#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    1). Haye doesnt need the money
    2). Haye knows Vitali would take more chances than Wlad and would knock him out
    3). Haye also knows that no-one has knocked out Vitali...... ever!

Need any more reasons why it aint gonna happen?
    Yes

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thelancinator View Post
    Yes
    4). Haye's scared of Vitali
    5). Vitali has a mandatory defence coming up in september
    6). Haye wants to retire by october

I can think of more if required

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Are there any reasons that involve dragons or other types of monsters?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks

Any help tae yi?

El Goofy Fantastico!

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Possibly

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Cocky Khan backs up his words
    By Kevin Iole - Yahoo Sports

LAS VEGAS – Hall of Fame baseball pitcher Dizzy Dean once said, “It ain’t bragging if you can do it.” So far, with the exception of one stunning mistake three years ago, Amir “King” Khan has done everything he said he’d do.

The World Boxing Association super lightweight champion and 2004 Olympic silver medalist is 25-1 with 17 knockouts and is 4-0 against current or former world champions.

But the 24-year-old is so confident that it’s off-putting to some. He’s quick to tell you how good he is, how much he’s accomplished and how highly others think of him.

He said that HBO, which will televise his 140-pound unification bout with International Boxing Federation champion Zab Judah on Saturday at the Mandalay Bay Events Center, believes he’s the best British boxer. He said he believes he’s the top British fighter in the world, dismissing quality veterans like World Boxing Council super middleweight champion Carl Froch and former heavyweight and cruiserweight champion David Haye.

There is a lot to like about Khan, but to some people, his confidence almost borders on arrogance.

Khan shines in two areas that should endear him to everyone who enjoys a good prize fight. He not only relishes a good scrap, he goes to great lengths to make certain he fights the best he can fight.

After Timothy Bradley defeated Devon Alexander on Jan. 29 in Pontiac, Mich., to win the WBC and World Boxing Organization super lightweight belts, Khan immediately mounted a campaign for a fight with Bradley. At a taut point in negotiations, when his promoter, Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy, was about to say no to Bradley’s financial demands, Khan intervened personally.

He told Schaefer to offer Bradley half of the British television money. It’s nearly unheard of for a British boxer to offer that to an American fighter, but Khan did so because it seemed like that was the only obstacle remaining toward getting the fight done.

He wanted the fight made and wouldn’t let the difference of a few hundred thousand dollars prevent it.

“A lot of guys will say publicly they want to fight everyone, but when as a promoter you offer them a fight, they say in those private moments, ‘I don’t want to fight a left-hander,’ or ‘I don’t want this style or ‘I don’t like that style,’ whatever,” Schaefer said. “Amir Khan is not that way. He wants the best. Look what he did with Bradley. Who else does that? This is a kid who doesn’t just say it, he lives it. He says he wants to fight the best and he does everything he can to make sure that happens.”

He deserves great respect from boxing fans for that attitude. Boxing would be a far better sport if everyone shared it.

He’s also willing to stand and fight. He’s quicker than most of his opponents, though that may not be the case on Saturday when he meets Judah. When Khan fought the powerful Marcos Maidana in December, he could have stayed on the outside, kept his distance and used his quickness to win a relatively easy, yet boring, decision.

Instead, he chose to engage a man who without question is the hardest puncher at super lightweight. The result was a scintillating bout that the Boxing Writers Association of America chose as the 2010 Fight of the Year.

Khan also deserves great respect from boxing fans for that willingness to put on a show.

For different reasons, though, Khan manages to rub people the wrong way. His campaign to tout himself as the top British fighter seems contrived. He’d be far better to let the media hang that assessment on him rather than trying to make the point himself.

Yet, he noted that “Pound-for-pound, I’m way ahead” of all other British fighters.

Froch, who is in the finals of Showtime’s Super 6 tournament, has a better record, has received more votes in the Yahoo! Sports boxing rankings and has beaten a higher class of opponent than Khan.

There’s a strong argument that Froch, not Khan, is the best pound-for-pound fighter from the U.K. And though Haye was horrendous in his title bout against Wladimir Klitschko, he also has a stronger résumé than Khan. Haye was a unified cruiserweight champion who moved up in weight and captured a heavyweight title. Despite his flop, Haye is still the best heavyweight in the world not named Klitschko.

