20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

The Monarch's Love Kitten Dr. Girlfriend's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I think the rules about how to act around the Queen are pretty weird but you know... when you're in Rome. If you want to meet the Queen, follow the rules. All the jokes are funny but it's nice to follow traditions. I come from a culture deep in weird traditions but it's nice to have connections to times long ago. I'd gladly follow the rules if they invited me. (That's a hint, wink, wink, Kate!)

fricnjay
    What an attention whore.

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It was once the standard that Americans never bow to ANYONE! Nor is the Stars and Stripes ever to be tilted down to any Royalty! That's why when you watch all the old Olympic opening day ceremonies, other countries would dip their flags when crossing the Royal Box of those host country. The Stars and Stripes ALWAYS STOOD TALL!

There was never a fuss until Reagan first met the Queen and Nancy did not curtsy, the Brit media shit their pants! It was made clear that because the U.S. defeated the British Empire, they would never bow! Until now, naturally!

The young couple should invite her! After Obama gave the queen an I-Pod loaded with his speeches! (Goody!)

Sasquatch will probably do one better and give the an I-Pad loaded with all her contrived TV show appearances!! At least they can erase all that shit and then have themselves a new I-Pad!!
    Last edited by AntZ; 02-11-2011 at 10:25 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Bowing is one thing. Not having a clue as to protocol with a world leader you're meeting is pure ignorance. Michelle hugged her ffs.

fricnjay
    Quote Originally Posted by AntZ View Post
    It was once the standard that Americans never bow to ANYONE! Nor is the Stars and Stripes ever to be tilted down to any Royalty! That's why when you watch all the old Olympic opening day ceremonies, other countries would dip their flags when crossing the Royal Box of those host country. The Stars and Stripes ALWAYS STOOD TALL!

There was never a fuss until Reagan first met the Queen and Nancy did not curtsy, the Brit media shit their pants! It was made clear that because the U.S. defeated the British Empire, they would never bow! Until now, naturally!

The young couple should invite her! After Obama gave the queen an I-Pod loaded with his speeches! (Goody!)

Sasquatch will probably do one better and give the an I-Pad loaded with all her contrived TV show appearances!! At least they can erase all that shit and then have themselves a new I-Pad!!
    Bwahahahahahahaha

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Belle View Post
    Bowing is one thing. Not having a clue as to protocol with a world leader you're meeting is pure ignorance. Michelle hugged her ffs.
    Exactly

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    So it seems we're going both ways on this one...

Anthz mentions that the US never bows or dips flags at the Olympics, Nancy doesn't curtsy etc... yet someone else feels we should follow the protocol for world leaders out of respect...

hmmmm, curious