Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S6 vs. HTC One M9: Which should you buy?

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redred View Post
    joking aside you'd think with no sd slot no removable battery and the fact you can wireless charge it wouldn't be that hard to make the thing waterproof
    Superglue the edges

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts
    Would that make it a galaxy s6 super edge ?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to redred For This Useful Post:

Goofy (04-10-2015)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I guess I can do the 2 things hardware-wise that bug me. The biggest one is there's no SD card expansion any more. The memory is what it is. I guess I should have read up on that and then I probably would have gotten the 64 gig instead of the 32 gig. The other, which is more minor, is that the battery isn't removable any more. It's sealed. Again, not that big a deal because I rarely ever had to open my phone and pop the battery out, but if something does happen to it, you can't just buy a replacement and swap it out yourself.
    Those are the two things that would piss me off the most as well. The non-accessible battery was what sold me on the S5 rather than one of it's competitors. I think it was the Motorola or the LG that I was looking at. The no SD card blows as well.

I'm sure enough people are gonna blow enough smoke up Samsung's ass to make them rethink those two lack of features for the S7.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts
    i've never done an odd galaxy always evens , my be worth a look upgrade time

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'm sure the S6 is a fantastic phone. I almost waited out for it instead of going for the S5, but I hit a wicked awesome price for the S5 around Black Friday, and that's what pushed me into buying it. There are just a few issues with the S6, changes most people didn't see coming. But with a little bit of research going in, you can make a more informed decision about what you want. Lance already gave you the skinny about the hardware... no access to the battery and no SD card port. But you can get the S6 with a ton of RAM, and you can always be very cautious with what you keep on the phone. Personally, I don't like the no battery access thing. It's a shady underhanded way of forcing you into buying a new phone when the battery goes kaput.

There's no reason why this phone couldn't be waterproofed. I can take my S5 apart, put it back together, and it's still waterproof. It's not like I need the waterproof feature. It's not like I'm gonna bathe with it, or go swimming with it, or drop it in the river, and I sincerely doubt I'm in any danger of dropping it in the toilet any time soon. But like you and others have already said, the S6 is already sealed up... it shouldn't take that much more to waterproof the damned thing. Given they've already done it with the S5, it's not like they don't know how to do it.

It's cool that they made wireless charging standard on the S6. I had to buy an alternate back cover to get wireless charging on the S5. Some people say wireless charging isn't that big of a deal, but I think it's really cool. Come home, throw it on the charger before you hit the sheets. Don't have to worry about plugging the phone in, just drop it on the pad and voila! It's charging.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 04-10-2015 at 10:45 PM.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The whole dropping it on the charger pad seems like the same as plugging it in, I want wireless charging that happens when I walk into my house

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    The whole dropping it on the charger pad seems like the same as plugging it in, I want wireless charging that happens when I walk into my house

To go along with charging your body's cybernetic upgrades?

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I want to be surrounded by cancerous options

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-11-2015), Muddy (04-11-2015), Teh One Who Knocks (04-13-2015)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    sony xperia Z4 hands down