Thread: Jailbreakme to return with ios 5

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Berto View Post
    nice one porkchop nice to have someone on side.
    I use Android btw

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    And jailbreaking and rooting aren't exactly the same thing....Android phones are fairly easy to root (from reading the tutorials and some phones even have apps to do it for you) whereas crApple goes out of its way to try and prevent people from jailbreaking their phones

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    iOS jailbreaking is a process that allows devices running Apple's iOS (also known as iPhone OS prior to iOS 4.0) operating system (such as the iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, and recently Apple TV) to gain full access (root access) to unlock all features of the said operating system, thereby removing limitations imposed by Apple.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_jailbreaking

Rooting is a process that allows users of cellphones and other devices running the Android operating system to attain privileged control (known as "root access") within Android's Linux subsystem, similar to jailbreaking on Apple devices running the iOS operating system, overcoming limitations that the carriers and manufacturers put on such phones.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooting_(Android_OS)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    What does that have to do with the statement I posted?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,139 Times in 1,281 Posts
    iOS has the untethered and tethered thingies too. Untethered obviously being better. Plus AFAIK, iOS needs jailbreak to be able to install 3rd party apps...where as Android allows them even without root... So android has more usability unrooted than iOS un-jailbroken.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thelancinator View Post
    And jailbreaking and rooting aren't exactly the same thing....Android phones are fairly easy to root (from reading the tutorials and some phones even have apps to do it for you) whereas crApple goes out of its way to try and prevent people from jailbreaking their phones
    What does that have to do with the statement I posted?
    Because they are exactly the same thing, just another name for getting root access.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    I use Android btw
    cool

GOOFY YEH HE DONE THIS, SWEET

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    crApple ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    guys i will be honest with you i know how to JB my phone and anybody elses for that matter but i know nothing about roots my wife talks about them a lot; I didnt know she was a geek.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    guys i will be honest with you i know how to JB my phone and anybody elses for that matter but i know nothing about roots my wife talks about them a lot; I didnt know she was a geek.
    Isn't that a little counterintuitive to know how to do it, but not know what it actually does and enables you to do?
    I spent a good amount of time at XDA before rooting to find out exactly what it does to phone and what more it brings to do it. After that, I've spent a looot of time partaking in Android development and there is now even a custom ROM by a Finn. Not me, but I've helped with testing it since not many finns there and easier to provide feedback in finnish. So why root/JB if you are not going to take full advantage of new found root privileges!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    its not something i have learned, i dont get much time online and the time i do have is for other things, anyway where does it say you have to learn everything, i like having themes ringtones and the occasional tweak, I know I can do a hell of lot more but im a user not a writer.
    XDA?? so thats just like chronic dev?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It doesn't say anywhere you have to learn everything... just that if you root/jailbreak in the first place, I guess you are more interested in the capabilities of the phone and want to use it fully. Or is iPhone so crappy without JB that you have to do it just have it useable?

XDA is a community where developers develop more tweaks, apps, scripts, themes, Custom ROMs, etc. All the joys of the open source thing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Pretty much I have to JB to get what I need to make phone useable ie; frash to use flash winterboard to change themes and some of tge amazing themes. I love pulling my phone out and other iOS users say how does yours look like/do that lol. I normally show it off then teach them.
    Cydia is fantastic some of you guys do amazing things, I drive trucks lol if you want a journey routed I'm your man.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Pretty much I have to JB to get what I need to make phone useable ie; frash to use flash winterboard to change themes and some of tge amazing themes. I love pulling my phone out and other iOS users say how does yours look like/do that lol. I normally show it off then teach them.
    Cydia is fantastic some of you guys do amazing things, I drive trucks lol if you want a journey routed I'm your man.
    Nice! Im glad you take advantage of the Jailbreak and make the phone look and work like you want it to. And to teach others is good too. Im not trying to force feed you, but you sound like someone who enjoys tweaking and such...so when you are going to change your phone next time, should consider an android device. More power, more opportunities... but if you are used to iOS and it does enough to satisfy you, then no probs.

Even if Im not a crApple fan at all, I still don't mean any of my anti-apple stuff personally. I hope you have not been offended or upset by my pro-Android talk.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Apple will nickel and dime you to death for every little thing you want, unless you JB