Thread: The Boxing Thread

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,822 Times in 3,934 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Janus View Post
    have you seen the vids of him in the last couple of months? dude looks scary as fuck.
    Very true, but also very true is the fact that people's ability to take a punch diminishes hugely by the time you're 50. How tf old is Jr?

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    Very true, but also very true is the fact that people's ability to take a punch diminishes hugely by the time you're 50. How tf old is Jr?
    52 I think..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

FBD (07-31-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    I'm looking forward to the fight with the two strongest guys in the world.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    The Incredible Hulk v The Mountain?

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    The Incredible Hulk v The Mountain?
    I think they disqualified Hulk for radioisotopic enhancement

The Mountain's gonna have to slum it with Eddie Hall...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

FBD (07-31-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I think they disqualified Hulk for radioisotopic enhancement

The Mountain's gonna have to slum it with Eddie Hall...
    Hulk sad...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (08-05-2020)

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    eddie hall is going to fuck thor up

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hugh_Janus For This Useful Post:

FBD (08-11-2020), lost in melb. (08-05-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Janus View Post
    eddie hall is going to fuck thor up
    His Neck looks thicker (if that is at all even possible)

I predict the fist one to land a clean punch will win

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

FBD (08-11-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    His Neck looks thicker (if that is at all even possible)

I predict the fist one to land a clean punch will win
    talk about a thick neck, brian shaw is one tough motherfucker, eddie ehall threw and I mean really threw a 20lb medicine ball at his face and he barely moved. It reminded me of the termnator when it got punched in the face

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hugh_Janus For This Useful Post:

FBD (08-12-2020), lost in melb. (08-11-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I don't know why I wrote all that when I could have just posted the video

skip to 3:08

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hugh_Janus For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (08-11-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    A wee little fluff ball

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr.: Fight card, date, PPV price, rules and things to know for the exhibition match

By Brent Brookhouse - CBS Sports

It's time for a little bit of nostalgia. After weeks and weeks of posting hype videos of training, Mike Tyson is heading back inside a boxing ring for an exhibition match on PPV. The former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world, now 54, will take on former four-division champion Roy Jones Jr. on Nov. 28 from California. Jones Jr. himself turned 51 in January.

Tyson, of course, was one of the most feared heavyweights in history, dominating the division over the late 1980s, becoming the youngest heavyweight champion in history with brutal punching power that carried him to a 37-0 record before he fell victim to one of the greatest sports upsets in history when he was knocked out by James "Buster" Douglas in Tokyo in July 1990. Tyson remained a star despite years spent in prison after being convicted of rape. Tyson would go on to infamous lows such as twice biting Evander Holyfield in their June 1997 rematch and quitting against Kevin McBride during his final pro bout. He has, in recent years, rehabilitated his image as a kinder, gentler version of himself, appearing in films, hosting a podcast and becoming an outspoken advocate for marijuana.

Jones was named the best boxer of the 1990s by Ring Magazine. At his best, Jones displayed a dazzling combination of speed, power and defense, while being able to showboat in fantastic and improbable ways. Jones won wold championships at middleweight, super middleweight, light heavyweight, and eventually heavyweight in a historic accomplishment. After a near-flawless first 50 fights of his career -- his lone loss a controversial disqualification against Montell Griffin that was avenged in less than one round in the rematch -- Jones career slowly began to unravel as his style was too dependent on reflexes that diminished over time.

However, there has been some controversy brewing as Jones Jr. threatened to withdraw from the bout because of money and the delay. Jones Jr. felt that the delay is because promoters believe fans may be able to attend in November, which would disrupt his own schedule and should open the door to more money in his pocket. It is unclear at this time where the fight stands.

Then, roughly a month later, Jones said that he may have made a mistake in matching up against Tyson because he's the more explosive, heavier fighter. Jones noted that he would likely give up 40-50 pounds in size to Tyson and that he will fight by any means necessary to get the job done. "If it comes down to bite, we're going to bite. Whatever has to happen is going to happen."

