sounds though. I like that.
    Last edited by Godfather; 09-24-2011 at 01:12 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    anyone here play the recent Medal of Honor? Everything I've read kinda indicates it's shite

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    anyone here play the recent Medal of Honor? Everything I've read kinda indicates it's shite
    I would never have bought it, but...

I play tested a game at EA Studios and for my few hours of gaming with a bunch of other funny guys in a room full of awesomeness (computers, ps3, wii, xbox) I got a couple free games (and a great lunch)

Sooo I took MoH. It sucked The campaign was enjoyable but I think it took me 4-5 hours at most. The storyline was the best part, and there were some pretty sequences. I did really appreciate the layout (you can hold two weapons but a double tap of reload whips out a pistol - the melee was cool too). In some ways it felt very smooth and clean.

I ran into a couple glitches though. One of which meant I literally couldn't kill an MG nest with a half dozen frags or RPG's. Had to restart an entire mission.

The online got boring within minutes. There just wasn't much going on compared to other online FPS games in terms of action, unlock-able content, competitiveness etc.

If you can 'borrow' it from teh interweb in little time, the campaign is a 'might as well' for a rainy Sunday. Otherwise, it's a no-brainer pass.
    Last edited by Godfather; 09-24-2011 at 01:24 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    thanks GF...I love the single player campaigns but am leery of getting new games because of Win7 and the dodgy factor for the net uploads...

I got Sturmovik 1946 to run in Win 7 and am building a monster scenario in the full mission builder.So far I have a runway, my plane and two enemy ships

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Nice I'd kill for another Microsoft Combat Flight Sim game... been too long.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    my buddy Stephen has my old pc...I go over one night and he asks if I want to see his full mission...I thought he'd have some other planes, maybe a few hangars at the airport...

I start it up and it's like the Battle of Normandy.He's got friendly 4 guys taking off beside me at staggered times, zeppelins, balloon markers, enemy planes in the sky, enemy ground canons, tanks moving in columns, trains, mini battles going on with our guys and enemy AI guys...

...it was amazing.And that interface for building missions is one of the worst, non intuitive pieces of shite I've ever seen
    But it's very deep and rich in features...open up just one sub-menu called objects, and there's 606 in that category

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Coooool. Is there a big community for the game still? Probably a lot of good missions to download out there.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    that's the funny part...you can create these huuuuuuge missions and then simply pop the mission file into your version of the game and the files are only a few hundred kb

the game publisher is Ubisoft but the code is different than your typical game

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,164 Times in 800 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Nice I'd kill for another Microsoft Combat Flight Sim game... been too long.
    Flight Simulators are one of the few things MS is really good at. That and releasing unfinished software (*cough* Vista *cough*)...

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Has there even been any rumors about a new one?

Tom Clancy's HAWK didn't do it for me... it was like a FPS in a jet, not a flight sim. Nobody seems to be in that market right now. FPS's and sports games just dominate the gaming industry

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'll give it a miss thanks, theres nothing like playing your best game and being wiped out by some spotty nerd who's cheating with wall hax, lag cheats and an aimbot to turn you off a game. I'll stick to playing fallout where the fanboys stick to modifying Bethesda script to make a game improvement not just ripping each other to pieces for cheap lulz!

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NemoWork View Post
    I'll give it a miss thanks, theres nothing like playing your best game and being wiped out by some spotty nerd who's cheating with wall hax, lag cheats and an aimbot to turn you off a game. I'll stick to playing fallout where the fanboys stick to modifying Bethesda script to make a game improvement not just ripping each other to pieces for cheap lulz!
    Have you got Fallout 3 running on Win7 Nemo? The net says it won't work no matter how you install/mod the game

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yep, Win 7and Fall3, i used to have it running in c:programmes(x86) but i have it so badly modded it used to freeze and die every couple of missions, i've got it installed in c:games/fallout 3 at the moment along with full FOMMOD and running a whole bushel of mods from alien mesmetron, brisa almodovar nude patch and expanded rivet city market, the full deal.

Works fine although i do get the odd glitch with clipping of outfits and weapons.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Not to be confused with Fallout New Vegas, i'm back on that and running Willow and Wendy Gibson as extra companions, the stripper laser and for rapid fire auto goodness the L1A2 rifle for dropping the wrath of god on Caesars assassin squads with .308 armour piercing. Oh and Wasteland seduction for pointless lesbian nudity.

Hey, i did it once on vanilla, i've turned into a mod addict

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    They have said they're going to crack down and bust cheaters in MW3... it remains to be seen. One of the benefits to playing xbox is that you don't get too much of that