#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Zounds ‘The Simpsons’ Renewed For Record-Breaking Seasons 29 & 30 On Fox

by Denise Petski - Deadline

Amid strong-as-ever ratings, Fox has renewed The Simpsons for an unprecedented 29th and 30th seasons. The renewal takes the long-running hit animated series to 669 episodes, the largest number of episodes for any scripted television series ever, and breaks the record previously set by Gunsmoke (635 episodes).

The cast also has been locked in for both new seasons. Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria and Harry Shearer are all confirmed to return.

Season-to-date, The Simpsons is averaging 7.2 million total multi-platform viewers. The series’ milestone 600th episode on October 16 registered its largest rating (3.6/11 Live + 7) and seven-day multi-platform audience (9.9 million viewers) since January, as well as 1.3 million viewers on Hulu and FoxNow, representing its largest seven-day average streaming audience in more than three years.

“This is yet another record-setting moment for what is truly a landmark series,” said Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen and CEOs, Fox Television Group. “The Simpsons has meant so much to the network, the studio and everyone at Fox, and its continued cultural impact around the globe is a testament to the combined brilliance of Matt, Jim and Al. Congratulations to everyone who works on this groundbreaking series – from the voice cast and producers to the writers and production team – you comprise one of the greatest collections of creative talent in the history of the medium. And to the millions of Simpsons fans around the world, thank you for watching all these years. We’re happy to tell you there’s lots more to come.”

Currently in production on its 28th season, The Simpsons has won 32 Emmy Awards, 34 Annie Awards, a 2016 People’s Choice Award and a 2016 Environmental Media Award. It was the first animated series to win a Peabody Award and was nominated for an Academy Award in 2012 for the theatrical short The Longest Daycare. The Simpsons Movie was a hit feature film, the mega-attraction The Simpsons Ride at Universal Studios has received historic expansion updates with the addition of “Springfield” and the show was honored with a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2000. It has been named the “Best Show of the 20th Century” by Time magazine, and called the “Best TV Show Ever” by Vulture in 2016.

The Simpsons is a Gracie Films Production in association with 20th Century Fox Television. James L. Brooks, Matt Groening and Al Jean are the executive producers.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    it stopped being funny years ago

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hugh_Janus For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (11-07-2016)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    I don't think I have really watched the Simpsons in over 10 years now. It used to be one show I never missed. I couldn't tell you the last time I watched it (other than the older episodes in reruns)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I don't think I have really watched the Simpsons in over 10 years now. It used to be one show I never missed. I couldn't tell you the last time I watched it (other than the older episodes in reruns)
    i think this is a common sentiment for most of us. i only recently got back into it because my 12 year old wanted to watch the movie