The fighters will meet for a press conference on Oct. 29, just about one month out from their in-ring clash.

There is also a championship tinge to the event, with the WBC creating a "Frontline" championship for the event, an odd decision for an exhibition bout, but boxing finds a way to pay for these sorts of unnecessary additions.

Below is all the information we know about the bout, including the fight card, odds and rules. Be sure to check in on this page often as it will be updated frequently.

Is the fight safe?

Older boxers have come back for exhibition bouts in the past. Tyson had floated the idea for months before the bout was announced, though many expected his opponent to be Holyfield, who was similarly teasing an exhibition return. There are, of course, safety concerns when it comes to two men in their 50s who have taken full careers of punches to the head. A report by Yahoo! Sports' Kevin Iole stated, "Tyson-Jones fight will be EXHIBITION bout with bigger gloves, perhaps 12 ounces. They met with Andy Foster of [California State Athletic Commission] on Zoom recently. They aren't going to try for KOs. Sept. 12 at Dignity Health Sports Park."

Of course, the fighters have spoken differently about their approach to the fight, not wanting to turn the public off to the idea. But Foster doubled down on the idea that the fighters would not be trying to knock each other out and were expected to "exhibit their boxing abilities" over eight, three-minute rounds, featuring no headgear and large gloves that would typically only be used for in-gym sparring sessions.

"I wanted to have their assurances that they understand, 'I don't care if they spar. I don't care if they work.' They are world-class athletes, even still," Foster told BoxingScene. "They have a right to earn, and all these types of things. They're about the same age. We can't mislead the public as to this is some kind of real fight. They can get into it a little bit, but I don't want people to get hurt. They know the deal.

"It's an exhibition. They can exhibit their boxing skills, but I don't want them using their best efforts to hurt each other. They're going to spar hard, but they shouldn't be going for a knockout. This isn't a record-book type of fight. This is not world-championship boxing right now. It's not what this is. People shouldn't be getting knocked out. The public can see what kind of shape Roy and Mike are still in."

It is unclear yet, however, what size gloves will be used. Foster also said there will be no judges for this contest, making it a true exhibition with no expected winner. Some gambling sites have offered odds on the match, but it's tough to tell how that will go given it could just end at any moment.

How can I watch the fight?

Despite Foster stating the fight is a glorified bit of sparring that the public should not consider "some kind of real fight," that same public is being asked to pay to watch the fight go down. The cost of the event is $49.99 and will be available via Fite.tv and through the official TysonOnTriller.com website.

Triller is an up-and-coming social media platform that looks to be something akin to a TikTok competitor. They have acquired exclusive rights to a 10-part documentary series on the event, and according to CNBC, paid "upwards of $50 million" for rights to carry the event. Triller's involvement, as well as the involvement of Tyson's new "Legends Only League" stick two unknown quantities on a major stage along with an ongoing global pandemic, leading some to believe there's a solid chance the fight never actually takes place.

What other fights are on the PPV?

The card is finally coming together after months of only having announced YouTube celebrity Jake Paul against former NBA player Nate Robinson as well as a Badou Jack fight.

The card, as of Oct. 23, is as follows:

Main card

• Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr. -- WBC Frontline Championship
    • Jake Paul vs. Nate Robinson -- cruiserweights
    • Badou Jack vs. Blake McKernan -- light heavyweights
    • Viddal Riley vs. Rashad Coulter -- cruiserweights

Preliminary card

• Jamaine Ortiz vs. Nahir Albright -- lightweights
    • Irvin Gonzalez Jr. vs. Edward Vasquez -- featherweights
    • Juiseppe Cusumano vs. Nick Jones -- heavyweights

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,822 Times in 3,934 Posts
    wow, they're actually doing it

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It kinda sucks that they are billing it as an 'exhibition' match, I'd love to see Tyson just destroy RJJ, because if it was a real fight, Tyson would fuck him up, even at 54 years old.