Thread: Ariel Winter on shaking off haters: I tell myself every day 'I look fabulous'

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Hot Ariel Winter on shaking off haters: I tell myself every day 'I look fabulous'

FOX 411

It's taken "Modern Family" star Ariel Winter a few years to learn how to deal with haters.

But the actress has finally come to terms the criticism she faces on social media.

"It's definitely hard being self-conscious and having the world be able to tell you how they feel about you," Winter told Seventeen Magazine. "When I was younger, it took a lot more of a toll on me than it does now. Three or four years ago, I would have been devastated, like, Why do people feel this way about me? I’m just being me."

Winter credits her sister with helping her "understand that people will say those things regardless of how you look. I tell myself every day, 'I look fabulous.'"

One look that caused quite a stir was a pink bodycon dress with a revealing cut-out on Winter's chest. She was heavily criticized for the risque dress.

Couldn't be more grateful to @shanelle_gray & @davidbarrygray for throwing me the most amazing graduation party ever last night...the amount of love and support they've shown me for the past four years has been life changing. My sister is my absolute best friend and my everything...❤️ Thank you so much. I couldn't be luckier or more grateful. I was in awe last night and I still am that you guys love me that much to do all of that for me...I never would be where I am today without you two...you guys saved me and taught me to be the person I am today. Dad...I love you!!! Thank you for always being there to support and love me as well and always put a smile on my face no matter what . I'm so grateful for the bond we now share. Alenah the song you put together with Shanelle and recorded for me was one of the most special gifts I've ever received. I'm still tearing up thinking about it. Thank you for that and for your beautiful, special performance. Also a big thank you so much to Geraldine for putting it all together and to @contemporarycatering @robpauerful for the most amazing food! A special thank you as well to Sharon who is probably the biggest reason I was able to get through high school and accepted into college...you pushed me to always do my best and encouraged me...not to mention you were always there for my 1am freak outs about late projects Anddddd thank you SO MUCH to all of my amazing family members and friends that flew in to celebrate with us- you guys are the absolute best. Thank you also to the ones who didn't have to fly in...so much love was felt all around last night. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!! Class of 2016...❤️ #uclabound

A photo posted by ARIEL WINTER (@arielwinter) on

Some called her "too fat" for the dress while others said she was too young for such a revealing look.

"I looked great in it, I loved it, and that’s all that matters to me… There are so many other issues in the world that are more important than my graduation dress showing a little underboob."

BUTT really, don't miss a spot @kipzachary 📸: @davinaadjani #secretshoot #embraceyourcurves

A photo posted by ARIEL WINTER (@arielwinter) on

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (10-14-2016)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Why even have public social media accounts when you're rich and famous? It's just a hangout for trolls....

If it were me, I'd have a personal one for close friends only, and some BS 'public' account that a PR person would sling stupid shit on to make money

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    Some people like to interact with their fans. For example, Nico Rosberg (F1 driver) after every race will do a live "review" I suppose you'd call it, of his race whether he won or it was a shit one and also do a live q&a with his followers which I think is pretty cool. I will say though, he gets a TON of hate from his team mate's (lewis hamilton) fanbois and I really do mean a lot. But if you let that affect you then you need to GTFO

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hugh_Janus For This Useful Post:

Hikari Kisugi (10-15-2016)

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Oh they really, really hate and despise him.
    The vehemence and utter hatred displayed is immense.

Ariel Winter however looks great and should keep doing what she does.