Thread: F1

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks

F1 F1

Howay!

Any F1 fans out there?

Jings I recon this is the most exciting season i've seen! The new DFS system is no perfect but is certainly making it interesting! I mean come on, how much passing is being done? When was the last time there was races and on the last lap there was 4 or 5 cars could still win!

Look at Canada last week, that had everything! Red flag for 2 hrs and Button wins when at one point he was 21st!

Hamilton slowly loosing his mind, russia's 1st driver in F1 and he's pretty good! Nakajima showing the kamikaze attitude is still going.. There's loadsa things!

Anyway, there's threads for nearly every sport and i cannae be the only fan..

El Goofy Fantastico!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Your centainly not the only fan out there! I'm a bit gutted as I missed Canada...although I had a good excuse, I was in Le Mans for the 24 hours...

Whats going on with these Hamilton/Red Bull rumours as well??? or is that pure media speculation

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vensey View Post
    Your centainly not the only fan out there! I'm a bit gutted as I missed Canada...although I had a good excuse, I was in Le Mans for the 24 hours...

Whats going on with these Hamilton/Red Bull rumours as well??? or is that pure media speculation
    You were there dude? Nice!

I recon it's all media speculation. I know it looks like Hamilton is going off rails but dont think it would be that far. For one thing he certainly wouldn't do something like that with the Red Bull garage right next door to McLarens, he couldn't be that stupid. And possible contract talks would not be Hamilton and Horner in a paddock, it would be lawyers and agents without Hamilton even being there. I know Webber is thinking of moving on and Vettel and Hamilton are probably the top two drivers in F1 right now and with there ages they both will be for years to come but could they both be at the same team? Who would be top dog? Right now everyone knows where they stand.

And next season, when the new regs come in, the consensus is that McLaren and Red Bulls are going to switch positions again because the Red Bull is going to loose there fast cornering speeds and McLaren have a solid car.

But after saying all that i wouldnae be shocked to see ALL of that change!

Broom Broom

El Goofy Fantastico!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Well you never know stranger things have happened over the years... Things aren't really going Hamiltons way at McLaren and Mr Smooth Button fits the corporate image better given recent events involving the young Lewis... If we are led to believe that Webber will move on at the end of the season a straight swap doesn't seem that bad of a deal... Even Ferrari might be an option given the form of Massa?

I haven't seen the new regs for next year, whats the low down?

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    I watched the Canadian GP purely because there was lots of rain and no footy on tv Best race ive seen in years They should install sprinkler systems at all the tracks and soak the track pre-race (and during it ), makes it far more exciting Shame Di Resta had to ram someone up the arse, he was looking good for a top 5 spot at one stage

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Button's my favourite driver, has been for years. I got two mates and myself, every race day the 3 of us get together at one of our houses and watch the race. 2 of us are Button fans, the other Hamilton, so he's been gettin a lot o grief last few races. When Hamilton hit Button we were nearly for throwing him oot, worked out well, but been a few times now..

I have heard it's Massa going to take Webber's place, dont know if thats true but heard that in a few places. Heard Webber was going to leave F1 alogether but again who knows?

The new regs are to do with the exhaust design, changes will be in effect from the British GP this season but Charlie Whiting has already said that more will be imposed next year and there's goin to be engine changes to.

It will be a bad year for anyone to think about moving teams because no-one really knows what impact the new cars will have..

El Goofy Fantastico!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    I watched the Canadian GP purely because there was lots of rain and no footy on tv Best race ive seen in years They should install sprinkler systems at all the tracks and soak the track pre-race (and during it ), makes it far more exciting Shame Di Resta had to ram someone up the arse, he was looking good for a top 5 spot at one stage
    Absolutley!

Di Resta kinda screwed up Monaco too, but lets be honest, he's a rookie and Monaco is punishing and Canada would have been his first wet race so he shows promise.

I'd suggest watch some more o the season bud, it really has been the most entertaining in years!

El Goofy Fantastico!

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I am taking a bit more interest in it this season - mostly due to a Scotsman being in it

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    And Desperate Dan commentates!

El Goofy Fantastico!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothBob View Post
    Button's my favourite driver, has been for years. I got two mates and myself, every race day the 3 of us get together at one of our houses and watch the race. 2 of us are Button fans, the other Hamilton, so he's been gettin a lot o grief last few races. When Hamilton hit Button we were nearly for throwing him oot, worked out well, but been a few times now..

I have heard it's Massa going to take Webber's place, dont know if thats true but heard that in a few places. Heard Webber was going to leave F1 alogether but again who knows?

The new regs are to do with the exhaust design, changes will be in effect from the British GP this season but Charlie Whiting has already said that more will be imposed next year and there's goin to be engine changes to.

It will be a bad year for anyone to think about moving teams because no-one really knows what impact the new cars will have..
    Big fan of Button over here to... Mr Smooth always seems to come out of things smelling of roses! Not sure about Massa at Red Bull... can see him dropping down the grid a bit further.... Just catching up on the Canadian grand prix in the background!

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    They should install sprinkler systems at all the tracks and soak the track pre-race (and during it ),
    bernie likes the idea

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/for...ly-future.html

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by redred View Post
    Awesome

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Vettel and Hamilton together on the same team would probably be as explosive as Senna and Prost at McLaren back in the day, at least as wild as Hamilton vs. Alonso. But I think ultimately Hamilton wouldn't stand a chance. Vettel keeps moving into the "zen" direction where he settles for a 2nd place instead of pushing do-or-die for the win and risking to go blank. Hamilton is becoming inceasingly reckless and will probably end up getting himself and/or another driver killed.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkady Renko View Post
    Vettel and Hamilton together on the same team would probably be as explosive as Senna and Prost at McLaren back in the day, at least as wild as Hamilton vs. Alonso. But I think ultimately Hamilton wouldn't stand a chance. Vettel keeps moving into the "zen" direction where he settles for a 2nd place instead of pushing do-or-die for the win and risking to go blank. Hamilton is becoming inceasingly reckless and will probably end up getting himself and/or another driver killed.
    Yip, thats how I see it too.

El Goofy Fantastico!

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkady Renko View Post
    settle for 2nd.... he only does that because he can't overtake without hitting anyone

also, I'm not hamilton's biggest fan, but apart from the canada crashes, I don't think the incidents were his fault

and TBH, the sport needs agressiv eovertakers like him
    Last edited by Hugh_Janus; 06-20-2011 at 05:15 PM.