Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks

Really? Horror movie 'Human Centipede 2' is banned in the UK

Horror movie 'Human Centipede 2' is banned in the UK

June 7, 2011 | 12:23 PM ET

The sequel to 2009’s grotesque German horror fest, “The Human Centipede” is so loathsome and foul that the British equivalent to the MPAA has refused to rate it, calling it “sexually violent and potentially obscene.”

The original film’s plot revolved around a mad scientist who sewed three kidnap victims together, mouth to anus, to form a sort of “Human Centipede.”

The sequel, directed by Tom Six, involves a man who becomes “sexually obsessed” after repeated viewings of the original film on DVD, and sets out to recreate the “Human Centipede” to satisfy his own perverted needs.

The director promised that the sequel would make original look like “My Little Pony.”

The Daily Mail reports that the British Board of Film Classification has ruled that “no amount of cuts would allow them to give the new film a certificate” and that the film may be guilty of violating Britain’s Obscene Publications Act.

The rejection by the BBFC means that “The Human Centipede Part 2: Full Sequence” will not legally be available in the UK.

Furious with the film board’s refusal to rate the sequel, Six fired of an angry email to the UK’s Empire magazine’s web site, “Thank you BBFC for putting spoilers of my movie on your website and thank you for banning my film in this exceptional way.”

“Apparently I made a horrific horror-film, but shouldn’t a good horror film be horrific?” the Dutch director asked rhetorically. “It is all fictional. Not real. It is all make-belief. It is art. Give people their own choice to watch it or not. If people can’t handle or like my movies they just don’t watch them. If people like my movies they have to be able to see it any time, anywhere also in the UK.”

Billed as “the sickest movie of all time,” the BBFC concluded that the brutalization, degradation and mutilation shown in the film posed a “real, as opposed to a fanciful, risk that harm is likely to be caused to potential viewers.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    this disappoints me to no end...