Thread: Justin Bieber angers Prince fans with 'disrespectful' comment about music icon following his death

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Wanker Justin Bieber angers Prince fans with 'disrespectful' comment about music icon following his death

By Nicola Oakley - The Mirror

The music world is paying tribute to pop superstar Prince after it was announced yesterday that he had been found dead at his Paisley Park mansion at the age of 57.

Elton John, Mick Jagger and Madonna led touching tributes to the icon - but not everyone is being so complimentary.

Justin Bieber has angered grieving fans by posting an insensitive comment about the deceased legend on Instagram.

The message was in response to a touching and heartfelt tribute by funk, soul and rock musician Andrew Watt, who described how he was truly devastated by the loss of "the last of the greatest living performers."

This past Tuesday night before my show I was picking out an outfit...I was so tired from the past week of endless traveling and gigging that I grabbed my Prince shirt and said fuck it I'm gonna channel the purple one tonight...I didn't shower after the gig out of pure exhaustion...I went to sleep in that shirt and then I wore it again all day yesterday...today waking up to this news I am truly beside myself...devastated...the last of the greatest living performers...my guitar idol...his connection to ALL his instruments yielded a sexual transcending aura and the world is just less fucking cool without him walking on it... "Electric word life It means forever and that's a mighty long time But I'm here to tell you There's something else... The after world" #RIPPRINCE

A photo posted by Andrew Watt (@andrew50watt) on

But it seems Bieber didn't agree with that, posting a comment on the photograph simply saying: "Well not the last greatest living performer."

Oh, Justin.

Some suggested Justin was referring to himself, with one writing: "Surely, Bieber doesn't count himself in the pantheon of the last great living artists, does he?

"That is entirely laughable! He is not even the best of his contemporaries, let alone achieved legendary status and it is doubtful that he will ever reach this status."

Another wrote: "I don't care if Justin wasn't referring to himself when he commented that, the point it that it's literally SO disrespectful. All he had to say was RIP Prince."

It sparked a fierce debate between those offended by his message and Justin Bieber's defensive fans, prompting over 2,000 comments.

One person wrote: "Justin meant to say that there are more great living performers and he isn't the last .. Ok? Leave J alone and let the person say his opinion.."

Is it too late now to say Sorry?

Prince was found unresponsive in a lift at his mansion yesterday morning, just hours after visiting a pharmacy.

Medics desperately tried CPR but were unable to revive the music icon who was pronounced dead at 10.07am.

Police were called after his lifeless body was found at his Paisley Park mansion and recording studios in Minnesota at 9.43am.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Do people expect a cunt not to act like a cunt?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

allsmiles (04-22-2016), RBP (04-22-2016)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Justin Bieber doesn't have .00000001% of the talent that Prince had

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,923 Times in 6,613 Posts