Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: What are you reading now...or what is the last book you read?

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Just the headlines
    Yes.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    I'm currently reading Andy Weir's Project Hail Mary... wow this is a fun read. I won't spoil the plot at all but it's a space book, like his other book The Marian. I'm still not a huge sci-fi reader but this is a fun, fantastic read that I don't want to end.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    I'm currently reading Andy Weir's Project Hail Mary... wow this is a fun read. I won't spoil the plot at all but it's a space book, like his other book The Marian. I'm still not a huge sci-fi reader but this is a fun, fantastic read that I don't want to end.
    Sounds right up my alley. I just finished the Liu Cixin trilogy, starting with the Three Body Problem. It's a slow burner but I highly recommend it.

Set against the backdrop of China's Cultural Revolution, a secret military project sends signals into space to establish contact with aliens. An alien civilization on the brink of destruction captures the signal and plans to invade Earth. Meanwhile, on Earth, different camps start forming, planning to either welcome the superior beings and help them take over a world seen as corrupt, or to fight against the invasio

The plot twist that takes over from the second novel onwards is incredible & original.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Godfather (09-30-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Sounds right up my alley. I just finished the Liu Cixin trilogy, starting with the Three Body Problem. It's a slow burner but I highly recommend it.

Set against the backdrop of China's Cultural Revolution, a secret military project sends signals into space to establish contact with aliens. An alien civilization on the brink of destruction captures the signal and plans to invade Earth. Meanwhile, on Earth, different camps start forming, planning to either welcome the superior beings and help them take over a world seen as corrupt, or to fight against the invasio

The plot twist that takes over from the second novel onwards is incredible & original.
    I was up until 3am last night finishing Project Hail Mary - again highly recommend and don't want to say much but basically the plot is something is dimming the sun and life is going to die if a mission isn't sent out to investigate. Bit of a reused plot but the rest of the book is going to be very fresh.

You're the third or fourth person to recommend Three Body Problem! Ok I'm going to have to pick it up. I've heard a few mixed reviews about the second book so I'll have to see how I like the first.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (10-01-2022)