And while there will be a good number of British fans in the arena on Saturday, it’s not going to be anything like it was in 2007 when there was invasion of nearly 40,000 Brits into Las Vegas when Ricky Hatton fought Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Khan still has yet to capture the British fan base the way that Hatton did, or heavyweights like Frank Bruno and Lennox Lewis a generation prior. When Khan fought Marco Antonio Barrera in Manchester, England in 2009, a large percentage of the crowd was rooting for the veteran Mexican superstar.

Freddie Roach, Khan’s veteran trainer, concedes that Khan has great potential, but much of it remains untapped. Roach believes in Khan’s ability, but he also has been around long enough to know that a fighter has to do it in the big arena when the lights are on and not in a cramped and sweaty gym.

“He’s not there yet,” Roach said. “We’re still learning and improving. We got caught in too many exchanges with Maidana. He gets caught with his hands down, and that’s something we’re working on. And we’re working on recognizing when a guy is laying a trap and trying to set you up. We worked a lot in this camp on recognizing when Zab is really going to be offensive and when he’s setting a trap and bait us in.

“We’re working on things and he’s getting better and better at them, but he’s not perfect.”

A clear win over a veteran like Judah would go a long way toward endearing himself to the boxing public. As tough as he is, Maidana isn’t particularly well known, except among the hardcore fans. Barrera and Paulie Malignaggi were past their primes when they met Khan.

Judah is the perfect opponent for Khan to prove that he belongs in the discussion with Froch and Haye as the top British fighter.

If Khan pulls it off, and is impressive in doing it, it will be hard to disagree with his boasts. He concedes there is pressure on him, but said, “Pressure drives me.”

The danger, of course, in talking so big is the consequences that come with a failure to perform.

If he loses after such big talk, he may be known as Amir “King Con” as opposed to Amir “King” Khan.

He’ll take the risk, because he knows the rewards can be great.

“When you fight the best guys in the world, there is always pressure that comes with that, but it’s also true that the rewards are the highest,” Khan said. “I want to be a legend in this business and to do that, you have to fight the guys that no one else wants to fight. A true champion fights anyone and that’s how I try to be. If someone thinks they can beat me, then that’s a person I want to fight.” He’s a bit too cocky for some people’s taste, but he’s at least willing to try to back up his talk. That, alone, makes him a rarity in this sport.

A humble, soft-spoken guy who is a terror in the ring might be best, but I’ll live with an egomaniac any day of the week if, like Khan, he comes to fight and seeks out the best.

There is no better combination.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I hope he aint gonna do a 'Haye'..

El Goofy Fantastico!

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Seems like those British fighters have a thing for talkin' shit.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Seems like those British fighters have a thing for talkin' shit.

Khan's always had a bit of arrogance about him going right back to when he won the olympic medal at 17 year old......... tbh though he has backed it up in the pro ranks

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah he's had 1 loss, and ever since he's looked more an more the package

El Goofy Fantastico!

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Easy win for Khan, Judah looked scared in there, he wanted out and found his way out.......... this is no sport for women Zab

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Big and Easy scalp for Amir, well played!

Mayweather in 2, 3 fights more? Hmmmm..

El Goofy Fantastico!

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Did you watch the fight Bob? I had it on a live stream for 3 rounds then it cut out....... couldnt be bothered finding another so downloaded it this morning. Judah looked scared in the ring, too slow for Amir and no ideas on how to change things. He claims it was a low blow but it hit him about belly-button height........ if thats a low blow then i'm Margaret Thatcher

Amir will fight in December at 140 pounds then move up to 147 for the following fight (hopefully Tim Bradley then Floyd)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I caught a download this morn too..

Thought Amir looked good, a real solid jab, moved well and was blooding him well too before the 5th

Freddie doin a damn fine job trainin him!

El Goofy Fantastico!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    So Vitali wins, and so easily, and when asked about Haye said,

"David Haye is world-famous - not for his boxing but for his tongue.

"I want to knock him out - I'm serious. I know I can do that."

And i know that your ment to root for ur countrymen but i'd actually like to see Vitali smash him!

El Goofy Fantastico!