#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Drama Pat Boone: ‘Saturday Night Live’ skit was anti-Christian

FOX News

Pat Boone is calling out “Saturday Night Live” for a recent skit that parodied “God’s Not Dead 2.” Boone claims the skit – titled “God is a Boob Man”— is anti-Christian, anti-Semitic and “outright sacrilege.”

In the skit, a woman is being forced by a Jewish ACLU lawyer to declare that “God is gay." Boone told The Hollywood Reporter "Saturday Night Live" crossed the line.

“God has a sense of humor. Why else would he invent the porcupine and the giraffe?” he said. “Something can be devilishly funny, but this skit is diabolical. God has only one real enemy — Satan. Satan ridicules faith, and they’re taking Satan’s side. They’re also ridiculing me and the film, telling impressionable young people not to see it because it's ridiculous. Then they throw in that the lawyer is Jewish to make the Christian look even worse, but it’s just anti-Semitic.”

Boone insists that he is not looking for an apology from NBC, however he thinks the network should issue one.

“As much as I’ve enjoyed ‘SNL,’ they went over the line, and believers in God deserve an apology,” he said. “I won’t waste my breath demanding an apology. They don’t answer to me. They answer to the one they defame, and there are consequences.”

NBC declined FOX411's request for comment.

“God’s Not Dead 2” also stars Melissa Joan Hart and Jesse Metcalfe. It tells the story of a public school teacher whose Christian faith and career come under attack when she answers a question about Jesus with scripture.

The 81-year-old singer said "Saturday Night Live" has become "filthy" in recent years.

“I used to love 'SNL.' I’d record it every week. It’s gotten filthy, though, so no more.”

He added, “This skit was outright sacrilege. They know if they did this to Muslims they’d have to be put into the witness protection program. There’s nothing sacred at 'SNL' — except maybe the words ‘Mohammad’ or ‘Allah.’ They’d never take those names in vain, but when they called God a ‘boob man,’ they took his name in vain.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    It's a comedy show. Although he's right about the Muslim hypocrisy.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

Assistant Shelter Dweller allsmiles's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I didn't like the skit, myself, and was a little surprised that they took it so far, but I think that's what they were going for. But not everyone is going to find every skit funny and some people are going to find them downright offensive. But others will find those same skits hilarious, and that's what they want. Like RBP said, it is a comedy show and isn't meant to be taken so seriously. That doesn't make me like this particular skit any better, but I'm not going to stop watching the show because of it.

Thank you, Jezter, for my signature :-)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to allsmiles For This Useful Post:

RBP (04-21-2016)

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,923 Times in 6,613 Posts
    I agree but SNL has definitely started to have a Pro Left Slant over the last few years. Its hard to have comedic integrity when you only poke fun at what you want. Unlike South Park where all bets are off and no one is safe, I like that. Its should be either all or nothing other wise its just propaganda at that point.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fricnjay For This Useful Post:

RBP (04-21-2016)