Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 338

Thread: STAR TREK DISCOVERY Discussion Thread *Beware Spoilers*

  1. #196
    A horse is a horse lost in melb.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,105
    vCash
    3250
    Thanks
    3,482
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,100 Posts
    Wow, the CGI budget is through the roof good. Does the quality remain the same through the series?

  2. #197
    A horse is a horse lost in melb.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,105
    vCash
    3250
    Thanks
    3,482
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,100 Posts
    Ep. 1 down. It's PC ridden - but there's no escaping that.

    I am grabbed enough to keep watching.

  3. #198
    I live in the DPRC Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    5280' Above Sea Level
    Posts
    191,941
    vCash
    7686
    Thanks
    12,296
    Thanked 48,007 Times in 28,088 Posts
    I guess there was absolutely no new music made in between the 20th and 23rd centuries

  4. #199
    transracial Hal-9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the Discovery
    Posts
    84,993
    vCash
    0
    Thanks
    3,682
    Thanked 9,276 Times in 6,413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    The Universal Translator issue....really? Pretty sure that whoever wrote this episode has no idea how it works in the Trek Universe.
    Spock invented that. And yet another slam against him in absentia.

    I can barely remember the episode...on purpose.

    Do we chat about the planet sharing its feelings, Tilly's parasite...or how about the drill bit right into the head without pain killers?

  5. #200
    I live in the DPRC Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    5280' Above Sea Level
    Posts
    191,941
    vCash
    7686
    Thanks
    12,296
    Thanked 48,007 Times in 28,088 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Spock invented that. And yet another slam against him in absentia.

    I can barely remember the episode...on purpose.

    Do we chat about the planet sharing its feelings, Tilly's parasite...or how about the drill bit right into the head without pain killers?
    Any of those are a good place to start....or a myriad of any other stupid things that happened during the episode


    I will say, after thinking what she did in the first episode was pretty stupid and unbelievable (a non-doctor keeping all the wounded alive), I kinda like Reno in this episode for some of the quips she made towards Stamets and all his ideas/beliefs

  6. #201
    transracial Hal-9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the Discovery
    Posts
    84,993
    vCash
    0
    Thanks
    3,682
    Thanked 9,276 Times in 6,413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Any of those are a good place to start....or a myriad of any other stupid things that happened during the episode


    I will say, after thinking what she did in the first episode was pretty stupid and unbelievable (a non-doctor keeping all the wounded alive), I kinda like Reno in this episode for some of the quips she made towards Stamets and all his ideas/beliefs
    Is that her name? Yeah she was a much needed breath of fresh air and can't help but think it was written that way so people could say - Oh, it's just like old school Star Trek!

    She lived correct? I don't know what I was doing to forget so much of an episode I just saw a few days ago el Blanco

  7. #202
    transracial Hal-9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the Discovery
    Posts
    84,993
    vCash
    0
    Thanks
    3,682
    Thanked 9,276 Times in 6,413 Posts
    Stammets with his soul sucker and his Black and Decker brain drill...The doctor is in, 5 cents

  8. #203
    transracial Hal-9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the Discovery
    Posts
    84,993
    vCash
    0
    Thanks
    3,682
    Thanked 9,276 Times in 6,413 Posts
    Excuse me, his name is Stamets.

    Then I read this

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Stamets

  9. #204
    I live in the DPRC Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    5280' Above Sea Level
    Posts
    191,941
    vCash
    7686
    Thanks
    12,296
    Thanked 48,007 Times in 28,088 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Is that her name? Yeah she was a much needed breath of fresh air and can't help but think it was written that way so people could say - Oh, it's just like old school Star Trek!

    She lived correct? I don't know what I was doing to forget so much of an episode I just saw a few days ago el Blanco
    Yeah, she was the engineer on the Hiawatha that was on that super dense asteroid that they took those Star Wars reject pods down to investigate.

    And I'm sure you're right, she's on there to try and placate people like you and me that see everything wrong with everything

    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Stammets with his soul sucker and his Black and Decker brain drill...The doctor is in, 5 cents
    Funny he couldn't use the fungi soul sucker to get it off Tilly again. Must only work once.

  10. #205
    I live in the DPRC Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    5280' Above Sea Level
    Posts
    191,941
    vCash
    7686
    Thanks
    12,296
    Thanked 48,007 Times in 28,088 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Excuse me, his name is Stamets.

    Then I read this

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Stamets

  11. #206
    transracial Hal-9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the Discovery
    Posts
    84,993
    vCash
    0
    Thanks
    3,682
    Thanked 9,276 Times in 6,413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Yeah, she was the engineer on the Hiawatha that was on that super dense asteroid that they took those Star Wars reject pods down to investigate.

    And I'm sure you're right, she's on there to try and placate people like you and me that see everything wrong with everything


    Can I just say that Reno is the most blatantly dykey character on a show since Lena on Ray Donovan?

  12. #207
    I live in the DPRC Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    5280' Above Sea Level
    Posts
    191,941
    vCash
    7686
    Thanks
    12,296
    Thanked 48,007 Times in 28,088 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Can I just say that Reno is the most blatantly dykey character on a show since Lena on Ray Donovan?

  13. #208
    transracial Hal-9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the Discovery
    Posts
    84,993
    vCash
    0
    Thanks
    3,682
    Thanked 9,276 Times in 6,413 Posts
    So why do you think they based a Star Trek engineer character on a guy who studies mushrooms?

    The real Stamets must have some connection to the show. Hell they used his first name too

  14. #209
    I live in the DPRC Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    5280' Above Sea Level
    Posts
    191,941
    vCash
    7686
    Thanks
    12,296
    Thanked 48,007 Times in 28,088 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    So why do you think they based a Star Trek engineer character on a guy who studies mushrooms?

    The real Stamets must have some connection to the show. Hell they used his first name too
    Maybe he's famous in the world of mushrooms? Or I bet one of the writers or directors or someone associated with the show is friends with him. I mean, it's not like the average viewer would know the character is named after a real person.

  15. #210
    transracial Hal-9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the Discovery
    Posts
    84,993
    vCash
    0
    Thanks
    3,682
    Thanked 9,276 Times in 6,413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Maybe he's famous in the world of mushrooms? Or I bet one of the writers or directors or someone associated with the show is friends with him. I mean, it's not like the average viewer would know the character is named after a real person.
    Did you honestly just ask this after reading that link??


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •