#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Damn you're old
    They should have an Ensign Max Smart make an appearance on the show and he can be working for Section 31

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (04-08-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,842 Times in 8,180 Posts
    The shoe communicator is from 20 years before the time of the original series

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Of course to fit on the show, Max would need to be short for Maxine and she would need to be a lesbian transwoman PoC to fit on the show.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Of course to fit on the show, Max would need to be short for Maxine and she would need to be a lesbian transwoman PoC to fit on the show.
    Speaking of that, from your original review post I think it was me that called Reno a lesbo before we found out from a legitimate source

I just assumed based on....MY FIVE SENSES

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Speaking of that, from your original review post I think it was me that called Reno a lesbo before we found out from a legitimate source

I just assumed based on....MY FIVE SENSES
    Yeah, I didn't remember if I saw it on the show or that someone speculated about it. But of course she's lesbian because woke.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Yeah, I didn't remember if I saw it on the show or that someone speculated about it. But of course she's lesbian because woke.
    God, get rid of Stamets & Jussie and let Reno be the new Scotty.

I'm all in for that type of woke.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Pleasantly surprised to see the bridge of the Enterprise look old school. It still has that Studio 54 glossiness that's not appropriate, but hey on this show I'll take what I can get.

Main storyline still isn't making much sense. We can't destroy Control, we can't blow up Discovery...so let's make a suit and travel into the future?

And what happens to everyone who volunteered to get with Burnham into the future? She has a special suit and the rest of the crew doesn't...

They kinda left us hanging when Reno volunteered to monitor the new power supply and lose her mind.

Speaking of which, another friend from Tilly's past plays a major role in the plot? I hope we don't meet the guy who took her virginity.

Putting Pike in a gold uniform and designing the Enterprise bridge to look retro is bad pandering to a certain audience because it only makes the other ships and uniforms look that much more out of place.

And be still my beating heart. For a moment I thought Burnham was finally leaving the show I hope the actress has a new job on the horizon. The Event Horizon...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (04-15-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Where to start?

Okay, first of all, when they are doing the "Previously on Discovery" intro, please don't throw stuff up there that wasn't on the fucking show! I saw them reference when Tilly met that dilithium crystal queen bitch and I thought maybe I fell asleep during a part of an episode or something. But no, reading a re-cap, it's from those stupid 'Discovery shorts' that you have to watch on the web. If you're going to introduce someone that's going to be a fairly major plot point on a forthcoming episodes, then put it on the fucking show, don't put it somewhere that only a fraction of the audience will see it.

And as far as that stupid queen character, yes, I got it, she blinks horizontally, not vertically, so you don't need to show her blinking 5000 times FFS just because you think the effect is cool or something.

And I have to disagree with you about the bridge of the Enterprise Hal. I think the CGI team did a fabulous job with the outside, but when it came to the interior it still looked like a slightly more toned down version of the Discovery bridge. Way too futuristic looking for my liking, but that's just me. And again with alien crew members on the Enterprise just like on Discovery...when all there was on the Enterprise was a %*&$%$&^%# Vulcan (Spock)!

And of course we returned to this being the Michael Burnham Power Hour. Of course she;'s the "real" Red Angel that's been sending back the signals. And she's the one that can do this and can do that and solve all the problems all by herself. And you know what else bothers me? ON TOS and TNG, the show starts with the entry of the CAPTAIN'S LOG for what is currently happening. Not on Discovery, we get the Burnham log entry. So YAY for that. We get it, IT'S THE FUCKING MICHAEL BURNHAM SHOW!!!!

I fully agree with you Hal regarding the 'traditional' uniforms they showed the crew of the Enterprise wearing. Completely trying to pander to the people like us watching the show bitching about canon deviation and inconsistencies.

And oh look, Discovery has fold out passenger tunnels just like you have at airports to board a plane.

What was that whole deal when Georgiou confessed to Pike about being a Terran from a mirror universe and he gives her a wink and says 'What mirror universe?'

When that Queen Po beams aboard Discovery and she introduces Michale first instead of Capt. Pike? Seems like insubordination is the status quo on Discovery.

And I actually thought for a moment that Pike was going to name Burnham as the new Capt. of the Discovery since he was going back to Enterprise.

Sarek basically begging Michael to forgive him and Amanda?

I dunno, I have more random thoughts rolling around that I'm sure will come back to me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (04-15-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks

I missed the backstory of Tilly's latest friend too. Gotta endure the hour show, no way I'm going to seek out and watch the internet shorts or whatever they were.

I did mention that the Enterprise bridge still looked like Studio 54 glossiness. At least they attempted the general layout and rails, captain's chair etc. Didn't Georgiou say something like - Eww orange?

You mentioned the Michael Burnham power hour and the Michael Burnham show...I finally made a post at my recap place and used one of those exact terms It's a forum full of younger SJW's and I can see the responses now. I mentioned the entire show is designed around Burnham and that I didn't like the character and found her flat. One of my other comments - And Sarek has emotions?

I can see what they're doing. They received a lot of flack about season one and now they're grasping threads from the old series like Spock and Pike and the Enterprise in general, with the hopes they're not insulting canonical ideas (big complaint on the net against season one) when really they're just using the ideas and stomping them into the ground.

Yep and right around the end of the show as they were talking about naming a new captain I decided I won't be participating in season three no matter what.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah, I'm not sure I can do season 3 of this either. Especially if there becomes a Capt. Burnham.

The way they set it up for the finale later this week, we already know that something is going to go wrong with the plan because of Spock. Firstly, I find it hard to believe that he would abandon Pike and Enterprise to follow his "sister" off into parts unknown. Trek canon has made it known that Pike was someone that Spock admired and respected VERY much. FFS he risked mutiny charges to get him back to Talos IV in The Menagerie. But, regardless, we know that Spock can't be flung into the future and lost forever because he has the rest of his time aboard Enterprise and then getting a brand new captain in Kirk and continuing on with the Enterprise and her exploration mission.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (04-15-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Did you happen to see on the recent episode when Pike is giving an inspirational speech going around the horn on the bridge and he gets to the only two male crew members?

"And you two guys, who have never had a line or pressed a button ever. Thanks for the contributions." *wink*

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Did you happen to see on the recent episode when Pike is giving an inspirational speech going around the horn on the bridge and he gets to the only two male crew members?

"And you two guys, who have never had a line or pressed a button ever. Thanks for the contributions." *wink*

We don't want to give those straight male crew members too much air time

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I forgot to address one of your complaints.

The outside shot of both ships approaching each other was great. Until they made the CG airport boarding bridge which looked totally fake and unrealistic.

It looked like fast nanobots rather than a true gantry way being connected between ships.

And what were the measurements Detmer was working from when docking....8, 7, 6...was that feet??

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Another 3 word show.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Another 3 word show.
    Yeah...

It fucking sucks.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post: