Thread: Aussies: $250 fine for swearing coming soon

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,164 Times in 800 Posts

Gheye Aussies: $250 fine for swearing coming soon

I know a few Aussies who could lose their entire paycheck in just a few sentences...

Damn! Aussies to be fined for swearing

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Australians may have a love of plain speaking but new laws are set to curtail some of their more colourful language with police issuing on-the-spot fines for obnoxious swearing.

The country's second most populous state Victoria is due to approve new legislation this week under which police will be able to slap fines of up to Aus$240 (US$257) on people using offensive words or phrases.

Victorian Attorney-General Robert Clark said the penalties, similar to those issued for speeding or parking illegally, would free up police time.

"This will give the police the tools they need to be able to act against this sort of obnoxious behaviour on the spot, rather than having to drag offenders off to court and take up time and money in proceedings," he said.

But even the state's top lawyer admitted to swearing sometimes.

"Occasionally I mutter things under my breath as probably everybody does," he told ABC radio.

"But this law is not targeted at that, it's targeted at the sort of obnoxious, offensive behaviour in public that makes life unpleasant for everybody else."

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    If they only target obnoxious offensive dicks then this will be good legislation - however I fear this won't be the case...

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    fuck that shit

I am fixed

"Somedays I wake up and feel like nobody loves me. Other days I wake up and feel like I love nobody. Sometimes I wake up and feel tired, and worn out. Sometimes I wake up and feel like I cannot face the day. But someday I'll wake up and realize that waking up is pretty stupid because it just makes you feel like crap."

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,164 Times in 800 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    If they only target obnoxious offensive dicks then this will be good legislation - however I fear this won't be the case...
    You will have police officers acting as judge and jury when it comes down to what is offensive and what is not. That's just asking for trouble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    What a load of bullshit, who decides whats a swear, what if you get a religious cop who finds 'jesus' offensive, it's a crock of shit!!
    Thanks Jezter!

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxdana View Post
    What a load of bullshit, who decides whats a swear, what if you get a religious cop who finds 'jesus' offensive, it's a crock of shit!!
    Don't make me have to report you to the authorities

My virgin ears