Thread: Legion (FX, Marvel) Here be spoilers

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts

TV Legion (FX, Marvel) Here be spoilers

Legion is an omega level mutant, and Charles Xavier's son. He also has multiple personality syndrome and is generally nuttier than a fruitcake. This should be an interesting series.

On the FX channel in February.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    This starts tomorrow night.

FX channel, 10 p.m.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts
    I saw an ad for it so set my DVR to record it tomorrow.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I really liked this first episode.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yea, me too but I'm confused about a couple things. Might need to rewatch it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I watched it several times and there's one thing I didn't get: If her power is switching places with the person she touches, then at what point did they meet up again and reswitched bodies after he left the psych ward as her before he got taken by the government while she was still in the psych ward as him? Maybe they didn't reveal that because it seems his memories jump around and are generally unreliable? And how the hell did she get out of the psych ward as him?
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 02-10-2017 at 06:17 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yep, he was her, she was in the ward, he was out. Next thing you know she gets gassed, he (as her) suddenly is himself in his own body and out?

Then he goes to bed, wakes up in the pool and she is free?

If they would not have shown "her" at the outdoor table suddenly become him in his own body I would understand.

Edit: Watched it again. So David was out of the hospital in her body. In the memory they show him being captured by the govt guys. Sydney is locked in the hospital in his body and is broken out by the mutant guys. Still leaves a bunch of unanswered questions.

If she had his powers in his body why did he not have hers? The guy who released her from the hospital touched her face bare handed and nothing happened.
    When they kissed their bodies did NOT switch locations, just their consciousnesses so how did they physically change places when they returned to their own bodies? What caused them to return to their own bodies?

Was David never really at his sisters or was that a memory that happened just prior to the memory of him getting picked up by the govt? If he's sleeping at his sisters and he's dreaming about a "memory" he's dreaming about a future event?

Was Sydney affiliated with the mutant group before getting committed? Did she go in to get him? During their escape she took down one of the govt people with ease. Was it all a seduction to get him out or does she really love him?
    Last edited by Pony; 02-11-2017 at 02:19 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    In the second episode, she gets out as him by the group she's running with that busts him out. They were actually looking for him, so I guess she just joins with them to find him too. I originally thought that she was a plant by them to get close to him, but I see now that it's just by chance that they ran into each other. At least that's what I'm getting from episode 1 and 2. When they had her (in his body) in the car, she switches back to her own body and says "Surprise!". That made me laugh, but I still don't get the consciousness/body morphing mutation she has. Apparently, he was out long enough for them to switch back (when he's sitting by himself at that outdoor cafe(?)) before the government agency grabbed him. I'm just gonna call it her wacky power and leave it at that. But yeah, the psych touching his face (as her) should have switched them (if she doesn't need to recharge it or whatever).

I don't know if he was ever at his sister's or not. He's at his sister's place, goes to sleep, wakes up and is in the gov facility? Maybe while he was out after the gassing his mind was using a memory of him being at his sister's place? In episode 2, they show his sister showing up at the facility looking for him, as if he never left the facility to begin with. So maybe he didn't show up at his sister's place. Maybe it was all in his head.

Is the show intentionally trying to confuse us to give us a sense of how mentally unstable he is?
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 02-17-2017 at 08:00 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yea, EP 2 explained some but not all of my questions.

So apparently he can not only move things, it's way beyond that. With the MRI machine showing up outside with no apparent hole in the wall and the doors in the nuthouse disappearing it looks like he can control matter? I was thinking that possibly he transported himself to his sisters but you have a good point that she went looking for him. It seems she heard him and possibly saw him at the hospital in the hallway so I guess it's possible he can move without moving....

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    In the comics, David is Charles Xavier's illegitimate son. He's got multiple personality syndrome and each personality has their own mutant power. There's no telling how many personalities he actually had. When the personalities all get "merged" into one, he gains control over every power he has, and he ends up being one of the single most powerful mutants to ever walk the Earth. I'm sure they scaled it down for the TV show, but even so, they'd be doing the source material a great disservice if they don't make TV David crazy powerful. So yeah, he's got some serious juice.

He heard his sister through whatever perception power he has and willed a part of himself into her consciousness while she was trying to leave the hospital where she was, or at least a shade of himself. Or something like that. The point being is that nobody else could see or hear him. He was in her head. I'm sure at this point he has no idea what the hell he did, but his comic book Dad couldn't do that without Cerebro, and Jean Grey couldn't do that, even as the Phoenix. In the comics, I don't know of many Earthborn mutants that could. Cosmic beings, sure, but not the terrestrial guys.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 02-18-2017 at 12:47 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Pony (02-18-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks

That episode was fucked up.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Season 2 starts Tuesday, April 3rd @ 10 pm on FX.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks for the heads up, I will have to try and schedule my cloud DVR.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Tomorrow night.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    If y'all are watching this, episode 5 (Chapter 13) was fucked up.