Thread: Police review video of Northern California officer pulling gun on man recording him

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Shocking Police review video of Northern California officer pulling gun on man recording him

By Veronica Rocha - Los Angeles Times

A Northern California police department is reviewing a video showing one of its officers pulling a gun on a man who was recording him on his cellphone.

The video, posted on YouTube, shows a Rohnert Park Public Safety officer driving toward Don McComas as he's filming. As McComas moves in closer to record the license plate number on the officer’s police SUV, the officer stops, gets out and tells McComas to take his hand out of his pocket.

McComas replies: “No sir, I’ve done nothing. I have done absolutely nothing. No.”

The officer removes his gun from his holster, speaks into his radio and says, “Seriously.”

McComas responds, “Put your gun down, really?”

The video shows McComas backing away as the officer motions the gun toward him.

Interested in the stories shaping California? Sign up for the free Essential California newsletter >>

McComas repeats he did nothing wrong and tells the officer not to touch him.

When McComas asks why the officer stepped out of his vehicle, the officer responds, “You taking a picture of me. I am taking a picture of you.” The officer then asked whether McComas was “some kind of a constitutionalist or crazy guy or something like that.”

“Why are you doing this?” the officer asks McComas, who responds, “Why are you sitting here with your gun on me? This is why I am doing this. To protect myself from you.”

McComas was not detained or arrested.

As the officer walks away, he tells McComas, “Go ahead, have a nice day and put it on YouTube. I don’t really care.”

Rohnert Park Mayor Amy Ahanotu and City Manager Darrin Jenkins said in a statement that an internal review will be conducted to determine if the proper protocols were followed.

“We’ve been made aware of this matter, and we are taking it seriously,” they said. “We understand the concerns that have been raised by our community and others and we want the public to know that your trust in law enforcement in our city is a top priority.”

McComas said he was in front of his home and hooking his boat to a trailer when he saw the Rohnert Park Public Safety officer drive into his neighborhood.

The officer, he said, made a few turns before stopping to face McComas. The officer did nothing but point at McComas and his home, McComas said.

McComas became concerned, so he pulled out his camera and started filming.

“The arrogance he showed me shouldn't come from an officer of the law,” he said. “They should de-escalate, not escalate or provoke.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    The officer then asked whether McComas was “some kind of a constitutionalist or crazy guy or something like that.”

This dude needs to have his badge and gun taken away, and needs to go take an American history class.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts
    The guy filming was obviously disgruntled and hates police, he easily could have pulled a gun and shot at the cop. The cop simply asked him to remove his hand from his pocket to make sure his life wasn't in danger.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    "You guys have done enough to my family", roughly translated the guy has a grudge against the Police Dept......... all the cop asked him to do was take his hand out of his pocket, how fucking difficult is that?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

Pony (08-07-2015)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    Maybe I should watch the video.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    "You guys have done enough to my family", roughly translated the guy has a grudge against the Police Dept......... all the cop asked him to do was take his hand out of his pocket, how fucking difficult is that?
    This is similar to that story with the cwazy girl making up her own laws...in that one he asked politely for her to put down her phone (and continue filming) and she did.

It's when the civilians don't obey simple commands is when the cops get edgy (unless they crazy cops)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts