Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shocking, Disturbing, Chilling Photos With a Back Story

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,923 Times in 6,613 Posts

Shocking Shocking, Disturbing, Chilling Photos With a Back Story

The exact moment when a hot air balloon in New Zealand stuck several power lines and caught fire. The accident occurred in Carterton, New Zealand. All 11 people on board were killed (10 passengers and the pilot). As of 2015, it is the third-deadliest hot air balloon accident in history.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Keith Sapsford falls from the wheel well of a plane in 1970. John Gilpin was testing out his camera when he accidentally caught the 14-year-old stowaway’s fall.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Two Engineers Hugging Atop A Burning Turbine Before They Died. A crew of four were conducting routine maintenance at the 67-meter high wind turbine when fire suddenly broke out. Two of the four people were able to escape while the other two got trapped

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    These are the victims of the Hiroshima bombing. When the atombic bomb went off, an enormous amount of thermal radiation was emitted, vaporizing every living thing in sight. However, the victims blocked some of the thermal energy long enough to protect the wall behind them from being “bleached.” This is a horrific reminder about the powers of nuclear war and the victims that have suffered.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    This picture looks like a scene from an old horror movie.. boy do I wish that were true. The picture is of 14 year-old runaway, Regina Walters. Her kidnapper Robert Ben Rhoades, a long haul trucker from Houston took photos of Regina before she was murdered. Walters was an unfortunate exception in the way Rhoades toyed with her. Rhodes cut her hair, dressed her up, and took pictures of her in distress—the most saddening of which is the picture you see below. In the photo it looks as if Regina was trying to plead with the man, but to no avail. Her body was found in an abandoned barn, strangled with a baling wire. Rhoades was initially arrested when a State Trooper found an abused woman in the back of his truck; due to unsafe parking on the highway. She had welts on her body, cuts on her mouth and was handcuffed to the door. Which lead to a series of investigations that pinned Rhoades to a number of other murders, such as Regina Walters.

Personally this photo infuriates me and is personally the probably the most haunting photo I've ever seen.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    On September 20, 1988 Tara went on a bike ride that she never returned from. Just a year later, on June 15, 1989 a Polaroid photo is found in the parking lot of a convenience store. Eye witnesses say they previously saw a white Toyota cargo van that had been parked near the photos location. The girl on the left is of Tara Calico and the boy on the right has never been identified. What’s worse, the boy and girl have never been found and their attacker has never been prosecuted.

Personally this is probably the second most haunting photo I've seen.

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    when I first opened the thread, only 4 pics were posted and I thought they were interesting and wanted more.... now I wish you hadn't added the others. The pic of the first girl looks like a pose

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I have plenty more and feel free to add. The last 2 I posted really piss me off. I have kids and 1 is a 8 yo girl and I just don't understand how a person can do something like that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Theres some extremely fucked up people out there...

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    In the 19th century, it was common practice for families to take photos of their deceased loved ones before they were buried. At the time, cameras processed images at a slow rate, you had to stay still in order to have a clear picture. The deceased family members were always the most visible, as you can see with the daughter pictured below.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Just a father and his daughter out on a stroll in Omagh, Northern Ireland. The photo looks like it should go in a family album to be cherished for many years. Now imagine just moments after this photo was taken, the red car their standing next to, explodes. The bombing was carried out by a group called, the “Real IRA”, an IRA splinter group who opposed the IRA’s ceasefire and Good Friday Agreement. The bombing itself killed 29 and injured 220 people. The father and daughter were among the injured, but fully recovered. This photo makes you think just how easily life can be taken away in normal everyday situations.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Some of you may remember this one. American Politician Republican, Budd Dwyer commits suicide on live tv following a trial against him for accepting a bride, while state workers were being underpaid. Dwyer was found guilty and was going to be sentenced on January 23, 1987, a day after his suicide. The live stream can still be found online.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Philippine politician, Reynaldo Dagsa was just out on a night in town with his family on New Years day. He takes a photo of his family to remember the night, also capturing his killer who shoots him just a second after the photo was taken. This photo has been famous for being the man who photographed his own death. On a bright note, the picture helped authorities capture the fugitive and his accomplice seen behind Dagsas’ family.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,923 Posts
    Nice thread man.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HyperV12 For This Useful Post:

fricnjay (12-16-2015)

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    The Charred Remains Of Vladimir Komarov

In 1967, Russian cosmonaut Vladimir Komarov was tasked with an Earth-orbiting mission that he reportedly told people was doomed, but he refused to turn down because he didn’t want the man who would replace him, his good friend Yuri Gagarin to die.
    Gagarin had inspected the vessel and discovered an alarming 203 structural problems, but the Russian higher-ups had everyone so frightened for their jobs, or worse, that the report never made it very far up the chain of command.
    The malfunctions began as soon as the craft began to orbit Earth – antennas that didn’t open, power and navigation were compromised. The American National Security Agency, listening in, heard Komarov tell officials he knew he was going to die. He spoke to the Russian Premier as well as his wife with a message for their children. The capsule descended and the parachutes failed, and Komarov was heard to be cursing the Russian government for killing him, lashing out in rage until his final breath.
    The photo above is of all that remained of Vladimir after his fatal mission.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

fricnjay (12-16-2015)