Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: F1

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Engines def sound shite and as a mclaren fan im delighted but dayum do I feel bad for daniel, poor bugger..

El Goofy Fantastico!

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    spec-fucking-tacular

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    also,

"daniel is faster than you"
    Last edited by Hugh_Janus; 04-06-2014 at 05:27 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Anyone watch the race this past weekend? That first lap battle between Lewis and Max was so intense. Max's crash registered 51 g's... he's so lucky to have walked away. The entire race was awesome, best F1 race since I've been following the sport (only about a year but still)

I still think that crash was just a racing incident, they were battling hard and things happen so much faster than the armchair experts watching ultra-slow-mo, but I can still see why people think it was Lewis' fault.

Junior Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    So proud of his pimple he had it chromed just like the exhaust of his car. I am sooooo jealous.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Neither Lewis or Max are backing down!

I thought it was interesting how large a role predictive behaviour plays in this instance. You could predict that your opponent willl move in a certain way, but then they don't and it's all over.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Anyone watch the race this past weekend? That first lap battle between Lewis and Max was so intense. Max's crash registered 51 g's... he's so lucky to have walked away. The entire race was awesome, best F1 race since I've been following the sport (only about a year but still)

I still think that crash was just a racing incident, they were battling hard and things happen so much faster than the armchair experts watching ultra-slow-mo, but I can still see why people think it was Lewis' fault.

i was initially in the 80/20 lewis'fault camp, but after watching videos of different angles, i now think it was a racing incident. Both of them could have done something to avoid a but neither did.

everyine so far including lewis has jumped out of max's way, lewis isnt playing anymore and max found that out his bully boy tactics wont work. Honestly the first time ive seen someone stand up to max on the track for years

christian horner's (red bull team principal) bitching was glorious though... funny af
    Last edited by Hugh_Janus; 07-22-2021 at 03:38 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hugh_Janus For This Useful Post:

Godfather (07-25-2021), lost in melb. (07-23-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Janus View Post
    christian horner's (red bull team principal) bitching was glorious though... funny af

I can't stand Horner, he's just a sour little prick all the time.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Anyone else getting up stupid early to watch F1 tomorrow? Going to be insane. First time in decades the final race of the year is going to decide the champion. Max and Hamilton in P1 and P2 to start - 5am PST

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    that was a fucking farce

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    that was a fucking farce
    What happened??

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Max won the race and the British guy took second.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    that was a fucking farce
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    What happened??
    I really, really didn't like that finish.

With 5 laps left, Lewis had a 12 second lead, and 4-5 lapped cars between Max (in second) and him. Max has fresher tyres but it's looking extremely unlikely Lewis is caught as Max had not been closing the gap the prior 4-5 laps.

Then an irrelevant car crashes out, the safety car comes out, and they drive behind the safety car for 4 laps. Race probably should've just ended, but instead the stewards decide that with ONE lap left, Max can pass the lapped cars (which Lewis had to fight to pass to a degree - even though they have to let him by, he did it at full speed with dirty air), so Max is now neck and neck with Lewis. Wish far fresher (and soft) tyres, Max beats Lewis on the last lap and wins the race and 2021 driver's championships.

I get that pace cars and strategy play a big role in the sport, and that the rule is that leading cars get to pass lapped cars when the pace car leaves, and also that Lewis has surely benefited in races prior from pace cars eliminating leads of cars in front of him too... but logically I still hate that Lewis loses a massive lead because of an irrelevant crash with 5 laps left. It felt like the decision to pull the pace car and allow Max to catch up for one lap was a made-for-TV decision. Was Merc's tyre strategy aggressive leaving him vulnerable? Yes, but it was going to win him the race if not for the pace car farce.

Don't think it's right. Max is still a deserving champion this year, but it shouldn't have gone down like that.
    Last edited by Godfather; 12-13-2021 at 07:49 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    100% that ^

also, I should add that the rules say something along the lines of "any lapped cars are to be let by the leader and unlap themselves and the safety car will continue for 1 further lap" the only cars that were allowed to unlap themselves were the ones between lewis and max and the safety car was ordered in on that very same lap. Oh, and it wasn't the dtewards that decided on the safety car call, it was the race director and he needs to go, he's been an absolute shit show all year

I also feel bad for latifi (the guy who crashed) I bet he's getting some serious shit on the socials atm

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hugh_Janus For This Useful Post:

Godfather (12-14-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    100% that ^

also, I should add that the rules say something along the lines of "any lapped cars are to be let by the leader and unlap themselves and the safety car will continue for 1 further lap" the only cars that were allowed to unlap themselves were the ones between lewis and max and the safety car was ordered in on that very same lap. Oh, and it wasn't the dtewards that decided on the safety car call, it was the race director and he needs to go, he's been an absolute shit show all year

I also feel bad for latifi (the guy who crashed) I bet he's getting some serious shit on the socials atm
    Ya agreed, only letting Max unlap goes to show it was a joke, applying a rule just for his benefit. One of the other drivers even commented over radio the race should not resume. Everyone knew if they unlapped and pulled the pace car with a single lap left, they were giving it to Max despite Lewis dominating that race. I imagine FIA didn't want the race to finish under yellow flag but to me that would've been the right call.

The inconsistency applying the rules here also meant Merc had no clue how that safety car would end. If nothing else they should've known straight away what the decision would be and been given the chance to pit.

I'm a new fan, but I'd say they need a major rule change. No unlapping, and the safety car should not advance the race (maybe at least if it's passed the halfway point?). In this day and age of technology, I don't see a reason why they can't pull the safety car and leave the pre-crash condition of the race intact. Advise cars to adequately space to within a second or two of the gap they held, then resume the race. Or just red flag and do a 3 lap sprint. This shit was a sham and it makes me regret getting up early to watch every single race this year if this is what FIA is all about....

Also people shitting on Latiffi are absolute scum of the earth, shell brained losers.
    Last edited by Godfather; 12-14-2021 at 07:59 AM.