Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,773 Times in 4,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Janus View Post
    100% that ^

also, I should add that the rules say something along the lines of "any lapped cars are to be let by the leader and unlap themselves and the safety car will continue for 1 further lap" the only cars that were allowed to unlap themselves were the ones between lewis and max and the safety car was ordered in on that very same lap. Oh, and it wasn't the dtewards that decided on the safety car call, it was the race director and he needs to go, he's been an absolute shit show all year

I also feel bad for latifi (the guy who crashed) I bet he's getting some serious shit on the socials atm
    Ya agreed, only letting Max unlap goes to show it was a joke, applying a rule just for his benefit. One of the other drivers even commented over radio the race should not resume. Everyone knew if they unlapped and pulled the pace car with a single lap left, they were giving it to Max despite Lewis dominating that race. I imagine FIA didn't want the race to finish under yellow flag but to me that would've been the right call.

The inconsistency applying the rules here also meant Merc had no clue how that safety car would end. If nothing else they should've known straight away what the decision would be and been given the chance to pit.

I'm a new fan, but I'd say they need a major rule change. No unlapping, and the safety car should not advance the race (maybe at least if it's passed the halfway point?). In this day and age of technology, I don't see a reason why they can't pull the safety car and leave the pre-crash condition of the race intact. Advise cars to adequately space to within a second or two of the gap they held, then resume the race. Or just red flag and do a 3 lap sprint. This shit was a sham and it makes me regret getting up early to watch every single race this year if this is what FIA is all about....

Also people shitting on Latiffi are absolute scum of the earth, shell brained losers.
    Last edited by Godfather; 12-14-2021 at 07:59 AM.